It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC forum suspended

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

What about a moment of silence for every killing? What about all the innocent children that die needlessly every day all over the world at the hands of madmen that claim to be fighting for truth and justice and democracy and freedom?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
at the end of the day once the black community and the white community and the rest of the minority community's work out that, hey maybe we are all being targeted collectively, and the media cant keep it seperated anymore the S is going to HTF in a tsunami size wave.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Although I appreciate your thoughts and intent to try softening the rhetoric here on ATS, I feel that it is an effort in futility in that there are just so many other forums where this same, if not even more venomous rhetoric is being constantly spewed faster than lava out of Mt. Saint Helen's cauldron. Although I do enjoy ATS like so many others, we are just a minute portion compared to the numbers that frequent other sites that spew the same vile rhetoric.

The truth is that LEO misconduct is just a small but visible product of a civil society that is in a state of ever rapidly increasing decline and the problem is not limited to here in the United States. It is a global problem that is unstoppable at this point and a short pause here on ATS will have no effect over the entirety of this situation. There are just too many other sites that give opportunity for 10X, 100X more of the same venomous spew you are trying to limit with a short suspension. Your attempt is admirable, but futile overall.

Rumor has it that George Soros is behind BLM just as he is behind the chaos in Ukraine and other foreign nations. Why? To control the masses? Order Out Of Chaos?

I could go on with this diatribe but what is the point at this late stage?

I don't think there will be a presidential election in 2016.

As I stated, I appreciate the sentiment intended but it's futile. The Constitution is dead. The die is cast and this will continue into complete societal collapse and militarization of our society. That's the plan.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Rumor has it that George Soros is behind BLM just as he is behind the chaos in Ukraine and other foreign nations. Why? To control the masses? Order Out Of Chaos?

It's not a rumor, it's a blatant Fox news lie. It's propaganda being used for social engineering. It's Bill O'Reilly being Bill O'Reilly.

In the same broadcast where this lie was born, O'Reilly also threatened to target any member of the media who disagreed with him. This is coming from a man who chanted "Tiller, the baby killer" until one of his deranged viewers murdered the man.

Puts the entire concept in perspective really.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The dissent all over is getting out of control. Thank you for trying to squelch it a bit. People just need to calm down and give the Police a break. They work tirelessly with less support each day to protect and serve us, no matter their jurisdiction. Police the world over are necessary in free societies and they don't get enough respect.

Personally, whenever I need to speak to an Officer I don't question His authority or motives. I know He is just doing His job and as a member of society it's my duty to comply with the Law even if I feel it may be unjust. My role in this world is not to make the Rules, just to abide by them as we all should. I know if it weren't for the Police and Government, we wouldn't be free and I shudder to think how bad things would be if people were left unattended.

I don't care where you come from, we all need Laws to keep us in line and Police to enforce them. Otherwise we would be living like one of those untouched tribes in the Amazon. Can you imagine? I don't know how they haven't killed themselves off!

My deepest thanks go to the Police for all They do and sacrifice in the name of Freedom.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Charlie! Heff! Chill.. for once a cop did no wrong.. hell I gave a woman a ticket at 1:30 am for being a fat and bitchy! Bitch. believe me she had it coming! Heff I know fox lies.. Charlie.. stop! The whole reason for the owners had to step in was because .. ( wait for it's) Yep! ATS has more class than Reddit or GLP OR before it's bull#!t news...

This was supposed to be a moment of silence....

Check out the politics. ATS is classier

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Anything to give pause and reflect on other's plights is salve for the soul. Kudos to those that recognize the problem, and bring attention to the concerned. Thought this was relevant to the subject matter:
thebrigade.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
While I agree to everything else in your post, you're also lying when you say that O'reilly started the rumor.
Your source even mentions that it was already all over social media way before dumbass O'reilly picked it up on the 28th of July. Here is a link that discusses it all the way back in January.

Not sure if that was an intentional misleading or if you just failed to look passed your bias.

