It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Deputies Shooting Man With Hands Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

They might not have had any. But your post caused me to go back and check the video again and note that he went neat the police SUV. The guy was also shot near it as well, so there is a really good chances that it picked up the part of the shooting on video or at least the audio.

I don't think there are any other cops at the location be for the shooting, only after the shooting happens do more show up. My reasoning behind this is the EMT's don't run over to another location just hover over the guy and stay with in the area. If there was another person hurt they would be responding to them as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Gilbert Flores

Is the name of the person shot, it's noted in the different articles. I found a bit on his background and the reason for the police call. By all means does not seem like the guy was a saint. But due process is only due precess if you get to live to see it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

the rule of law seemingly applies to all but those entrusted to enforce it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

There is a war going on between people and the cops... this is nothing new to the last 3 years. I just hope the people get their licks in too.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
MSM won't cover this because it's two Hispanic cops shooting a Hispanic man.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
CNN is running an updated story.

Officers tried multiple means of non-lethal force to subdue the subject. He was armed with a knife. There's a second video that was shot from a different angle and is closer, but the DA isn't saying anything else about it. The woman and child that were inside the house where the domestic dispute happened both had injuries.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Once they make it illegal to film law enforcement the shooting of unarmed citizens will stop.
And yet everyone wanders why police randomly getting shot is going up.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well thanks for the info, his characters not relevant. He became a victim the moment they executed him in the street. However, if the new policy is to post details of the mans situation prior to becoming an execution victim,in order to guide logical conclusions about the victim.

Then we should find out where the police live,and also their backgrounds and anything they were doing prior to executing that man, so that people may draw logical conclusions as well.

divisive tactics used by media, and law enforcement,only because it's legal, this is a two way street!Can be done back to police officers. At this point every execution victim;this ought to be done to the executioners we ought to remove the black mask, reveal who these men are and any pertainant details that might explain why they execute men who are not a legitiment threat.

Btw, that comment about law enforcement not being in GP, suggesting they ought to be in PC
(They always catch PC anyway) just shows how weak they are when the roles reversed.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Words cannot express the disdain and anger I feel for law enforcement these days. Just the very sight of a police car in traffic gives me a nauseating feeling.

Its becoming an epidemic of cop executing victim point blank with impunity.

Its becoming a game of us vs them

edit on 1-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Didn't say diddly spit about his character did I? Pretty sure somebody asked what brought the officers there in the first place, though I may have that confused with the other thread going on. I was offering more details about that and that alone. If you'd like to quote me as to where I said he was a dirtbag or anything else, go for it.

As for protective custody? Yea, it's weak on the officer's part for not refusing PC to live in a prison full of people who dislike cops. Cool story bruh.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Revealing that the woman and child had "injurys", is divisive and an attempt at a character assassination. The man is dead dude, he's a g'damn execution victim, nothing can change that. He didn't deserve to executed like he was, do you disagree?

As for the police that find themselves in the revolving door, which by the way is few and far between. They put themselves there, and there is no king amongst the caged. Sex offenders are routinely thrown in general population, they are recycled through dorm to dorm, catching beatings until eventually they are PC'd.

There's nothing special about being a cop who is a criminal, infact If anything that's worse than a civilian. Police should be held to a higher standard. I don't advocate the senseless and ruthless murders of police that have been taking place, nor do I advocate the police creating execution victims.

The problem is one is a senseless murder committed by a psychopath, the other is as well, and it's an abuse of power, and institutionalized tyranny!

What do you think man? Do you even think there is a problem? If so how do you think it's fixed what's the solution? I'd really like your 2c

Thanks
edit on 1-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. It was me asking back on page 3 about why they were there. And I kinda feel odd that I called it with him having a knife.. still looks to me that he picked something up next to the vehicle just after the 30 second mark.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I've already given my opinion on the video. I don't know what his left hand was doing. To me it looks like both officers react physically, as in crouching slightly or moving, before they shoot. But then again, there's a delay in the audible when compared to the video. On top of that, there's an entirely different angle of the shooting that I would like to see. So until I know what his left hand was doing and how much the audio is delayed, I have no opinion on the shooting other than this video certainly doesn't make it look good. You should know, and if you don't then feel free to check out my posts on other PC threads, I have no problem saying when I think an officer is in the wrong.

As evidenced by the comment after yours, somebody asked why they were there. I answered that. No need to read any further into it than that. Somebody asked what happened, and I answered it.

Yes, there is a problem in law enforcement. There exists, to a certain degree, a shoot first mentality. Or shoot at the first hint of trouble. The problem is that reaching for a wallet looks like reaching for a gun. Had NYPD waited until they saw that it was a weapon, and not a wallet, Amadou Diallo would still be alive. As would any number of other people. And that comes down to a) poor training, whether it was the academy or the officer's reception of that training and b) poor decision making.

