It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very wrong with the migrant/refugee train in hungry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I've been wondering why Humanitarian Aide Organizations haven't been more involved, they usually can setup and provide assistance/counseling/etc to migrants and refugees displaced by inhumane conditions in their homelands because of the current movement of destroying peoples homelands and dry/drought condtions due to global warming effects

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Another important consideration i have seen raised or discussed: the criminal element. Would it not be the height of ignorance and naivety to assume none of these young men have dangerous criminal backgrounds and will set up shop in their new host countries? Why is no one talking about the elephant in the room?

Ill tell you what the Hungarians should do while they have a chance, surveille and bug the trains and places where the young men congregate and gather intel of any potential violent plans some are almost certain to have. If such a thing were discovered and confirmed to not be an isolated incident would it not effectively blow this thing wide open and change the essence of the debate into what it needs to be?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

I mentioned that on the first page, people taking advantage of others dire situation and slipping into europe unchecked. i believe a very very very small minority have sinister intentions. But it only takes 1 nut job to do alot of damage.
I still belive we have a human duty to help all those who are really in need of our help.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Anybody who wants to actively keep up with events in Hungary should tune in to AJAM (Aljazeera America) on TV. It is by far the most unbiased, non-propagandized news channel. I watch it all the time now. You see more of what's going on in the world in five minutes than all day of CNN and some of the other talking heads. AJAM doesn't have a lot of editorial BS yapping. Just the news, folks.

Syrians are now walking to Austria. They seem in high spirits, are smiling and waving at cameras, saying it's nice to be in fresh air again. There are about 1,000 of them walking, and the center of the highway is lined with water bottles they can pick up at will, and are doing so.

(The story has changed now, but I'm sure they will be back on it.) Please take a look, okay? It humanizes an otherwise distasteful circumstance for many.

eta: Uhoh. The people in Hungary leaving the camps, are being tear gassed and returned to the detention center. Can they do that? Can they make refugees prisoners? Oh dear.
edit on 9/4/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you :-)

Unfortunately since new laws wher passed a few hours ago it is now legal in hungry.... Im going to find the news story i read that in. I'll update asap. Thabks again angeldoll

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
still looking through the bbc news entertainment site for that new laws story i mentioned, these events are onfolding so quickly new news is getting lost within the site pretty fast.

I just came back to post this, which again is worrying as it shows how tensions are rising on both sides

The BBC's Ben Brown at Keleti train station in Budapest reports: "In the last few minutes Hungarian right-wing extremists have thrown fire crackers into what is a makeshift refugee camp at this station. There were two loud explosions. "A lot of refugees were understandably frightened and some of the men then chased the far-right extremists, who were skinheads. "There were clashes and plastic bottles that were thrown. Riot police were called in." Our correspondent adds the group had clearly come to "goad and antagonise" the refugees

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Yes. AJAM reporting they changed the laws so Hungary now sending refugees to Serbia. Officials in Hungary made the press leave as they remove refugees from the trains.

This sounds brutal and an inappropriate solution.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The people arriving in Hungary are required by law to register their refugee status and be processed at a refugee camp before they will be helped and/or allowed to travel further. Many are refusing to register and are demanding this procedure be overlooked in their instance, I wonder why. Could it be that those refusing are doing so because they're not actually fleeing war, but are economic migrants who will be found out upon registration and then refused refugee status?

Those protesting in Hungary seem to be under the false impression that they can just walk into any European nation they choose in their hundreds and thousands undocumented and unregistered. No EU nation will take in hundreds of thousands of refugees without them registering first, none, so those protesting need to accept this is the law and is how we do things whether they like it or not.

I have to say that I had a lot of sympathy for those fleeing war and are desperate, but I was a bit disgusted after seeing them protesting and making unreasonable demands which go against our laws and normal procedures the second they set foot in Europe. I expected to see them expressing their relief at having escaped the dangers of war and their families finally safe, but no, all I saw were ungrateful protesting and throwing food and drink back in the faces of those kind enough to offer it just because they are required to register for refugee status.

I would imagine the registration procedure for refugees in Europe is to distinguish between actual real refugees needing help, and those who just want to live in a better country and skip the hassle of applying legally, and therefore they will be refused. Maybe this is why they're unhappy about registering? I can't think of another reason why they would be so against it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Is it possible to watch the ajam by steaming it to vlc player? My computer is old, slow and unable to handle watching videos on websites. I can watch it on my phone but would be better on yhe bigger screen

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
still looking through the bbc news entertainment site for that new laws story i mentioned, these events are onfolding so quickly new news is getting lost within the site pretty fast.

