It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinesis discussion anyone?😊

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Psychokinesis (from Greek ψυχή "mind" + κίνησις "movement"), or telekinesis (from τῆλε "far off" + κίνησις "movement"), is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to influence a physical system without physical interaction. Psychokinesis and telekinesis are sometimes abbreviated as PK and TK respectively.

So this is the topic I'd like to discuss, I believe that people most definitely have this ability, and may have used it unknowingly. I've come up with the idea that science could possibly come up with an answer if the type of research was funded.

With that, these are a couple of examples from experiments that made me think twice.

Double slit experiment
www.google.com...://www.hitachi.com/rd/portal/highlight/quantum/&sa=U&ved=0CCIQFjAIahUKEwiLk8CkmdXHAhVJO4gKHR6TDKY&sig2=oW3ziwbQ16ZG13j hg3gz2Q&usg=AFQjCNFcmJy5fFYfepTgDZoLVmvareaiEw

Reality doesn't exist until measured
www.google.com...://www.iflscience.com/physics/measurement-rules-quantum-universe&sa=U&ved=0CA4QFjABahUKEwiE_bXomdXHAhWDOIgKHQL_AHQ&sig 2=SHaxNqMNxJjqMR881un-7A&usg=AFQjCNFFzSkgEJv5ozwOzRUEiNlos6e7eQ

Production of electromagnetic field by the heart
www.google.com...://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091211131520.htm&sa=U&ved=0CCAQFjAIahUKEwiLpavQmtXHAhXHmIgKHYFGB4E&sig2=qXviw 04WG1cOcIW8G0TbvA&usg=AFQjCNEhhG8nvvN-zgvcN__0_3tDOyDkRQ

Brains electromagnetic field
www.google.com...://quantum-mind.co.uk/theories/other-quantum-theories/conscious-brains-em-field/&sa=U&ved=0CD8QFjALahUKEwiZy9f1nNXHAhX GNIgKHac2B4I&sig2=jqAwWrmMDiyM4ozjb0WhwQ&usg=AFQjCNF2N7mpbXYWGHjEZk4nGIjwlyOmVA

And the one that would tie this altogether.

Levitating frog with magnetic field
www.google.com...://www.physics.org/facts/frog-really.asp&sa=U&ved=0CBMQFjABahUKEwiT69bIndXHAhURl4gKHQxKDoI&sig2=LIhMKVyUDf3mkTADrFevlw &usg=AFQjCNE3CBNhJeRrjUuLnPb8eTl4u0TDXQ

I'll have to admit that I don't understand these concepts well enough, but I think I get it in laymen's terms. And to add, I just found these links, to at least explain where I'm coming from, with my reasoning.

Now I believe that each person has their own manipulative electromagnetic field, and what I mean by that is, whatever is in that field can be manipulated to a degree. Say you drop an apple on a pyramid, if your not looking at it, it will land and you will not be sure where it will go. But lets say you stare at it before you drop it and watch it go all the way down. As soon as it hits something you'll have an idea of where it will go and stop. But the point I'm trying to make is that if you watched it, I believe it possible to manipulate which way it will roll and travel. So I believe the stronger the field, the stronger the manipulation will be.

So I understand its possible I might of used noncredible links but I think it still portrays what I'm trying to get at. I believe the links do speak of credible experiments and facts.

I only decided to write this thread after having my own experiences and putting some thought into how I think it could be possible. So please let me know what you guys here at ATS think about this. Like I mentioned, I'm a layman when it comes to understanding the mentioned links, and yes I understand the difference between magnetism and electromagnetism.

So with that I'll leave you with food for thought, when you toss something and it lands in the exact spot you wanted, was it perfect aim or electromagnetic manipulation?

Can't wait to here from you guys and thanks for reading my half baked theory, especially if you got this far.

Have a good night (or day, depending where you are)

Amst

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If it existed it would be easy to prove, and the person would be a millionaire over night.

Since that has never happened, and no one can ever demonstrate the ability, I am going with does not exist.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

You know, there is no denying strange and inexplicable things occur, however drawing the conclusions on just exactly how it occurred, or why, is where people diverge. Often times the conclusions we draw fit our preconceived ideas be it religious or political.

We have not been able to produce these reported phenomenon in a lab, and when it comes to things like telepathy, we get varying results as we would expect. Having said that, I don't discount that these things happen, I am just not quick to draw conclusions, I would be lying if I said I haven't had an experience with 'telepathy' ,the thing is I have no idea how or why it occurred, and I can't say that it wasn't a gross misinterpretation, because it could have been.

