It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Trump has broken the mold.' - Jon Rappoport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Donald Trump phenomenon: hidden meanings

Trump is unpredictable. He’s the only unpredictable presidential candidate in recent memory. That’s a major plus, because the press can’t do anything with him. They attack him on point A, and he responds with his own attack, or he replies with a non-sequitur, or he just changes the subject because he’s bored with the reporters.

He’s mentioning taboo subjects. Bring back tariffs on US imports. Get rid of inner city gangs.
He says something culturally and politically incorrect, and the press jackals go after him with flashing teeth and claws, fully expecting a take-down, demanding a grovel—and he shrugs—and his approval ratings go up.
Link to article

It's kind of neat for me to see someone of Rappoport's intellect, knowledge, and stature sort of having the same view that I expressed in the following thread:

Is Donald Trump the embodiment of a "Hail Mary pass"?

I think Trump is basically Obama 2.0. An apparent upgrade over the same idea which is that Obama was the first "Hail Mary pass" (on the 'liberal' side) but he largely failed, right? Is Trump the "Hail Mary pass" on the 'conservative' side? It may be a product of cognitive dissonance, people may be thinking that Obama failed as a "Hail Mary pass" because he's 'liberal' so a 'conservative' "Hail Mary pass" may succeed. I think most here would see that for the delusional thinking it is.

Let's do the kind of superficial analysis that a typical voter might do:

Trump is not a career politician, Obama was. Advantage Trump.

Obama hadn't accomplished much in his life outside of politics, Trump is a hugely successful businessman. Advantage Trump.

Trump is white. Advantage Trump.

Trump is promising 'conservative' things while Obama was promising 'liberal' things. Advantage Trump.

You could probably keep that going for a while and in my opinion you're left with:

Trump is Obama 2.0, an apparent upgrade. One thing people forget about Obama is that when he first got into office he did try to do some of the things he promised but his unilateral attempts to keep his promises failed:

The Obama Puppet The World's Least Powerful Man by Paul Craig Roberts
www.rense.com...

It didn't take the Israel Lobby very long to bring President Obama to heel regarding his prohibition against further illegal Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian land. Obama discovered that a mere American president is powerless when confronted by the Israel Lobby and that the United States simply is not allowed a Middle East policy separate from Israel's.

Obama also found out that he cannot change anything else either, if he ever intended to do so. The military/security lobby has war and a domestic police state on its agenda, and a mere American president can't do anything about it.

President Obama can order the Guantanamo torture chamber closed and kidnapping and rendition and torture to be halted, but no one carries out the order.

Essentially, Obama is irrelevant.

That's why I'm not concerned about Trump's outrageous talk, just like Obama, the president can't do much alone as far as I can see.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

He is mold, mildew, scrum and scum, I wouldn't trust anything that moron spews out of his dumb mouth. He should just plotz.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Just.. Why?

Not trying to derail your thread but that comment is unnecessary.

As for your OP, I like Trump for not being a PC puppet like all the rest of the other candidates.

But he is too used to getting his way.

That's not how the executive branch should operate.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

He is mold, mildew, scrum and scum, I wouldn't trust anything that moron spews out of his dumb mouth. He should just plotz.

Agreed. Obama is all that and more.

But what about Trump?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Just.. Why?

Not trying to derail your thread but that comment is unnecessary.

Why would you take that out of context? This is what I wrote:

Let's do the kind of superficial analysis that a typical voter might do:

Trump is not a career politician, Obama was. Advantage Trump.

Obama hadn't accomplished much in his life outside of politics, Trump is a hugely successful businessman. Advantage Trump.

That's not me. I'm trying to present the 'thought process' (for lack of a better term) of a typical voter in the US. I think that's a significant point. I think that a large percentage of the US population would 'think' that way.

You claim it's "unnecessary"? There's a lot of truth that I wish was unnecessary but our opinions change nothing. We often have to face things we don't like. I don't like it either but who's to say it's unnecessary to consider if it's true?

edit on 1-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In past times the American people would never stand for big business in the white house. Obviously, any loyalty to the people would be overshadowed by corporate greed. Elected reps are chosen to protect the people from big business. In my day, they weren't even allowed to go back and forth (called the Revolving Door) or lobby the politicians the way they do today.

