It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 HAM radio

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
a reply to: CajunMetal

Thanks for the Cernan item. Does his text indicate it was a live two-way loop or the well-known normal medical 'packet audio' system that allowed crew to make a taped report and then send it as a whole file overnight.
Here is the relevant screenshot which says Deke Slayton was talking to Gene Cernan, so that couldn't have been one way from the Apollo crew to mission control.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Thanks for the Cernan item. Does his text indicate it was a live two-way loop or the well-known normal medical 'packet audio' system that allowed crew to make a taped report and then send it as a whole file overnight.
Here is the relevant screenshot which says Deke Slayton was talking to Gene Cernan, so that couldn't have been one way from the Apollo crew to mission control.

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the follow-up, you two! I wasn't able to get back to this as soon as I would've liked.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In case anyone is still interested, here is the old Jefferson Community & Technical College
Otter Creek-South Harrison Observatory webpage.
This is the story of the amateur radio operators from Louisville that picked up the lunar comms.

Most of the information including the recordings are still downloadable.

observatory.jctcfaculty.org...

edit on 26 7 2019 by aQuietKnight because: Link issues

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: aQuietKnight
In case anyone is still interested, here is the old Jefferson Community & Technical College
Otter Creek-South Harrison Observatory webpage.
This is the story of the amateur radio operators from Louisville that picked up the lunar comms.

Story updated:
therecordnewspaper.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
....Thanks for the follow-up, you two! I wasn't able to get back to this as soon as I would've liked.

Uh, what does the silly 'secret Apollo-12 stand-up EVA' fable have to do with Slayton and Cernan and a secret two-way radio channel?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I read that article in The Record. A gent I have known for several years shared it with me last week. Good follow up.
edit on 27 7 2019 by aQuietKnight because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Cool. Let me followup with some Apollo veterans!!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

www.youtube.com...

I've just checked my copy of his autobiography and the quote is correct and there is no additional context to clarify or qualify it. There is nothing in any the transcripts to indicate such a conversation took place, but that doesn't mean that it didn't.

It's worth bearing in mind that, legend as he was, Gene could spin a good yarn, and his recall of events may not necessarily amount to a precise account of the actual events. He might well have believed he was having a private conversation with Deke, but that doesn't mean a room full of people weren't actually listening as well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join