It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting My "Applause ! " Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hello gang ...

I am fortunate in receiving the odd staff applause - for which I am truly grateful.

Besides the ATS Corvette which I am eagerly saving for, I get a special - beyond 'star & flag' buzz from a staff recognition.

I know these good folk are busy doing their stuff all over the boards as well as being regular members - unpaid in their dedication to keeping the sites integrity empirical; as well as RL intrusions ...

So when I get a nod from one of these good folk - it means something to me.

The rub ...

In my previous "Applause ! " thread. my main point was the bottom line in these notifications.

"Do not reply to this U2U."

The gripe ...

It is still there.!

I am sure the Admins, Owners and Staff - are all as busy as Baghdad Brickies !
However; correct me if I'm wrong - everybody can use positive feedback for a nice gesture - no ?

Maybe a " No need to reply to this U2U." would be more apt...

2c.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ill be frank with you here...

Really ? It's just a message ... You can always thank them in a personal message.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

My guess is that mods have in addition to being able to click on a blank star or blank flag they can click on a blank applause which generates an automated message to the person they are applauding. Replyies to automated messages don't go anywhere, thus the "Do not reply to this U2U."

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't know of a staffer that would mind getting a thanks regardless of what the automated message says. Before I became staff I always just sent a separate message to any mod who took the time to applaud my efforts. I explained that I was sorry for the intrusion but felt the need to thank them. None of them had an issue with it and most of them replied back with a thanks for their thanks (vicious cycle there lol).

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Polite PM's expressing gratitude are like bribes.

You give them to staff once and then they just suddenly expect to be treated like decent human beings.

They know what they signed up for, don't encourage them, hence the message at the bottom of the PM.

Kidding aside, I know Bill is working on the next batch of upgrades for ATS and I assume the PM system will get a revamp along with the automated PM system and their contents.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Of course they like getting patted on the back. Who doesn't get a twinge of excitement when the little white envelope lights up.

Especially if its a thank you.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

"No need to reply" implies a reply is optional. If you don't mind sending a reply that will never be seen, then you sure have the option.

A direct message to any staff member is always welcome, but replying to the auto message is never seen by anyone. That's why it says 'don't reply to this message'.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I hope you never ever get another applause...this thread sucks.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses.

As it stands - yes I do make an effort to U2U the staff with great taste - thanking them personally for their obviously exceptional taste and wisdom.

My point - as has been mentioned as being a possible refinement in the next reincarnation of ATS,
is simply - it does imply a "Das ist Verboten!!" stance " Do Not "; is quite specific ... lol.

Some of our newer members may as I once did - take this literally - and say nothing ...

A small detail I know. But one that needs a look at.

The Mods Need Nods !

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Thanks for your well worded and carefully thought out response.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im with ya OP.
I got an applause for posting some of my original art. To recieve an applause from the mods, was indeed up lifting an was very encouraging. Its a great feeling knowing that someone appreciates what you bring to the site that we all spend a lot of our time on.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I applaud this thread. No need to reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Complements are distracting ...

edit on 4-9-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Suck up.

When authority figures applaud you, then you are doing something wrong...

Unless said 'authority' figures are nice, smart folks trying to keep the website and community humming... in which case, never mind.

But this IS ATS.. .the little place for folks with authority problems, heh.

As an aside, I'm still tempted, daily, to hit the 'complain' button on the drop-down menu and write a litany of aches and irritations from real life.

Poor mods.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You might get a reply.

I will say that it might not be me that does a step by step of how to recalibrate the flux capacitor in the DeLorean to account for leap years.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think that I've solved the problem as to what to use in the event that an applause has been sent and the ending line should read...

Should you reply to this U2U?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ya know what TImely....as a man to (presumably) man kind of thing here, my best advice is to let your hair down and be a rebel. Reply to the U2U.

But know: you would have to forward the U2U tot he staffer to have it reach them. I have no idea where a reply to that U2U would go. I presume a box that dumps into file 13....

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Indeed it seems like it does indeed go to file 13 which is housed somewhere in warehouse 13 ...fractals ...

Hence my need to actively stalk said mod - seeking out profiles, walls, home addresses etc.
Just to send a thanks for the nod - U2U.

By the way - you have a nice house BFFT !!

new topics

top topics

join