It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Detonates Car Bomb at Russian HQ in Dagestan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) militants drove and detonated a Suicide Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) in a Russian military base in Southern Dagestan, according to Michael Horowitz, a geopolitical and security analyst, Head of Business development for Levantine Group.

ISIS Detonates Car Bomb at Russian HQ in Dagestan

Uh-oh....Putin is not the guy you want on your bad side...this seems like it was a VERY bad idea on ISIS part and could be the beginning of the end of a lot of their actions.

I don't think Russia will stop at anything after this terrorist act....they are going to hunt ISIS down everywhere.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Dagestan is northeast of Georgia and Azerbaijan so, is it just a local upstart or has ISIS traversed that territory?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Dagestan is northeast of Georgia and Azerbaijan so, is it just a local upstart or has ISIS traversed that territory?

Not sure..they have claimed it as theirs, and I would think there would have to be at least a small faction there to build something like this...they obviously have a bomb maker in town so that would lead me to believe they have a decent sized force near the area.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

ISIS just keeps adding to the list of countries they want to attack and piss-off. I'm still surprised that all these countries who have been attacked don't form a united coalition and put an end to this evil group once and for all. Really, what are they waiting for?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) militants drove and detonated a Suicide Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) in a Russian military base in Southern Dagestan, according to Michael Horowitz, a geopolitical and security analyst, Head of Business development for Levantine Group.

I don't think Russia will stop at anything after this terrorist act....they are going to hunt ISIS down everywhere.

Certainly a new angle on things, and they certainly don't need any invitations now either.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am always keeping an eye out for any evidence of collusion between Iran and Turkey and ISIS.

That would be evidence of sympathy, solidarity and consolidation.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How long before people start yelling, 'False Flagski!', and blame it on the United States?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

ISIS just keeps adding to the list of countries they want to attack and piss-off. I'm still surprised that all these countries who have been attacked don't form a united coalition and put an end to this evil group once and for all. Really, what are they waiting for?

You think any of those guys want to break Americas toys? Not before we are done playing with them. Thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How long before people start yelling, 'False Flagski!', and blame it on the United States?

Looks like a false flag to me, must be the USA behind it to get Russia on board, or something..ramble ramble.....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ha! Nice Russian interpretation....actually snort laughed at that one....

I am sure someone will be along soon saying the US did this to get a real war started...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there are some Chechens in the ISIS ranks with a beef against Russia. No love lost between the Russians and the Chechens.
It would make sense if the IS agents in this case were Chechens.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there are some Chechens in the ISIS ranks with a beef against Russia. No love lost between the Russians and the Chechens.
It would make sense if the IS agents in this case were Chechens.

Very likely the case....guess we won't know unless they actually catch someone for this.

link   
I see that another letter has been added.
First there were IED's.
Then there were VBIED's.
Now we have SVBIED's.
We should add Moron Driven.
MDSVBIED's.

link   
ISIS is most likely emboldened by the previous failure of Russia in their fight in Afghanistan, and their in general kill all the infidels would seem to include Russia now that they are openly supporting the Syrian government. I cannot see how this does not backfire on them though, remember what happened in WWII when the Nazis opened up too many fronts....

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

IS formally known as ISIS is not a group, it is an ideology with supporters all over the world.
If some countries are going to attack the caliphate, they'd better be sure to upgrade homeland security first.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Actually I think it would be "False Flagsky" because the "ski" is more Polish while Russia uses "sky".

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am always keeping an eye out for any evidence of collusion between Iran and Turkey and ISIS.

Iran?

I know you Americans are frothing at the mouth to rain bombs on Iran, but being shiite mulsims they are mortal enemys of isis.

edit on 2-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ISIS sure ain't the brightest group of terrorist are they? This could be very bad for them if in fact ISIS is dumb enough to do something like this.

I will just leave this here...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Like a new kind of worldwide order. I like it. But what do we call it?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Iran?

I know you Americans are frothing at the mouth to rain bombs on Iran, but being shiite mulsims they are mortal enemys of isis.

It's a religious civil war, someone will eventually win.

The differences are minor and have to do with the lineage of a relative.

By all means, take the helm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join