It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Deputies Shooting Man With Hands Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
At around 30 seconds it looks like he picks something up near the police vehicle that is already on scene from the start of the video. Maybe a knife? And does anyone know why they were there, or if there was maybe an officer down? I only ask because there is already a police vehicle to the left of the man and the officers come into view from the right side of the screen. The whole scenario is odd, and I honestly can't figure out exactly what is going on. Really, really don't like the cops these days....

a reply to: greencmp

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
See some things got me leaning both ways.

At the first appearance of the shirtless guy we see him tugging at his pants. He enters the building then emerges shortly later and reaches to his left side. Can't tell if he put something in a pocket or tucked something in his waistband. But, he could have just as easily been pulling up his pants.

I can't tell if the officer kicks something away or kicks the mans left foot to check for responsiveness.

The sound lag is about right for hands dropping after the shot at 300yds, looks like a little over a hundred to me though.

Apparently there is another video out there that hasn't been released that is closer.

I think the facebook post by the local Sheriffs Department is a shameful attempt at intimidating the press.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: CraftBuilder

That actually tends to support the hypothesis that the victim/assailant did have a weapon.

How is that?

If a third quieter shot is heard after the deputies fired it would be consistent with a small caliber easily hand concealable pea shooter.

I am trying to find the footage you have, the KSAT links are all abridged so I am just going by your report on the nature of the sounds of the shots.

You would think that would be a major point to make out loud immediately or at least by now at this point so, that's a long shot in my mind anyway.
edit on 1-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yeah, definitely. There really needs to be a national forum focusing on the abuse of authority and the use of lethal force by police. You would think with all the videos surfacing of police being caught on video shooting unarmed citizens, the thought of using lethal force shouldn't even enter their minds!

edit on 1-9-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boneoracle
At around 30 seconds it looks like he picks something up near the police vehicle that is already on scene from the start of the video. Maybe a knife? And does anyone know why they were there, or if there was maybe an officer down? I only ask because there is already a police vehicle to the left of the man and the officers come into view from the right side of the screen. The whole scenario is odd, and I honestly can't figure out exactly what is going on. Really, really don't like the cops these days....

We must hold them to the same standard that we expect to be held.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TAWonATS
a reply to: Daedal

The officer on the right appears to immediately go over and kick away what one would presume is a weapon and continue to slide it further away with his foot? or am I just seeing things. If thats the case then I dont see this as one of those cold blooded cop murders that we all agree happens.

Yes, I agree this appears to be the case and the left arm is indeed obscured by the pole from the point of view of the cameraman.

I am curious as to why the one officer went over to the deceased and grabbed him by the arm and rolled him on to his stomach. Would this not be considered tampering with the scene? Or is it excusable as a reason to further remove the potential threat posed by the person if they were to grab for the weapon (assuming there is one)?

I also tend to think that the delay in the timing of the person's arming being lowered and the sound of the shot being fired is due to the difference in the speed of sound vs the speed of light.

@ Heff - I went to read your comment on the Facebook page as soon as I read your post, and by that time your comment had already been deleted; this was before your edit, so there was not a lot of time elapsed between when you posted and when the comment was deleted. So the Bexar County information officer (or whomever is in charge of their Facebook page) is both very busy and very quick.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Yeah, definitely. There really needs to be a national forum focusing on the abuse of authority and the use of lethal force by police. You would think with all the videos surfacing of police being caught on video shooting unarmed citizens, the thought of using lethal force shouldn't even enter their minds!

The narrative coming from the white house is disturbing.

They appear to be encouraging the nationalization of local law enforcement.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

a reply to: CraftBuilder

That actually tends to support the hypothesis that the victim/assailant did have a weapon.

How is that?

If a third quieter shot is heard after the deputies fired it would be consistent with a small caliber easily hand concealable pea shooter.

I am trying to find the footage you have, the KSAT links are all abridged so I am just going by your report on the nature of the sounds of the shots.

