It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to accept 'thousands' more refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

14:53
Prime Minister David Cameron says in a news conference in Madrid that the UK will spend an additional £100m on aid for Syrians in the Middle East.

UK to accept 'thousands' more refugees

Firstly, I realise that the title of this is different to what I want to post but ATS wants the actual title so that's what I've provided.

Secondly, the crisis is a hot topic, hotly debated and I'm not going to touch on that at all.

What I am wondering is, if Mr. C can cough up £100m for this, can he not cough up £100m for the NHS?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Any country that has partaken, or is partaking in the bombing of these refugees homelands should be FORCED to accept these refugees.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I see what you are saying but my point was, if money can be provided for the refugees, why can't he put some more cash into other ailing areas like the NHS.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Welp, all the folks here in ATS were gripping about illegal immigration and refugees coming there via illegal channels.

So now it's legal channels. I wonder what the argument will be against. Although I do understand that the social services are already strained under the current number of folks claiming benefits.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yeah, but they're not just strained by immigration - they're strained because the government cuts stuff. If he can suddenly find £100m then surely he can find £200m and sort something else vital out.
edit on 492015 by MrCrow because: Added the word "else" for clarity

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

I see what you are saying but my point was, if money can be provided for the refugees, why can't he put some more cash into other ailing areas like the NHS.

I don't know much about UK Politics, I do know that this man was re elected for a second term, so perhaps this is an issue that the voters should fix and hopefully get it right next election.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yeah, but they're not just strained by immigration - they're strained because the government cuts stuff. If he can suddenly find £100m then surely he can find £200m and sort something else vital out.

You would think that they can't do one without the other right?

Not that I trust any government to actually follow common sense or anything, but yeah, you're right, if he can find 200 to take them in, he can find another 200 to make sure the system doesn't implode under it's own weight.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Although I hate to say it Cameron has been quite smart , the refugees will be coming from UN camps neighboring Syria and will be families and children without parents.
I think it is right we help those genuinely in need and it sends a message to those attempting to get here illegally.

Can't believe I agree with Cameron.

The government have a way of finding money when they really need it.

edit on 4-9-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm all for it, I wish Canada would do the same. We can afford it and we have the room. Whole damn country is pretty much empty.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I concur. Trouble is, he's here, now, and will be for a while. Until we vote him out. Or even if...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Exactly
We are in so much debt and borrowing 200 million pounds extra EVERY DAY and have a growing population as it is. They should all be sent to Germany as the Germans balance their books, plus it's their WW2 guilt complex that makes this mass migration politically acceptable to EU politicians. Let the Germans sort it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Any country that has partaken, or is partaking in the bombing of these refugees homelands should be FORCED to accept these refugees.

They are. Ultimately, if they learn the language, so they can get an education, so they can get a degree, so they can get a job, so they can have money to buy a house, with a two car garage, with two cars…

then they can drive back and forth to McDonalds and WalMart on all that gas the corporations will be pumping from their homeland.

cha ching!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Exactly We are in so much debt and borrowing 200 million pounds extra EVERY DAY and have a growing population as it is. They should all be sent to Germany as the Germans balance their books, plus it's their WW2 guilt complex that makes this mass migration politically acceptable to EU politicians. Let the Germans sort it out.

Have the Germans been bombing those countries?

If so, then yes they share responsibility, if not well..maybe the UK should not get involved in military campaigns if it can't afford the consequences.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

where is the quote you picture in the news???

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Try this: www.bbc.co.uk...

I couldn't get to the £100m pledge till I dug a bit further down - it was breaking news at the time. You may have to scroll down the page to find the comment.

Comment time was 14:53

Cheers.
edit on 492015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just to put this in to perspective,this year,the premier league has spent £880 million on football players !

Well over 3/4 of a billion pounds on running around a footie pitch,as oppose to £100 million,helping save the refugees of wars that we were pretty implicit in starting.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Exactly We are in so much debt and borrowing 200 million pounds extra EVERY DAY and have a growing population as it is. They should all be sent to Germany as the Germans balance their books, plus it's their WW2 guilt complex that makes this mass migration politically acceptable to EU politicians. Let the Germans sort it out.

Have the Germans been bombing those countries?

If so, then yes they share responsibility, if not well..maybe the UK should not get involved in military campaigns if it can't afford the consequences.

~Tenth

Totally agree. We are backing the wrong side in Syria, it is a travesty that we can't aim at preserving a secular Middle East, Assad is THE secular man who protects Christians as did Ghadaffi. Iraq and Afghanistan have been left to radical Islam by our invasions there too, Christians ethnically cleansed out of there too.

Having read who Cameron will take, hats off to him and he's doing the right thing. I can be a little flippant blaming everything on Berlin, I do think our failure to have a reasonable European immigration policy is due to their WW2 guilt complex, but if it's saving as many people from the sick evil thing Isis that is destroying the most ancient country on Planet Earth then I like all fair minded Brits welcomes this.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: elephantstone

Yes, it's obscene isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

You make a good point there. We do need to save Syria's population. From the Syrians I've met, well they aren't the radical Islam type at all, they seem more interested in partying and night clubs than religion. Many are the descendants of our Crusaders too.............. Bring 'em home

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join