It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolving Ethics Divine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Each incarnation into this world is an fundamental leap of faith.

For each foray into this level of material reality entails jumping into this existence almost entirely blind.

No map, no compass, no waypoints, and no gps--no tools of precision navigation are provided you before entering your life. Thus fundamentally unguided you walk through this life on an adventure where anything can happen and nothing is holding you back.

All you bring with you is a few memory-encoded snapshots showing critical nexus point moments in your existence. The arising of these is the state commonly known as deja vu, where you find yourself feeling you've done something before--because you have.

Those specific scenes you've already lived out in a console-locked simulator, because those were the individual snippets the designers of your life offered you as a sneak preview to ascertain whether you'd like to accept your particular life.

So those few tidbits are all you bring with you into each incarnation. And while they provide some assurance (sensations of deja vu are usually indicia that your life is proceeding on course), much more do you lack.

For never can those isolated stillframes of memory offer you help getting from one to the next. And in addition to lacking any navigational tools to help you guide yourself through this psychic labyrinth we call life, you also enter this reality without access to any authorized spiritual rulebook delineating good from bad.

Therefore right and wrong you tend learn from society, from laws, from government, from religion. But all of those sources still remain nothing more than opinions as to the correct ethical path.

Not until your existence ends and you return unto the spirit world and regain access to your personal knowledge and the guidance of your spirit advisers will you have any firm grasp of ethics divine. Until then you need subside upon the opinions of others equally ignorant as you--seeking wisdom passed down through word of mouth and written in rules of law and scribed within books spiritual and mundane.

But again, in the end, all those sources are still only opinions.

All those are guidelines and suggestions quite possibly made by someone as willfully uninformed as you become when you relinquish your memories and lock away those portions of your spirit pre-incarnation. Thus what truly matters isn't anyone else's conception of morality, because relying on society and governments and laws and scriptures for guidance is almost always a case of the blind leading the blind.

None of us have any compass, none of us have any map, none of us have any waypoints or gps. So in this life, all you can truly rely upon to tell right from wrong is what's in your heart.

Therefore the only moral code you should heed is your own. And with it you should do two things:

(1) Follow it unfailingly, regardless the costs or consequences to yourself
(2) Refine it consistently as your conception of morality becomes more acute over time

Seriously, the best judge of whether something is right or wrong is how you feel about it at the time of doing it then after performing the act. If contemplation and performance of the deed delivers a warm feeling in your heart and a positive sensation in your soul, you can be pretty confident you're doing the right thing.

If, on the other hand, you're left feeling weird and ashamed and rationalizing the behavior whilst wondering whether it was right--if the experience haunts you in any way or form--chances are you made a mistake.

That's okay. That's why you're here.

Make all the mistakes you want.

Just stop making the same ones over and again.

Once you realize something you've done (or something you've been doing) is wrong, update your moral code then refer back to principle number one: follow it unfailingly with those newly adopted modifications.

Through this simple process you'll get better and better each day. You'll constantly improve your morals like chipping away at a raw block of marble until you reveal the beautiful sculpture within.

Judge your actions against how they make you morally feel, then constantly refine your ethics towards eventual perfection.

The depths of meditation is typically the best place to uncover acts of gray or questionable morality. If you start meditating and find yourself troubled by something you said, something you did, some way you made someone feel--if your mind keeps regurgitating it again and again to the forefront of your consciousness--you probably did something that cuts contrary to your moral code.

You probably did something you should thereafter cease.

This is the exact process I've used to refine my ethics over the years, and while I'm nowhere near perfect, I'm getting closer day by day. It's a simple method that produces great rewards and clears up a lot of the confusion over whether something is right or wrong.

Where once I'd watch anything on youtube or torrent anything online, now I won't do it until I'm sure it's (1) posted by the original creator or an authorized source, or (2) it's clearly not under copyright any longer and I can't buy it in some other fashion.

After having worked hard at writing books, I found the concept of stealing other people's creativity to be unconscionable. So I updated my moral code and enforce it strictly.