I just feel that the strange and inexplicable need to have more investigation, with a skeptical but open mind, open minded in that people will truly spend years investigating the claims and gathering evidence. We ought to be able to, at least hear the claims and investigate.

The truth is even at the most base level we don't have all the answers, everyone, scientists included. We are marooned species looking to the stars wondering why, and we have created religions ,and philosophy's,and science to try to answer this deep seeded inexplicable nature of everything that we have observed.

Just to put it in context, we are on a floating rock in outer space spinning around an exploding ball of hydrogen having a conversation about the paranormal on a integrated network. So could telepathy and telekinesis really be happening?

Sure, weirder # has happened.
edit on 1-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

To me, that's like saying you know exactly where the mind resides, which hasn't been proven yet. But to be fair, this is just for thought and discussion.

edit on 1-9-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87

To me, that's like saying you know exactly where the mind resides, which hasn't been proven yet. But to be fair, this is just for thought and discussion.

No, it's like saying I can use my mind to make my legs move and my body walk. I can demonstrate it.
Then like you saying you can use your mind to make objects move, but you can't demonstrate it.

One of us is likely wrong, or lying.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I don't understand if that's hostility or ignorance to being "open minded" (pun intended) but you sure know how to be a party pooper, you know, I'm open to being 100% wrong, hence this thread being in the gray area but if you have a problem with anything I've written, please show yourself out of this thread

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

And just to be clear, nowhere did I state that I had the ability of telekinesis, just that I had experiences which led me to this idea of how it might be possible

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Or I can not do that, stay, and ask why myself, or anyone else, should believe in a thing that no one can demonstrate.

If it existed, it should be demonstrable, correct?

ETA: I was never suggesting you personally, but if it exists then people who have the ability should be able to demonstrate it, right?
edit on 1-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The evidence is in sportsmen all over the world and every sport. The most in-tune sportsmen are reputed to be tennis players. Do they know where their opponent is going to hit it or do they influence it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
If you are wrong then consider how fast our brains are really processing information. If we are not pk or tk in any way then our minds and brain must be processing info at a rate and speed we have not dreamt of yet.
Nature holds the key to all, you just have to watch.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Scientist know many things exist until they try to measure them.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
The evidence is in sportsmen all over the world and every sport. The most in-tune sportsmen are reputed to be tennis players. Do they know where their opponent is going to hit it or do they influence it.

They influence it. Where they hit the ball, where they are standing, they force their opponent to hit the ball where they want them to.

No mind tricks needed. No tennis player can make objects move with their mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

If you are wrong then consider how fast our brains are really processing information. If we are not pk or tk in any way then our minds and brain must be processing info at a rate and speed we have not dreamt of yet.
Nature holds the key to all, you just have to watch.

Completely untrue.

Scientist know many things exist until they try to measure them.

Either people can make objects move with their minds or they can't. It's really quite simple. I don't know what scientists and knowing things has to do with anything.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

What if its like Schrödinger's cat?

www.google.com...
edit on 1-9-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: hopefully fixed link

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Brother I'm not getting into yours and occamsrazor argument,as I have spelled out my position clearly, and it has not met retort. Anyway, your link is not working man, when you post a link a better way to do it, in your reply box there are options which line the top,you can click on the square box that has an arrow pointing diagonally and to the right. A white window will appear asking you the name you want shown on the url. So in this case it would be Schrödinger's cat , then press ok, another window will appear and you copy and paste the url in that window, And press ok again, it will appear as a blue highlighted link with the name Schrödinger's cat.

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87

What if its like Schrödinger's cat?

www.google.com...

Then open the box. I can go with you, you both can and can't do it until you try. At some point, like the cat, the ability shows itself to be alive or dead....

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Really not much of an argument. I would love it to be true, but there is no evidence to support it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

One experience I had, was about 5 months ago , I was standing in my kitchen,contemplating whether I should smoke a cig and a fly landed about 5ft from me. I looked at the fly and automatically felt the lighter already smashing the fly, so what did I do? I pulled out my bic lighter and for lack of a better, chucked it at the fly (my neighbor that was also there, looked at me shocked) I was like,"yeah i know, practically impossible right?" Then i went on to explain how these 1 out of a million things that could happen, normally happen to me on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Not sure where the telekineses is in there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
sorry on a smartphone, I tried to delete what wasn't highlighted in an edited reply, clearly it didn't work, sorry bout that. I don't know if it's done the same, as You'd do on a PC, do you know, actually?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join