It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian medical marijuana company has released its first cannabis pills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well if it ain't so that pharmaceutical companies want to earn a lot of money on it. But I guess it's finally on the market for consumers to buy.
And that you don't have to be a complete laboratorial genius to extract the substance to not got get high for getting the healing potion called cannabidiol.

It's called CBD and available in 10mg enteric-coated capsules, 
It's about time they gave substances from marihuana some credit.

Although I find the price a bit high, maybe health insurance will pick it up and cover this medicine ,well I think they would be stupid not to.

I really don't know if it works and if it's not some placebo crafted medicine.
But for those fighting heavy diseases It doesnt matter If It works you'll maybe survive It all.

Cannabidiol (CBD) research has exploded in recent years due to the potential health benefits offered by this active ingredient

Medical Properties of CBD Effects
Antiemetic Reduces nausea and vomiting
Anticonvulsant Suppresses seizure activity
Antipsychotic - Combats psychosis disorders
Anti-inflammatory - Combats inflammatory disorders
Anti-oxidant - Combats neurodegenerative disorders
Anti-tumoral/Anti-cancer - Combats tumor and cancer cells
Anxiolytic/Anti-depressant - Combats anxiety and depression disorders

That's what this medicine should do but I don't know for sure it will because I don't have seen any reviews from customers.

Any way just to let you know that they are taking this seriously.

CBD

Leafscience

Business Insider

edit on 0b22America/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 04:54:22 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 04:54:22 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b26America/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 04:55:26 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 04:55:26 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well good. Sadly it's unlikely that these pills will be sold in Australia anytime soon, our government has a habit of banning things for no good reason, like how they banned l-tryptophan and 5-HTP - amino acids with various medicinal properties. The big pharmaceutical companies don't like competition.

I'd like to see if this venture turns out to be successful in the long run or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Although I find the price a bit high, maybe health insurance will pick it up and cover this medicine ,well I think they would be stupid not to.
a reply to: 0bserver1

What would you expect? The pharmaceutical companies have to make more money than those selling it on the street! How expensive could it be to produce a pill out of a weed?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Well the article doesn't actually claim CBD is allowed to be prescribed in Australia, just that it's being manufactured by an Australian company for the European market.

I highly doubt it's actually legal here yet, since 'all' cannabiboids are still a schedule 9 drug in Australia, which is the same as a schedule 1 drug in the US, in that the government considers it to have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical value. Then considering we currently have a religious fanatic moron as a prime minister atm, who has a low opinion of human life in general, I very much doubt that the governments anti-cannabiboid stance is going to change anytime soon.

Anyway, I disagree that CBD is an easy substance to extract from the cannabis plant, without also extracting THC, if you don't have a good understanding of basic chemistry. Unless of course you could get your hands on the strain Charlotte's web (or strains of cannabis just like it), which is a strain that's being grown in Colorado and is high in CBD and basically contains no THC. It's saved the lives of children all over the US who suffer from devastating seizures that only CBD has been able to cure.

I'd love to (legally) be able to obtain CBD for my anxiety disorder, without the effect of THC, just to observe how effective it is on its own. But, with the current ignorance towards the cannabis plant in Australia atm, that is just a pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Maybe they get cheaper in awhile . Let's hope so . But I still would like to see some user stories how this works out for them..

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

But is it not possible for people within the US or Australia to obtain medicines from Europe, like just order online and get per mail?

edit on 0b23America/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 06:48:23 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 02 Sep 2015 06:48:23 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They are available in Australia to Australians ...... but only if you suffer from Muscle Cramps due to MS.

Now this drug would stop my cilliary muscles from cramping and get me off morphine.

But, Government says noooo. The Muscle Cramps have to be caused by MS.

Stupid Government!

P

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Just matter of time ,but you may be first hearing some reviews before using them yourself. .

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Well the article doesn't actually claim CBD is allowed to be prescribed in Australia, just that it's being manufactured by an Australian company for the European market.

I highly doubt it's actually legal here yet, since 'all' cannabiboids are still a schedule 9 drug in Australia, which is the same as a schedule 1 drug in the US, in that the government considers it to have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical value. Then considering we currently have a religious fanatic moron as a prime minister atm, who has a low opinion of human life in general, I very much doubt that the governments anti-cannabiboid stance is going to change anytime soon.

Anyway, I disagree that CBD is an easy substance to extract from the cannabis plant, without also extracting THC, if you don't have a good understanding of basic chemistry. Unless of course you could get your hands on the strain Charlotte's web (or strains of cannabis just like it), which is a strain that's being grown in Colorado and is high in CBD and basically contains no THC. It's saved the lives of children all over the US who suffer from devastating seizures that only CBD has been able to cure.

I'd love to (legally) be able to obtain CBD for my anxiety disorder, without the effect of THC, just to observe how effective it is on its own. But, with the current ignorance towards the cannabis plant in Australia atm, that is just a pipe dream.

CBD is extracted from strains that contain little to no THC.It's a remarkably easy process.
I didn't realize it was illegal in Australia.It's available on Amazon here in the UK because it has no psychoactive effects.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Yeah, high quality seeds are also available in the UK online, because they don't contain any psychoactive substances.

But in Australia it's the actual cannabis plant that's illegal, so you can be charged with possessing any part of a cannabis plant, whether it's psychoactive or not is irrelevant.

Its a completely ignorant and disgraceful stance.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah, high quality seeds are also available in the UK online, because they don't contain any psychoactive substances.

But in Australia it's the actual cannabis plant that's illegal, so you can be charged with possessing any part of a cannabis plant, whether it's psychoactive or not is irrelevant.

"Disgraceful" is a polite way to put it.Sinister and clandestine seems more apt.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In the UK you can buy Cbd oil and spay on Amazon. It doesn't get you high, but I have found it helps with my seizures, seems to have the opposite effect to thc which is the part that gets you high. Apparently it turns certain receptors off in the brain I'm no expert, It's totally legal in the UK as I said it's listed on Amazon under supplements. It's legal in most countries
edit on 6-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

"Disgraceful" is a polite way to put it.Sinister and clandestine seems more apt.

Australia has a brutal reputation of making all plants that have a psychoactive effect illegal. Even Salvia Divinororum is illegal in Australia. But the DEA have specifically claimed that they want sally d to remain legal within the United States, so that people assume that's what all drugs feel like, lol.
edit on 6-9-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh look another substitute for CBD's and THC that won't do anything at all.

Synthetic forms of this compound have never been successful. This is just a push by pharma to cover the market before legalization occurs in broader terms.

They've been trying to make useful synthetic versions for about 30 years, there's even a few still on the market in the US and Canada, but they are all virtually useless.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Didn't know that, are there any researches to back that up
?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

edit on 14/11/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Charlottes Web is now available in the UK.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Synthetic forms of this compound have never been successful. This is just a push by pharma to cover the market before legalization occurs in broader terms.

They've been trying to make useful synthetic versions for about 30 years, there's even a few still on the market in the US and Canada, but they are all virtually useless.

~Tenth

I agree, full spectrum products contain all the benefits due to their synergistic effects within the body, plus all the other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and what not... if you're looking to buy CBD you're better getting something like the capsules found at highdosecbd.com... than an isolate... just my 2 cents

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As Tim Minchin once said: ''You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? - Medicine.''

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's not like Marinol.
Reading the article it appears to be extracted from the hemp plant and isn't a synthetic.
I however find it concerning they are elusive as to the methods and sources used. I would hope either EU or American hemp.

new topics

top topics

join