ETA- I think it was a touching way to get some people to realize that some of the people behind the badge do it for their community and I give ATS kudos for that.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I would say while you still call the police a police FORCE rather than a police SERVICE problems will persist within law enforcement Militarisation will continue, but that's for another time and place. Not today. I think we all appreciate our police service, they do a dangerous job and we all rely on their service.
edit on 2-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A truly sad situation indeed, the moment of silence is appropriate.

I would like to add my thoughts regarding this and future inevitable unfortunate events that will occur. There is an issue within law enforcement and over-aggressiveness that has been either A. always there, just less reported, or B. in a significant rise in recent times. There is where the ultimate issue is. Until the police mentality of having each others back regardless the situation changes, there will be no changes.

If you work with someone who you know steals from the register and say nothing, you will be punished for it as well. That mentality applies for all of society EXCEPT the police. Now they are unfortunately seeing the result of the "boys in blue" mentality, and the ones that said and did nothing about wrong-doings and misconduct of others are inevitably lumped into the same category with them.

RIP good sir, my condolences to those affected by this tragedy.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

But the hate for law enforcement sometimes got out of hand. Hate is not the answer. It never is. So this is hopefully a time to think about that.

I agree. The content within the forum was promoting hatred towards a handful of bad apples.

The real question of 'Why is this sort of news story being pushed in our faces?" (Answer = to divide, conquer and control the public) - was never properly addressed.

It's the job of this forum to show how the media manipulates us, to deny ignorance, and to be certain the PC forum was not denying ignorance, it was promoting hatred.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

So by showing videos of actual police misconduct and violence somehow is promoting hatred for police?

I mean legitimate videos, of blatant criminal activities by police who at the most received a paid vacation, filmed by random people with phones or other devices showing the unedited unadulterated misconduct/criminal activities is media manipulation?

That is just plain stupid officer barbrady.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You are missing what I'm saying.

We have to ask WHY these videos are being shown. What comments are they inspiring? What EMOTIONS are they inspiring in the public?

The videos are indeed legitimate - but they are not a legitimate representation of the police force - yet they are treated like they are. They are treated like a legitimate representation of the whole police force.

I believe the media is indeed pushing these videos at the public more than necessary, for a multitude of reasons.

You only have to read some of the comments, which in turn inspire more comments, to see what these videos are influencing. Hatred.

Just the same as 15 years ago - we had pictures of generic Muslims pushed down our throats. Now in the average Westerner's eyes all Muslims are terrorists who hate women. (Obviously an extreme summisation to make my point).

It's how the media work. Once you start to see this you can predict what comes next.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

You are missing what I'm saying.

We have to ask WHY these videos are being shown.

Because plain and simple it is a forum to show illegal activities committed by those sworn to protect and uphold the law.

If you can't understand that, well I don't know what to say.

You only have to read some of the comments, which in turn inspire more comments, to see what these videos are influencing. Hatred.

How about addressing the issue that these videos exist? Get rid of the ones that create these types of incidents for starters. But that would break the thin blue line, wouldn't it officer barbrady.
edit on 2-9-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So much squabbling....
Taking a moment of reflection was really not that hard a premise to follow......

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Nothing wrong with taking a moment, but just a moment. Let's not let moments forget real life issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I respect your opinion.

My opinion is that the videos are not discussed constructively but emotionally.

Indeed the one of the points of the forum is for what you say. That in itself is the problem. Highlighting these illegal activities, in what I believe is an 'out of proportion manner' skews the problem.

You are correct, we need to get rid of the bad apples but not make such an issue to create an unnecessary moral panic about something.

That's the key phrase here: MORAL PANIC.

As I say though, I respect your opinion. I believe it has been influenced by what you see, and what you see has been controlled, but nevertheless I respect it, Vector99.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It's back up you can be sure to " Let's not let moments forget real life issues" back in the forum. whatever that means

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Respectful response, thanks. I've seen a lot by the way, not just the negative, and I'm always logical when it comes to many of such videos. I don't comment it much, but many of the videos are bunk setups to entice officers to react.

The discussion should be the ones that aren't, it literally could save lives.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I only meant the topic is a day old, but still being discussed. How long should a moment last?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join