Then after having a revelation driving to Amsterdam that made me realize if I wouldn't go into a field and kill a cow myself, I had no business eating meat (see: Would You Cut The Cow?, I refined my diet until I turned totally vegetarian.

Those are just two examples of somewhat drastic ways I've changed over the years. And no book or scripture or word of man told me to do these things. I simply started doing them because continuing to commit those acts felt wrong. So I updated my moral code--and I continue updating it to this very day.

In this game of life we're all operating blind. That means no one--including me--has complete access to the entire picture.

So instead of giving you clear-cut ethics and firm-set rules, I'm simply offering you the system that worked for me so you can design and update and modify your own ethical code.

Navigate this life by the compass of your heart. Dominate this existence with the map and gps of your mind.

Set repeatable waypoints by acts that feel correct and leave you glowing with pride at having done the right thing.

Then--eventually--you'll have a solid plan for escaping this jungle of life as ethically clean and morally pure as possible.

Enforce your personal morals unfailingly, then update it immediately as your actions bother you in hindsight and your principles grow more refined.

Do that every day without fail, then once you emerge from the tangled thickets of this crazy existence, you can look back with pride at the amazingly assured route you walked through this often confusing reality.

For if you enact this process you'll never stop improving your own personal morality.

Then--inevitably--you'll one day have ethics divine.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Wow, thanks so much for being very open about sharing your personal insight in how to navigate this life as we know it.

I agree on so many levels with you and I have also refined my ethical moral compase as being open. When I eventually learned that life was meaningless, everything started to make sense to me from that perspective.

When you convince yourself, enough one can move mountains, metaphorically speaking. And each path, we take is always presented with a validation through our personal endeavors.

It's a beautiful thing if we think about life. Life is like a childs coloring book, but with blank pages, we paint the pictures as we go alone.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Wow, thanks so much for being very open about sharing your personal insight in how to navigate this life as we know it.

I agree on so many levels with you and I have also refined my ethical moral compase as being open. When I eventually learned that life was meaningless, everything started to make sense to me from that perspective.

When you convince yourself, enough one can move mountains, metaphorically speaking. And each path, we take is always presented with a validation through our personal endeavors.

It's a beautiful thing if we think about life. Life is like a childs coloring book, but with blank pages, we paint the pictures as we go alone.

Peace

Thanks just as much for spending your time reading my silly musings!

I agree with you almost totally--if you refine your mind sharp enough you can move mountains and do anything under the sun. The only part I'd quibble on is that I personally believe life has great meaning--because I think the point of life is ultimately to refine yourself to the highest moral/ethical/spiritual heights.

So really, in a way, the meaning of life becomes whatever we ascribe to it. Thus the moral of the story becomes: live for the highest possible purpose, hold yourself to the greatest possible standards, and accept from yourself nothing less.

It's a crazy game we're all playing together. I'm glad you're on this rollercoaster ride of corporeal existence with me.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

Peace

The only part I'd quibble on is that I personally believe life has great meaning--because I think the point of life is ultimately to refine yourself to the highest moral/ethical/spiritual heights.

So really, in a way, the meaning of life becomes whatever we ascribe to it. Thus the moral of the story becomes: live for the highest possible purpose, hold yourself to the greatest possible standards, and accept from yourself nothing less.

It's a crazy game we're all playing together. I'm glad you're on this rollercoaster ride of corporeal existence with me.

Cheers!

You're totally right, life has great meaning, it's just that I had to first learn that it was meaningless and work from that perspective forward as it unravelled things for me.

I know, you would agree, it has never been an easy ride, but it is soothing to actually share in this manner and in a way validating for ourselves how we both come up with more or less the same understanding.

This is classic, what an exciting and mysterious world we live in.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You're totally right, life has great meaning, it's just that I had to first learn that it was meaningless and work from that perspective forward as it unravelled things for me.

I know, you would agree, it has never been an easy ride, but it is soothing to actually share in this manner and in a way validating for ourselves how we both come up with more or less the same understanding.

This is classic, what an exciting and mysterious world we live in.

Right on! And not only do we live in a fun, exciting, fantastic world, but I feel like good times are ahead for us all.

