It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song of Ice and LIAR![Spoilers]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, so to the mods, feel free to move this to where it may belong.

I have a question, it stems from knowledge that I have only just now discovered.
I was having a conversation with a friend about the resurrection of Catelyn Stark, and it got me thinking about what Catelyn had been up to shortly before her death, mainly the quest she had given to Brienne. Brienne was (as far as I was aware) hung, with Podrick, though after reading again it turns out she is still kicking.
She finds Jaime Lannister, and proceeds to inform him that she know's the whereabouts of The Hound (Which we know is dead) and that The Hound is in possession of Sansa (Who we know is, at this point, in the middle of buttpoop nowhere).

My question is: Is Brienne just horribly misinformed, or has something taken place as she was hung to swing her mind?

We read that she screamed one word as the noose tightened, though we never found out what that word was, it may have saved her life, or she may have been resurrected in the same fashion that Catelyn was (Which still leaves me slightly confused)

I am not 100% sure what I am looking for by posting this, perhaps just some speculation from other fans as to what Briennes current goal may be, as I forget she still existed.

Thankyou in advance for any insight.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Sandor Clegane isn't dead he was taken by the wandering monk to Saltpans, where he was seen in robes as the gravedigger. Sandor is just healing, he will be back. He may come back as a warriors son, but I'm thinking he is using the monks.The monk lied to Brienne because he thinks Sandor repented and wants to change- he was covering for him. Brienne is working for the outlaws because she had to to save Pod from being hanged. She is luring Jamie to Catelyn but whether she will help him once they arrive is another story. She is learning the world isn't black and white its grey. Ive read these books and listened to the audio books numerous times. The great thing about George Martin's writing is he's genius you can find things out by subtile hints in many of the chapters. It will be interesting. Ask me anything ASOIAF related Im an expert.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to: Th3D0Ct0R

Brienne was about to be hanged and shouted out one word. According to the author, she screamed out sword. This meant she would bring back Jamie to the Brotherhood without Banners and Lady Stoneheart.

The Hound is dead, so to speak. The man who used to be called the Hound died and a repentant man was born. Most likely, the man digging the graves on Quiet Isle is the former hound. I love those books!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thankyou so much, so i was mistaken to think that Sandor died after Arya left him? Forgive me if i am missing key plot points, I've only read through the series once, and eagerly awaiting The Winds of Winter. a reply to: texasyeti

edit on 3-9-2015 by Th3D0Ct0R because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Th3D0Ct0R

At this point it is all assumptions until Winds comes out. But, Sandor's horse was on Quiet Isle and Elder Brother claimed he sat with the Hound while he died. It is believed the Hound repented his sins and chose to seek repentance. I think we will see Sandor again, in Winds or Dream of Spring. Very excited for the next book.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

I would graciously ask for an outline of everything since the beginning. I've only watched hbo's version and will admit that I was a huge fan of the show until this last season. I would love to know more but the daunting task of reading an entire series that I'm already loosing interest in won't fit into my time. I am hoping that you'll be able to help bring me back into the fold as I really enjoyed it for a while. Many cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: spookysully
I would graciously ask for an outline of everything since the beginning.

You want an outline of nearly 5,000 pages of text? Is that all?

Here it is: everyone dies.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

Everything you ever needed or wanted to know about the books can be found here asoiaf.westeros.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The books and the TV series part ways in some pretty dramatic turns.

I find the books superior honestly.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Th3D0Ct0R

I am just pissed that the next book is not out already.

*mumble grumble grumble*

I loved the books and the HBO series both. The deviations from the book as yet do not bother me much.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ha ha! I knew asking that would get everyone either laughing or growling at me and with what I'm looking for, both are good starters. Thanks to everyone and I know my request was ridiculous.

As mentioned, I was a huge fan of the hbo version up until this last season. I know, as most do that any book will dominate a television version of the same story which are always geared for a less sophisticated audience or one looking for instant gratification but... The things they wasted screen time on were infuriating! The dragon girl having sex and laying around being in charge, looking pretty and "ruling" but never doing anything with her damn dragons! I mean, no discipline, no interaction what so ever and she wonders why she has no control of them... Next thing you know, end of the season and you're left wondering what the hell on every front except the damn Lanisters. They're always landing in flowers and the # seems not to stick to their feet. Boring and predictable.

I'll start reading the books sooner rather than later as I'm a reader anyway, just wanted to cheat with this one I guess.

Cheers and thanks again!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Read the Brienne chapters when shes with septon Maribald and the quiet isle. When he tells Brienne about Sandors hotse Stranger the monk tells her they attempted to geld the stallion and he bit one monks cheek off and kicked the other to death. The gravedigger grunts "chuckles" at that while hes digging. Thats Sandor. Maribald found him and healed him back to health, just like he was taken in by the monks after his ill fated soldiering hes taken in sandor and is protecting him. I think Sandor is bideing his time till he heals then he will be off again.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti
Will do and thanks for the information everyone! Always exciting just before you begin a big series like this. Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Audiobooks are really well narrated. I listen in my truck when I go to work and when Im bored at work. Its really cool to get the chapterized audio that way you can listen to each POV characters chapters continuously. I love getting lost in Westerns as long as I have a sword on me that is.......haha.

new topics

top topics

join