It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the story of groom mine continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So maybe a few of you know, there is a mine, overlooking area 51, called the groom mine. owned by the same family for over 130 years.
And air force seems to not like that too much and they have been trying to buy off the mine from the family for quite a while.
Now that family has broken it's silence and talks about full blown harassment they are victims of:

Joe Sheahan, 54, broke a 60-year silence last week about his family’s very real tale of the trials and tribulations that come alongside being located next to Area 51, which has perhaps been the subject of more urban legends and conspiracy theories than any other place in the United States. But the only thing creepy to the Sheahan family is the number of problems associated with having the nation’s most secretive base in their back yard. The most recent chapter in their story is an offer of $5.2 million from the Air Force that runs the secret base. The Sheahans said on Monday that they refused, prompting the Air Force to threaten to use eminent domain to seize the property on September 10 if the family doesn’t accept the offer, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The Henderson, Nevada-based family says that their 400 acres of mining-rich land is worth considerably more.

the story

What do you guys think? we should probably keep a close eye on that family and make sure to spread this story, just in case some random "accident" happens.
And what about this September 10 deadline? any of you know if they can (legally) do such a thing?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

My advice, Take it and run before "something bad" happens.

This is one of those offers you cannot refuse.

If they are pressing "the final" offer now after all this time there is a reason.
edit on 3-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
Couldn't be bothered to take 5 seconds to see if someone else had already made a thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i probably made a typo when searching so this is a duplicate, please close !

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Tell the USAF, times 3 and we got a deal.

FYI: Sometimes the search function ..does well.. what it wants.."lighten up francis"

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
please direct your comments to this ongoing thread

Groom Mine Family Getting Forced Out?

new topics

top topics

join