It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berenstain Blame: Titor?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

We believe everything we currently believe based on the information we have at the current moment.

Except that, in this case, people think current information is somehow wrong based upon their memory and the only way they can explain it is a "shift."

On the other hand, when evidence that the Earth moves around the Sun was provided people sort of changed their way of looking at what they believed. Not so much with these "steiners." It's the world that changed because their memories are perfect.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well it's not the only way to explain it.

Just the most interesting.

If you want to get the more boring explanation it's just wide scale surname malapropism. Maybe not time travel but still interesting nonetheless. Mostly why no one has any memories of ever being corrected for being a dumbass.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Still a 'steiner' and sticking to it!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

I clearly remember "-stein" and a number of other things which have changed. Nothing has yet convinced me, or really enticed me as a possible answer. I appreciate your mentioning this, however.

This is a subject that, more than likely, we'll still be discussing possible explanations for ten years from now

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I can see the attraction to wanting to be special. That the world has changed and your memories are infallible.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I can see the attraction to wanting to be special. That the world has changed and your memories are infallible.

I AM special. We are all special, unique in all the world.

I don't know what the explanation to all this weirdness is, only that it is weird. I have made many mistakes in life. I have had made spelling errors. But...it was Stein. Why didn't kids make fun of the 'stain' part? Why do so many of us insist on what we remember, even when it makes us look crazy? Do you think we enjoy this? Looking at stainer is like looking at share bears instead of care bears, or Charlie Crown instead of Charlie Brown. Strange!
edit on 5-9-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I AM special. We are all special, unique in all the world.

I don't know what the explanation to all this weirdness is, only that it is weird. I have made many mistakes in life. I have had made spelling errors. But...it was Steiner. Why didn't kids make fun of the 'stainer' part? Why do so many of us insist on what we remember, even when it makes us look crazy? Do you think we enjoy this? Looking at stainer is like looking at share bears instead of care bears, or Charlie Crown instead of Charlie Brown. Strange!
Now you can't even remember that it is "Berenstain/stein" and not "Berenstainer/steiner."

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Theres so many individual accounts out there on the interwebs of people seeing it as Berenstein up until around when Titor came into the picture regarding time travel and warning of some sort of disease (mad cow disease?) epidemic and Jan and Stan died and presto, Berenstein bears have changed to Berenstain and perhaps other glitches have occured but we haven't caught onto it?

I'm still trying to catch up on Titor's claims on ATS and all over the interwebs but its alot to digest!

Personally I do remember buying the books like from Scholastic News class group orders and have a photographic memory of the books lying around spelled Berenstein having seen them day in day out for years and years and feel violated that somehow it has changed to STAIN but again perhaps there is a reason why it was changed, perhaps some sort of cryptic message? Or maybe its related to Nazis.

I also find it weird that the modern Bernstains have a strong Christian message; the Berenstein bears were way more universally non-denominational and I hear that is the direct Mike Berenstain has steered the bears.

Yea yea yeah, we're the care bears.. I wonder what will be 'changed' next!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have made many mistakes in life. I have had made spelling errors.
And no memory errors.

Why do so many of us insist on what we remember, even when it makes us look crazy?
The only thing that makes you look crazy is blaming it on a "shift."

Do you think we enjoy this?
Yes, somewhat.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Ahahahaha! Just corrected that. My apologies!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I have made many mistakes in life. I have had made spelling errors.
And no memory errors.

Why do so many of us insist on what we remember, even when it makes us look crazy?
The only thing that makes you look crazy is blaming it on a "shift."

Do you think we enjoy this?
Yes, somewhat.

I don't know if it is a time shift. I have indeed had memory errors and plenty of them. If it makes you feel better, I'm crazy, but harmless. LOL

Seriously though, I am perplexed as are many, many others who still insist it was Berenstein. Should we all make reservations at the nearest mental health facility? Nah.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I mean to say Berenstain Bears have become very Christian compared to the original Berenstein Bears stories and it appears that is the direction Mike has steered them, how very Christian of him!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Should we all make reservations at the nearest mental health facility? Nah.

I agree, with "nah."

Better (for you) to just admit memory is a funny thing. Or blame Titor.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Memory is a funny thing, but I don't see how a time traveler could be responsible for a change in an Authors name spelling.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ask the OP about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

At this point, I don't think anything would surprise me for an answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A time traveller backward has the potential to rewrite history in countless ways!

But, what if he ends up dating and marrying his mother? Enter major paradox!

As for Berenstein continuity, i wish some book reports would be dug up to see if the kids' handwriting of 'Berenstein' changed or not!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wrote this not too long ago in the long thread on this theory. This is my belief.

Here is the problem...as a kid, who was just learning how to spell efficiently, I probably didn't give the title two looks. However it's what I heard...What I heard was Berenstein. Does not mean that this was the correct spelling. No one is going to take the time to over enunciate the "STAIN" . Thus this is where we are all at now. If you say The Berenstain Bears with normal flow me as a child would not be able to tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage Heliocentric or helical model? Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I see it in my minds eye as Berenstein, what makes it interesting is how many other people say the same thing. Even if you think this is all poppeycock, you have to admit that it's pretty strange that so many people swear it was Berenstein. If it is so common for people to mix up letters like this, is there any other examples out there that have been as well known as this particular name? And why not?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join