It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Found in Contempt of Court - Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I would imagine the answer to your questions will (unfortunately) be yes and yes.

On the bright side, her time and pay will eventually come to a halt.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

She's done nothing except become another martyr for the persecution-complex of the Christian Right. Hopefully they will put someone in the position that will actually do their job.

Ease up on the Rhetoric........Most of us agree she should be jailed

Actually most of the Christian right, at least everyone that I know, which is alot, pretty much think shes an idiot

if you dont agree with the court ruling, and as a christian you cant do that, then remove yourself from the job that now REQUIRES you to do it......

Thats what MOST of us believe........

Thanks for the tone though

Top notch
edit on 9/3/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
by what I read, she's confined to jail till she complies....
am wondering if that means that the marriage licenses will still not be done till she complies, or is removed from office. ya know, january is a ways off and to inconvenience so many people for that long would be rediculous.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I must say that I'm impressed with the responses here. Christians and non-Christians alike are both correctly recognizing and agreeing with the judge's decision here. Kudos ATS!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
But God doesn't want her to go to Jail.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here is thought, IF she doesn't want to do the paper work because it offends her religious belief system, get in the next line. If muslims can get away from not handling pork or serving alcohol because it offends their religions views... well whats good for the goose is good for gander. Either all churches and religions get the same exemptions or they all get none. Simple right???

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And her track record of marriage isn't all that great.

About time this happened, now people can go about living their lives how they want.*

*Some restrictions apply. See your state representative for details. Always consult your local law enforcement agency for further information. You may still be jailed for some petty bull# in the land of the Free**.

** See: *

link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Outstanding! The country needs to start pushing back against these religulous nutters attempting to implement their desire for theocracy.

Glad she was given jail time for exactly the same reason the judge cited.

"Our system of justice requires citizens - and significantly, elected officials - to follow the rules of the courts," Judge Bunning says.

www.wcpo.com...

K~

Curious if you feel the same way about when liberals decide they don't want to enforce laws they don't agree with like deporting illegal immigrants. Sanctuary cities? I don't agree with this religious nut, but I'd like to see some consistency...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: butcherguy
I was wondering why someone didn't take this route to take care of the problem.

They did. It just takes time for all the appeals to go through, etc. The justice system worked, it just took time, as these things do.

Yay.
I say fine the heck out of her hypocritical ASS also... after everything is said and done. Even if it is other people's money coming in... if they support her.... TAKE THEIR MONEY TOO!!!

I couldn't agree more!

He should fine her something like 100K per infraction, for both past denials as well as any she might deny in the future.

Then I'd give half of those fines to the people who had their rights violated by her. That way, her supporters would be giving half their money to the very people they detest.

I'd just bet her cash donors would almost disappear overnight.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's a shame that it had to come to this.

As an elected official, she's a public servant of everyone.

Not just people she agrees with.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
From another article...

Davis, who claims that she is acting “under God’s authority,” refuses to issue marriage licenses due to her opposition to marriage equality.

Davis says that she is “prepared to go to jail” in order to maintain her stand against the Constitution, and that she believes that she is “a vessel God has chosen for this time and this place.” She also claims that “this is a heaven or hell issue for me and for every other Christian that believes,”

And then there's this to top it off...

As Bunning conducted the hearing, the sidewalk outside of the courthouse filled with protesters on both sides of the issue. Davis’s opponents chanted that she’s “got to go,” while her supporters screamed “repent” and “homo love is hate.”

Link
Can you feel the love?

edit on 9/3/2015 by Klassified because: add link

edit on 9/3/2015 by Klassified because: formatting! Why the hell does it do that?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

What are you talking about? First, there is likely only ONE county clerk in that county, so there is no "other line" for someone to get into. Second, she is an elected official, NOT an employee of some business or company. She was elected to do a job, if she can't do it, then she needs to step down. Third, your point about Muslims getting away with not handling pork or serving alcohol is a red herring since that is between the company the Muslim works for and the Muslim himself and NOT the government.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
by what I read, she's confined to jail till she complies....
am wondering if that means that the marriage licenses will still not be done till she complies, or is removed from office. ya know, january is a ways off and to inconvenience so many people for that long would be rediculous.

It is worth noting, however, that the county’s judge executive may issue marriage licenses “in the absence of the county clerk, or during a vacancy in the office.” So if Davis is absent from her position because she has been jailed, couples in her county will once again be able to obtain marriage licenses.

Link

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

If muslims can get away from not handling pork or serving alcohol because it offends their religions views... well whats good for the goose is good for gander.

Where did that happen? All the stories I have heard about that were either bogus or taken out of context.
Like the kid at costco that tried that and go put on cart duty.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Oh I have no problem deporting illegals.
I do also believe that those that hire them should be jailed & those that push for more H1-B Visas should be removed from office.

Not that that has any thing to do with these ignorant religious retards that are becoming a major nuisance for the Nation.

I especially enjoy the fact that this fanatic is this same personality type that would scream & rant about Sharia Law & then ignorantly attempt to implement their own brand of religious nonsense.

Oh & do I need to tell you what to do with your "consistency"?

K~

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yea, I see people like to bring that claim up, but they rarely ever provide a source for when it happens. And again, the entire debate is an issue between employee and employer. If the employer is ok with catering to a Muslim in that regard, then so be it. It's the employer's company the employer can run it however he wants to. So even IF they were to provide a source, their example is irrelevant.

This is like those times where an employer fires someone for saying something politically incorrect and then someone whines that that person's free speech has been violated. People really need to learn the difference between company policy and government policy.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well I suppose most people that were screaming about it on Facebook got what they wanted in the end, in a way I am kind of glad they pushed her aside so that someone else may be able to do their job. Not only that but I'm sure this will shake the foundation of those who try to do the same thing and state religious or personal beliefs as a reasoning for not wanting to do this.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well, there is at least one under, her son, but I got a feeling that this might have been proposed to her and she refused it since her name would still be on the marriage license.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't understand why she didn't just step down from her position when her "born again" Christian ethics clashed with her job duties.

It's not my employer's responsibility to bend over backwards to accommodate my job if the nature of the company's business changes.

She'll get book deals, media appearances, speaking engagements ... this woman won't have to work another day in her life.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yea ok. I think you may be right. I know that the issue isn't as simple as being able to say "just go to the next guy" or something like that though. Otherwise this wouldn't have become a national event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join