During Bush's terms, Cheney at least was sort of behind the scenes, now Trump is right out front business, through and through. I don't hear him mention the people much, do you?

In my day politicians were scolded if they even got close to the 'Revolving Door' (bouncing between business and political office).

Now we're going to elect one of the Oligarchs directly, whoopie.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That's not me. I'm trying to present the 'thought process' (for lack of a better term) of a typical voter in the US. I think that's a significant point. I think that a large percentage of the US population would 'think' that way.

As an atypical voter I can't comment on that.

I only meant that you could have left that point out and still had a good OP. A candidates race shouldn't even factor into the thought process.

Unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Trump is a heretic to the globalists. Tariffs and protectionism are blasphemy.
He also spoke blasphemy on vaccines.

Time will tell if there is any substance to this. If Trump is going to piss off the Globalists and p-Harm-a, he better have good security. The FBI and NSA will be all over him.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
the only thing i like about trump, and i guess most people do, is his brutal honesty.
none of that PC nonsense that makes politicians all look the same, with their carefully crafted speeches and their pre written apologies.
But it just takes more than that to be a good president.
i like his attitude but when it comes to politics, it sounds like he's all bark and no bite.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Soul power, eh? Not a very spiritual post....LOL.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

You are talking about Obama, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

When we tall about him being a successful business men I think it is important to talk about how he screwed people the whole way with bankrupcies all while having his dad's money to fall back on. Makes things a little easier.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Soul power, eh? Not a very spiritual post....LOL.

He definitely has some serious spiritual disgust towards Obama!
edit on 1-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes, Obama is all of those things you so eloquently speak about.

Learn to deal with Trump. You'll enjoy it as much as we have the one we've had to endure these past 7 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

With his daddy's money to fall back on, he can do some more serious screwing without regards to donor classes and lobbyists....we don't need no nice guy, we need one to rattle some cages.

Can't be worse than Obama, you saw what soulpower said about him.....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Well soul was talking about Trump, unless we want to misinterpret what is being said.

That can be easily done some times.

People saying that he will screw the lobbyist over, I don't see how as that being the case as he is a self admitted lobbyist and has said that he could be bought.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well....ole' soul didn't make it very clear, and when clarity is lacking, the meanings are very subject to the interpretation.
The last discussion prior to Soul's post WAS about Obama....

This was a silly example, but we already fiercely debated more serious examples in other threads.
Words mean things, but the lack of words may also have meaning.

So, are you sure he was talking about Trump? or Obama?

Just saying....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Trump Trump Trump!

I'm so sick of everyone thinking that some corrupt politician is going to fix this giant mess that we are in.
I'm voting for Trump because I'm crazy, pissed off and I could give a god d### about this stupid game anymore.

A vote for Trump is a vote for anarchy.

Let's burn this hopeless state of homogenized apathy to the mother ####### ground already!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

There is an odd dynamic going on here.

First, I can understand how he would attract those who are sick and tired of the establishment in Washington.

But.. how is he seemingly made of teflon when it comes to non-PC statements? Any Repuplican candidate who is a career politician would be submarined by half of what he says.... yet he just goes on and on without much of an impact.

Second: A major portion of the Republicans are anti Washington, Anti-Establishment. Where are the Dems on this? Where are the Dems that are disgusted with the current status quo? Why is there no totally anti-establishment candicate for the Democrats? NO... Bernie is not that, no matter how the MSM would like to assign that label to him.

Instead it appears that a majority are supporting EXACTLY what is wrong with Washington by supporting Queen Hillary!!! The revolting portion (lol) support Bernie? Really? Nah...he is just another career politician who leans farther left than Hillary. Nothing special there.

You are going to vote in a guy who has one foot in the grave and call that changing the path our federal govt is on? Yeahh....Riiigghht.

edit on 1-9-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Trump Trump Trump!

I'm so sick of everyone thinking that some corrupt politician is going to fix this giant mess that we are in.

You have that wrong. We think some corrupt BUSINESSMAN is going to fix this giant mess.
Trump ain't a politician. He just plays one on TV.

Otherwise, valid points.

my bad...I read your post again....you had it right all the way thru. Vote TRUMP because a corrupt businessman is loads better than any corrupt politician!
edit on 1-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: FYI I am voting for Trump, his coruption is on our side!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join