It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese propaganda video shows them destroying the US military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The justification was the 500,000-1,000,000 Allied casualties.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome Personally I'm not one to back down from a fight I say bring it.

Link to video:

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

calm down keyboard warrior; when you witness the true terror that war brings lets see how eager you are to "Bring it"

Cue reply

“I have actually been in every middle east country fighting, I know the terrors…la la la “

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I dont know what to say, was listening to meditation/mantra music as I watched the first video. Talk about a balance....

If China thinks that USA blew them up with the 3 explosions of late, they have every right to create strategies for retaliation, we would and any other country as well.

I find all of this Auspicious with the off shore Alaskan sightings of late coinciding with American September Preparedness and awareness month.

Makes me want to shop...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: felixjames20

Yeah the "Bring it" post was concerning, obviously nothing to lose like your children, family and loved ones...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: felixjames20

Yeah the "Bring it" post was concerning, obviously nothing to lose like your children, family and loved ones...

I know right, the guy is an epic tool

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The justification was the 500,000-1,000,000 Allied casualties.

The amount of civilian casualties and suicides would have been very ugly too.
Approximately half of the 25,000 civilians on the island of Saipan committed suicide when we defeated the Japanese defenders there.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

To play devils advocate here that was small fry in the grand scheme of a war were carpet bombing citys was standard operating procedure.

One nuke or dropping ten thousand incendiary bombs? A bombed city was a bombed city and normal warfare for the time period.

I'm not seeing it as justification when there were other methods available - such as the suggestion you made of blockading the islands.

Sorry, but in my personal view the use of nuclear weapons was a step too far. Yes, the Japanese needed to be stopped, no argument from me there, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

I should note that I have had this conversation with my now deceased grandfather who was a member of the Australian Signals group that decoded the Tora Tora Tora message. He was adamant that the use of the nukes was not needed, that other methods were available that could have done the job without having to ignite two suns and melt 260,000 innocent civilians.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not to mention that every combat capable Japanese male would have been highly likely to have become a casualty as well.

edit on 4-9-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: butcherguy

No idea why the US navy Royal navy and Australian navy could not of just blockaded the island and air.

Soon as the Islands ran out of food they would of had to surrender anyway.

There are plenty of documented cases of the Japanese eating prisoners and even their own comrades rather than starve to death.... instead of surrendering.
I know there are plenty of would have/should have, but what happened is history and we do have the benefit of knowing what the Japanese military and civilians did do when faced with defeat on numerous islands in the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Your grandfather's personal opinion on wartime strategy was irrelevant to the planning of Operations Olympic and Downfall.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Your grandfather's personal opinion on wartime strategy was irrelevant to the planning of Operations Olympic and Downfall.

I'm not saying his opinion is the be-all and end-all of what should have taken place - but you have to agree he was in a better position than you or I to make an informed opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

None of us was in any position as none of us were privy to the Pacific Campaign's overall strategy. It is just a very low-level appeal to authority on your part.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

None of us was in any position as none of us were privy to the Pacific Campaign's overall strategy. It is just a very low-level appeal to authority on your part.

I'm sorry, were you there? You are making it sound like you were there.

FYI my grandfather, in his position, was privy to more information than the average soldier.

And again, I am not saying that his opinion should be final - I am just saying he had access to classified information and that as a result of what he knew he confidently stated that their were other methods that could have been employed without using nuclear weapons.

One could say that the Afghan and Iraqi and Vietnam wars could have been won by dropping nukes on them and sparing soldiers lives - why is it again that we didn't nuke them?????

edit on 4/9/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Pepe Escobars latest on the parade in China and a take away on the weapons that were displayed is pure gold . "Say hello to China’s new toys: Escobar" "China’s “say hello to my new toys” show had plenty of co-stars. The DF-5B – an ICBM designed to carry nuclear warheads. The DF-26 intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM), a.k.a. the Guam Killer, as in capable of wreaking havoc over the notorious U.S. Pacific Ocean base. The HQ-9, China’s third generation surface-to-air missile system. Lots of cool drones. Here’s a (partial) rundown of the greatest hits, and a few misses such as the J-31, China’s fight generation stealth fighter."

Pepe brings up a lot of good points like this one "And then there were those rows and rows of impeccably groomed soldiers saluting Xi with “Follow the Party! Fight to win! Forge exemplary conduct!” What sort of exemplary conduct will apply to 300.000 of their colleagues — soon to be demobilized as Xi revamps the PLA — is open to speculation."

Not being short of the history Pepe includes " The People’s Daily was not off the mark when it stressed the parade, “will give Chinese people the opportunity to reacquaint themselves with the invaluable lessons that history teaches and serve as a tremendous fillip to the confidence of 1.3 billion people in looking at the country’s future.”

That was a quite Chinese way to imply that what happened decades ago, as part of the “century of humiliation,” when China was weak and divided, won’t happen again. And those gleaming toys exist for that purpose.

Even more crucial is what Xi said: “That war inflicted over 100 million military and civilian casualties. China suffered over 35 million casualties and the Soviet Union lost over 27 million lives. War is like a mirror. Looking at it helps us better understand the value of peace.” " well worth the read .. atimes.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
I'm sorry, were you there? You are making it sound like you were there.

Sorry for your reading comprehension fail but when I said 'none of us' that included me as well.

FYI my grandfather, in his position, was privy to more information than the average soldier.

Oh, good for him. Did he manage to get himself onto the Supreme Allied Command staff and access to all the reports and forecasts? If not, his opinion is still irrelevant.

One could say that the Afghan and Iraqi and Vietnam wars could have been won by dropping nukes on them and sparing soldiers lives - why is it again that we didn't nuke them?????

Are you that obtuse to not have noticed that warfare tactics have changed a bit since World War II?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sorry for your reading comprehension fail

Are you that obtuse

OK, I'm out. All intelligent conversation has gone out the window now that the insults have started flying.

Poor form

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I know this was not directed at me, but id like to give you my thoughts, the other wars we were involved in we did not have the same definition of winning.
edit on 4-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its clear why the Chinese are doing this. Their economy is going down the drain. Civil unrest is possible. Arent these videos similar to the North Korean ones. These are for internal consumption. Keeps peoples moral high and stop a revolution. They are going down the path of North Korea.
edit on 4/9/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

OK, I'm out. All intelligent conversation has gone out the window now that the insults have started flying
:

Pointing out that people are being obtuse is not an insult, it is an observation. Learn the difference.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sorry for your reading comprehension fail

Are you that obtuse

OK, I'm out. All intelligent conversation has gone out the window now that the insults have started flying.

Poor form

You are acting like a child, and you don't like facts nor do you want a real conversation. You just want to hate the west first and generally America, I really don't like your posts because in my eyes you are completely biased and have little substance to add, your hate America first non sense is old, we nuked them to avoid mass causalities on both sides, our wars have changed since and our definitions of winning, which btw you still think of war like the ww2 days, so I'm sure you say we 'lost' all the recent wars. Anyway carry on

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join