You would think that would be a major point to make out loud immediately or at least by now at this point so, that's a long shot in my mind anyway.

The quiet pop was before the suspect dropped his hands and before the two obvious pops as though one officer shot and the other officer followed suite with two more shots.

edit on 1-9-2015 by CraftBuilder because: to repair quote issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

originally posted by: TAWonATS

The officer on the right appears to immediately go over and kick away what one would presume is a weapon and continue to slide it further away with his foot? or am I just seeing things. If thats the case then I dont see this as one of those cold blooded cop murders that we all agree happens.

Yes, I agree this appears to be the case and the left arm is indeed obscured by the pole from the point of view of the cameraman.

I am curious as to why the one officer went over to the deceased and grabbed him by the arm and rolled him on to his stomach. Would this not be considered tampering with the scene? Or is it excusable as a reason to further remove the potential threat posed by the person if they were to grab for the weapon (assuming there is one)?

I also tend to think that the delay in the timing of the person's arming being lowered and the sound of the shot being fired is due to the difference in the speed of sound vs the speed of light.

@ Heff - I went to read your comment on the Facebook page as soon as I read your post, and by that time your comment had already been deleted; this was before your edit, so there was not a lot of time elapsed between when you posted and when the comment was deleted. So the Bexar County information officer (or whomever is in charge of their Facebook page) is both very busy and very quick.

Everyone should start saving pages and/or taking screen shots.
edit on 1-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The narrative coming from the white house is disturbing.

They appear to be encouraging the nationalization of local law enforcement.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's a white guy. Does this !mean it won't be a national news story because it doesn't advance the narrative?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Not to worry, change is coming and it's coming soon.

It's just another brick in the wall.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

One thing I noticed is that once the two officers shot the man, they were basically just standing around. But, as soon as a third officer came flying into the scene they started to shuffle around frantically and act scared. That is a sign of their guilt right there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This would be the perfect time for a body cam.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Totally justified, that guy was clearly preparing +10 fireball attack.

Kudos to the deputies for their quick thinking.

Indeed. And no deathrattle. Poor sap could of summoned himself again.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

So then by your argument the video is useless claiming errors make the video appear different. Then sorry you can't use this as evidence either. Again clearly see the hands drop before the shots almost a whole second before. Doesn't take a genius just a good connection.

I really think you are grasping at straws here. It appears the man dropped his hands after he was shot....let's not forget about the delay of the sound of the shots, but you clearly dismiss that reality.

One man versus how many cops with high power rifles, semi-automatic hand guns, and body armor.

The man filming is lucky that none in platoon of police saw him filming(he was at a considerable distance away).

This is a tragedy and we need to make the rest of the concerned citizens that there is nothing illegal about filming the police in action.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would have liked to have seen those policemen's faces when they learned that a video had been shot and released. These are people with too-quick firing fingers, and they should have knew better than to shot this poor fellow. Whatever happened to police training, on firing ranges and in simulate situations? All policemen in the states should be required to go to major training in gun usage and suspect handling, maybe in a centralized location that all police would be paid to travel to and train in.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

hmm, looks like those deputies didn't care much for the 'All LIVES MATTER' movement which had a huge rally recently.

I wonder how many LEO's will rally for this man who lost his life at the hands of those deputies and scream all lives matter.

I think I know how many....

edit on 1-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: RobinB022

As evidenced by this thread and many others, the vast majority either have no idea why they're put on leave or blithely ignore the actual reason in lieu of pithy comments.

Don't disagree at all that there are craptastic cops. Just don't agree that being put on leave is "an indication that things won't work out as it should."

So when they're found guilty they should have to pay all that tax payer money back. And if they can't pay, take their car, house etc. while they serve out jail terms in Gen Pop and work inside making diaper bags for .35 per hour.

Seems about equal treatment then.

Jude

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

And then the prison is on the hook for putting an inmate with known safety concerns in general population.

Makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join