I just came back to post this, which again is worrying as it shows how tensions are rising on both sides

The BBC's Ben Brown at Keleti train station in Budapest reports: "In the last few minutes Hungarian right-wing extremists have thrown fire crackers into what is a makeshift refugee camp at this station. There were two loud explosions. "A lot of refugees were understandably frightened and some of the men then chased the far-right extremists, who were skinheads. "There were clashes and plastic bottles that were thrown. Riot police were called in." Our correspondent adds the group had clearly come to "goad and antagonise" the refugees

Dear God, those poor people must wonder where the Hell they've come to.

They need to get themselves registered, and the sooner the better so they can get out of there and get their families settled.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Because I didn't know anything about Serbia:

Serbia is a member of the UN, CoE, OSCE, PfP, BSEC, and CEFTA. It is also an official candidate for membership in the European Union,[10] which is negotiating its EU accession,[11][12] acceding country to the WTO[13] and is a militarily neutral state. Serbia is an upper-middle income economy[8] with dominant service sector, followed by the industrial sector and agriculture. It has a high Human Development Index, ranked 77th in the world in 2014 and a medium-high Global Peace Index, ranked 52nd.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

Kamatty I don't know about any of that. Sorry. I'm watching it on TV. It's station is located in London, I think.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The issue may be the food is not halal.
Or that the train isn't going to Germany like they wanted.
As for the water - who knows?
Maybe they wanted beer.
Nice show of ingratitude

link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: kamatty

Yes. AJAM reporting they changed the laws so Hungary now sending refugees to Serbia. Officials in Hungary made the press leave as they remove refugees from the trains.

This sounds brutal and an inappropriate solution.

If that's true the WOW! The last place (assuming most of them are) Muslims will want to end up is in camps run by Serbs

link   
a reply to: doobydoll

thank you sir for your spot on summation of whats going on. Many of these people are not the least bit thankful to be in a safe place where their needs are being met, which doesnt square with my idea of wartorn refugees. I would be kissing the ground of any country willing to shelter me from bombs and bullets. Instead what SOME of these people are doing appears to be spiteful and contemptuous.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

On the other hand many in these European countries don't want any more immigrants.
Is it doing them any favors for them to only discover that once they've settled in?
The governments don't care what the majority of their own populations want.
They're beholden to the EU who dictates everything from Brussels.
I have a feeling the EU will dissolve quickly if they continue to allow unlimited immigration.
Not only with the EU go but far right wing parties will resurge with a vengeance.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Serbia is willing to receive a number of refugees permanently, Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic announced on Tuesday, a media report said.

Serbian portal Blic quoted Vucic as saying his country was more European than others, as they do not build fences, alluding to the wire fence erected by the Hungarian government on the border with Serbia.

He did not specify the exact figure of the refugees his eastern European country was willing to accommodate.

Vucic also criticised the slowness with which Europe is facing the refugee crisis without adopting a strategy to deal with this problem.

He said that although Serbia is not yet a member of the European Union it aims to become one, and they are ready to assume their share of responsibility.

Since early this year, Serbian authorities have recorded more than 90,000 people, mostly refugees that have been in and out of Serbia. Most are citizens of Syria and Afghanistan fleeing armed conflicts in their countries and seeking to obtain asylum in western EU countries.

Only 500 of them have sought asylum in Serbia, which in turn has approved only 15 percent of applicants.

bdnews24.com...

Sounds like Serbia might be a good thing for them, or at least has potential, despite the country's rather dubious motivation.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll Merkel is now even calling for a solution.

trains? camps? armed guards? reminding me of a certain 'final' solution, so far. maybe similar concerns are shared by the refugees/immigrants...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: angeldoll Merkel is now even calling for a solution.

trains? camps? armed guards? reminding me of a certain 'final' solution, so far. maybe similar concerns are shared by the refugees/immigrants...

Yes. It seems hauntingly familiar.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't see any information about what will happen when the 1000 humans walking 100 miles to the Austrian boarder arrive. They are still unregistered so will hungry just let them though? Police there are warning those 1000 walking down the motorway to wear bright colored tops as cars won't see them in the dark of night... Im not usually cynical but yhis just seemed like an invitation to the hungarian far right to "accidently " run a few over. (thats just my opinion based on the way i read the report and is in noway a fact)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The opposite of law and order is chaos. I see alot of people arguing in favor of chaos. Mischaracterizing or demonizing law and order as something from ww2 is intellectually dishonest and eggregiously inflammatory

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join