It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out "Empyrion: Galactic Survival" if you like space games, building games, survival games...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This game could be considered a cross between Minecraft, No-Man's-Sky, Space Engineers, to name a few.

The vehicles and buildings are block-based, but everything else (planets, moons, etc.) are voxel-based. Meaning smooth, non-blocky textures.

Currently the game is in pre-alpha and available on Steam Early access:

empyriongame.com...

At the moment there are three planets plus a moon all to mine and explore, as well as an asteroid field. You'll also find many crashed alien ships, bases, etc. Eventually, everything will be procedurally-generated in an entire galaxy. Some of that will be coming in the next few patches.

There's also "Creative Mode" so that you can build anything your heart desires with no limitations. Then there's "Survival Mode", which is self-explanatory.

Presently it's only single player, or limited multiplayer via direct-connecting to someone's IP address. In the future, it will be fully multiplayer.

You start out on a planet with an escape pod and limited supplies. Your goal is to build a base so that you can build a small ship to be able to leave the planet and explore the other bodies in the solar system. And eventually build a capital ship and explore other star systems.

All while managing your oxygen supply, food, and energy.

It's a very fun and addicting game. Makes time FLYYYY because sometimes you're so engrossed in the content.

While the game is still in pre-alpha and the content is limited (with a bug or glitch here or there), it's still very playable with plenty to do while the game continues to get updated.

I backed the game on Kickstarter and have been playing it since the beginning, and may even stream it on Twitch soon. So if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask away.

edit on 1-9-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Coooool!

I'll have to check this out when I get a chance!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
nice!
so is this a mmo game?
what about coop?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

Thanks for asking. I forgot to add that part to the OP (which I now have done).

It's single player with limited multiplayer via direct-connecting to someone's IP address. In the future, it will be full multiplayer, meaning co-op or PVP.

There's no distinction in this game between PVP and PVE, so it will be like most other survival games (H1Z1, DayZ, etc.) where people choose to either cooperate or kill each other.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Very promising. I've had a lot of bad experiences with early access games, though. I wait for final releases and reviews these days.

Still... if it lives up to its potential, it could be a game to finally scratch a itch I've had for a long, long time. I'll keep my eye on it for certain. Thanks!

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It's definitely time to fix my desktop! Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

sweet, thanks Bonez! sounds like a blast actually... will get it first thing in the morning.. cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
looks interesting!
have you seen this one?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My oldest kid is obsessed with two things: space and minecraft. This might be more awesome than he can handle.

Of course.... I'll have to play it first to make sure it's kid friendly. Is there realistic violence? Bad language?

Thanks for sharing this!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
End game boring?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

There is no end game since everything will be procedurally-generated. Most survival games have no end game.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
a reply to: Lysergic

There is no end game since everything will be procedurally-generated. Most survival games have no end game.

By end game I mean once you get maxed out and feel like a total bad ass, how is the game at that level? Does it still hold the enjoyment that was attained on the journey?

In ARK it's end game is basically being able to do high end raids on other players with all sorts of dinos and even summon bosses.

You said eventually multiplayer so guessing PVP can become the ultimate end game?

I just hope it doesn't crap out like StarForge did... The Dangers of EA.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is it on PS4? -- I'm not part of the PC master race.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Q: On which platforms will Empyrion be released? (PC, MAC, Linux, Etc.)?

A: In the beginning, we are focusing on releasing the game on Windows PC (at least the first builds) and the dedicated servers for Linux. Given that we develop on Unity 3d – a cross-platform game creation system which allows to publish to over 10 platforms (Mac, Linux, PlayStation, Xbox etc.) – we will try our best to make Empyrion available on a maximum number of platforms over time.

empyriongame.com...

If it for some reason doesn't make it to console, No Man's Sky is going to be on PS4 and PC and is sorta similar I believe...

This game imo, has a more realistic look to the graphics, I may give it a whirl.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just got this game last weekend and I've been addicted since.

There was a new update yesterday, Oct. 1, adding in an NPC alien race that defends their towers now on top of the drones and turrets. It messes up save games though so I haven't run into them yet til I re-up my new player.

new topics

top topics

join