The flip side to that coin is that the media would like you to believe cops are running around blasting unarmed civilians all day long, every day. The vast majority of shootings are against armed individuals. The vast majority are against armed individuals who present a threat. But according to the media spin, most people are unarmed. And that's simply not the case. Are too many people being shot without cause? Absolutely. Won't ever get any argument about that from me. But I don't immediately jump to "psychopath" or "power tripping jackbooted roid rage gestapo" either.

ETA - as to the prison comment, maybe that's the case where you live. Where I'm at, even in jail, people accused of crime against a minor are automatically housed separately. They may not be in PC, but they are in everything but name because their entire pod is people accused of the same crimes. I know it's not like that everywhere, but I also know that they are not "routinely" housed in general population everywhere either. Has nothing whatsoever to do with being "king" of the prison. When a validated gang member renounces their affiliation, they're put in PC. Because it's utterly negligent to leave somebody with a known target on their back in general population.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This really looks like a contest to see who can deliver the most clever, sarcastic, and insightful replies. None of you know what transpired leading up to this man being shot. It has been said that he had a weapon. It was obvious he was irrational and combative. Like you all said, he had his hands in the air when he was shot. He had his hands in the air several times and moved them in defiant and combative motions. If he was not armed they would have moved in on him and served him. None of you know what is being said other than what the narrator says. The man was trying to get into the cruiser. It looks like he was trying to trade up on his weapon. Who is to say that he didn't see the camera man in the truck and threw his hands up but still threatened the police with the knife enough to get it.
My point is, you have all been convinced it was in cold blood because the narrator says it was. If someone has more than speculation please share. Otherwise you are doing the same thing to the police that you claim is unfair treatment. Is there really a reason to rant other than for the sake of ranting when you don't really know anything about this situation other than the guy was shot by police?
Hey, why don't we use it as a reason to loot the town (my attempt at sarcasm)?
When someone has real details it will be worth hearing or listening to.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I agree that there is more going on than what the narrator leads everyone to believe. Especially when closely analyzing the body language of those involved.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I say there is more to this story than what seems superficially obvious.

If they were going to kill the guy in cold blood...why wait until his hands are up?

Can you hear what is being said? Can you see if he has anything in his hands?

While it seems intuitively obvious what happened, it sure seems to me that there is something missing here.

I would like more information before coming to any conclusion.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Well thanks for the info, his characters not relevant. He became a victim the moment they executed him in the street. However, if the new policy is to post details of the mans situation prior to becoming an execution victim,in order to guide logical conclusions about the victim.

Then we should find out where the police live,and also their backgrounds and anything they were doing prior to executing that man, so that people may draw logical conclusions as well.

divisive tactics used by media, and law enforcement,only because it's legal, this is a two way street!Can be done back to police officers. At this point every execution victim;this ought to be done to the executioners we ought to remove the black mask, reveal who these men are and any pertainant details that might explain why they execute men who are not a legitiment threat.

Btw, that comment about law enforcement not being in GP, suggesting they ought to be in PC
(They always catch PC anyway) just shows how weak they are when the roles reversed.

I would say that, if the officers knew about the reported injuries, that would would be cause overall and again, if the officers knew his history, that would also be relevant.

So, if we get a video that shows us the whole picture, this could go either way.

I am surprised that it took so long for the information that he was armed to be stated, that is unusual and suspicious. Seems the first thing they would have said.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Time to take these kids guns away..... I hope they get charged with murder and sit in jail for many many years and think about how stupid they are!!!! a reply to: Daedal

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And just why do the american people need guns?

The nuckleheads have their answer!

You can wish there was more going on until they give you the
lie you're looking for. Those cops are murderers plain and simple.
But you'll believe the lie you're looking for.
edit on Rpm90115v50201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Straight-up murder.

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Anyone with an investigative eye can show you at around 57 seconds the suspect drops his hands before shots are fired, one if cops have you have your hands up and you drop them that quickly don't expect a warning. You could be reaching for a gun and clearly no closer witnesses so imma stand by the cops on this one. Like I said clearly shows his hands drop a split second before the gunshots and keep in mind their were two shots so definitely a takedown shooting. Looks legit to me until further evidence disproves.

I saw that, and my first thought was that he reached for his gut after the first bullet went in, and that because the cameraman is standing a fair distance away, the gunshot sound was delayed by the distance. But I could be wrong - I'm not sure if that distance would cause a delay quite that long, and I can't see his left hand. I guess it all depends on whether or not they found a weapon on him.

edit on 1/9/2015 by TheAnarchist because: ~

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join