Earth is going to evolve on schedule, the corrupt institutions controlling this planet are going to crumble apart, and within a generation or two this world is going to be a much more benevolent place.

Celestial Avengers are incarnating here en masse, and those Representatives of God will heap lead the charge so humanity starts moving in the right directions.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What a good thread, and an interesting concept.

I do have a problem with "I wouldn't go into a field and kill a cow, so I'm a vegetarian" but the rest of it is very good.

The biggest problem with the "killing a cow" comment is that there is absolutely no need for you to do this. Part of the benefit of living in a society is that there are people around you trained to do many different tasks that you don't have to do yourself.

Would yo not go to a doctor because you wouldn't want to diagnose yourself? It's the same argument

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
What a good thread, and an interesting concept.

I do have a problem with "I wouldn't go into a field and kill a cow, so I'm a vegetarian" but the rest of it is very good.

The biggest problem with the "killing a cow" comment is that there is absolutely no need for you to do this. Part of the benefit of living in a society is that there are people around you trained to do many different tasks that you don't have to do yourself.

Would yo not go to a doctor because you wouldn't want to diagnose yourself? It's the same argument

Thanks for the kind words!

For a long time I thought like you did--the meat was already dead and someone else killed it, so I accepted it as ethical. Then I realized that line of thinking is ethically lazy, because I'm putting that negative karmic burden (killing the cow, slaughtering the whatever) on a complete stranger when I wouldn't accept that karma on myself.

That's what led to my eventual vegetarianism.

So the difference between that and your doctor example, is that by allowing the doctor to diagnose me, I'm not forcing him to accept adverse karmic consequences--because (ostensibly) helping diagnose my illness for money is at least a karmically neutral deed.

Hope that clarifies my stance!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

Right on! And not only do we live in a fun, exciting, fantastic world, but I feel like good times are ahead for us all.

Earth is going to evolve on schedule, the corrupt institutions controlling this planet are going to crumble apart, and within a generation or two this world is going to be a much more benevolent place.

Celestial Avengers are incarnating here en masse, and those Representatives of God will heap lead the charge so humanity starts moving in the right directions.

Yeah and even that too, amazing! I know for a certain that there is an awakening happening just by observing the world around us and feeling the energy in the air.

And hence wrote a thread on it just like you did on yours..

The Awakening - Self Evident

edit on 4-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yeah and even that too, amazing! I know for a certain that there is an awakening happening just by observing the world around us and feeling the energy in the air.

And hence wrote a thread on it just like you did on yours..

The Awakening - Self Evident

Nice thread and great ideas! Thanks for entertaining me with a dose of truth.

S+F from me, kind sir.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Thanks my friend, I am grabbing some crackers and a good all six pack to head over to read you threads..

SnF, I'm a native from the South Pacific, PNG and I don't know how we both got the same conclusion but if it's any help to anyone. I have never in my life travelled overseas in my lifetime and most of my life I learned through struggles in life and the way of life here in Papua New Guinea. And it doesn't stop to amaze me that someone else also has the same intuitions as myself. That all the more streghthens and further enforces the idea of life as I have painted it to be.

Thanks Trachel, it means alot to get an echo from the Universe of my own musings as well...Cheers buddy

Peace

edit on 4-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Midwesterner from the US, here. I've had the good fortune to explore Europe and South America, bungee jumping and race car driving and skiing mountains and canoeing the amazon basin. I've driven wheel to wheel against Ferraris and Lamborghinis through the Eifle mountains, I've dove headfirst from a cage floating 400' in the sky, I've dropped routes from the tops of spruce-covered mountains on days so cold the treebranches are locked beneath sheaths of ice.

But honestly, many of the best experiences I've ever had came from sitting at home meditating or walking in a park near my house. Because that's where I put the majority of these pieces together and came up with these ideas.

And I'm always happy to meet likeminded people. It's gratifying when you have a conversation (even over the web) and your core values and life philosophy resonates well with someone elsewhere around the world.

And I'm very grateful to call those kindred spirits my friends.

top topics

join