It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a girl finishes off your sandwich

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I was having a lunch with a girl I like and only known a few days, and I wasnt able to finish off my sandwich and I was about to throw it away until the girl asked if she could finish it off. I gave the rest to her and she just continued on eating my half eaten sandwich from where I had bitten. Is this just a little sign that the girl could like me? I know its far from a kiss but still, it seems a little intimate considering my saliva is still technically on the sandwich. Or am I just looking too much into it and its nothing? I mean, how many of you would really finish off your friends sandwich he/she had already bitten into?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Actually I find that this is interesting. Was this a date or just happenstance, like you were taking lunch break at the same time? It does seem a friendly gesture in any event. Or she is an over eater. Next time you find yourself having food at the same time and if she is having something you do not or have not had, ask her if you might try a bite or taste. Of her food Marcus, of her food. See how she responds.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think it was a sign that she was hungry.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
She likes food and maybe was hungry but she may also like you, you're definitely reading too much into it.
If you like her just tell her.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't finish off my husband's sandwich like that and we have been married for almost 19 years. I've also had to run out and get a new toothbrush when he has used mine by accident. I have had two children with this man....

It's a personal hang up. Some people have them and some don't. Obviously I do. So it's hard to tell if she did it because she likes you or if she did it because she just wants to watch the world burn lol.

If I had to guess, I would say that she is likely fond of you. If she is not and she is eating after you, then she does have issues.

Next time take one of your friends... If she finishes off their food, you know she just likes to eat and there ain't a thing wrong with that either.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Not a date, just a friendly lunch thing sitting together during work break as she just started in my company. Yes she probably was hungry, but still, if any of you guys were hungry would you eat a strangers half eaten sandwich? I know I wouldnt. Heck I wouldnt even eat from my best friends half eaten sandwich without cutting off the bite marks.
edit on 1-9-2015 by Marcus069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Would have to know more about her to know if it means anything. Some people will finish anyone's sandwich, some no one's, some only someone they like.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
You won;t finish your husband's sandwich and you have children with him? Yes, that is a serious hangup.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Marcus069

I see your point, but some people are just care free about germs.
I wouldn't look to much into it, the simple answer is that she was hungry and doesn't care about germs.

Or ask her out.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069
I was having a lunch with a girl I like and only known a few days, and I wasnt able to finish off my sandwich and I was about to throw it away until the girl asked if she could finish it off. I gave the rest to her and she just continued on eating my half eaten sandwich from where I had bitten. Is this just a little sign that the girl could like me? I know its far from a kiss but still, it seems a little intimate considering my saliva is still technically on the sandwich. Or am I just looking too much into it and its nothing? I mean, how many of you would really finish off your friends sandwich he/she had already bitten into?

Sounds like she was hungry and she likes you. I wouldn't finish the partially eaten sandwich of someone I don't like, even if I was hungry. So, that leaves us with that she likes you

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well I would only finish a half eaten sandwich from my parents, my kids, and a girl I liked (but not my siblings).....but I guess she also could be carefree about germs. Anyway, something to ponder and see how it goes. It seems too ambiguous at this stage.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You wouldn't. Neither would I. Does not mean she would not.

I dated a girl that would share drinks out of the glass/bottle with anyone. The first time I saw it I put a stop to it (for her own health and safety). Some people don't think about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Send her back into the kitchen to make you another samich.

link   

I have many nicknames. One of them, is the Human Trash Compactor.

Essentially, if a buddy invites me over to dinner, or if I happen to be around when they are eating, and they do not finish their food, they pass me the plate, and it gets cleaned. Half a Pizza here, quarter of a battered cod fillet there, sausage or two every now and again, naan breads, spare chips or fries, all sorts. Can't finish your booze? Throw it this way.

This does two things. First of all it means the food did not go to waste, because I ate it. Second of all, it means it did not end up in the trash, meaning that come garbage day, their rubbish sacks have a smaller percentage of rotting edibles in them than might otherwise be the case. Its a win for all parties concerned!

I also do this when we eat out as a group, which saves the pot washers at the places we frequent having to do anything but wash the dishes, as opposed to first having to take them over to the food waste bin, scrape em, and then wash them.

link   
Why the hell were you planning on just throwing out half of a sandwich!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It differs from person to person. I don't usually have a problem eating after other people but it still depends upon the person sometimes. Anyone I know well and am friends with I don't care at all but strangers I do.

I'd say that probably she has an interest in you. She's obviously very comfortable around you being that she's new and already having a lunch together and eating after you. Unless she was just starving or something and would take food from anyone half eaten, but I doubt it.

But she may just not have a problem with it too and maybe it's normal for her to do that. In either case if you want to date her I'd say she's at least comfortable enough with you that you could ask her out without it being a problem. As long as you aren't weird about it I'm sure it will be cool, even if she said she wants to only be friends.

On a side note, dating your co-workers may not be such a good idea anyway. Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You wouldn't. Neither would I. Does not mean she would not.

I dated a girl that would share drinks out of the glass/bottle with anyone. The first time I saw it I put a stop to it (for her own health and safety). Some people don't think about it.

True. It is possible that it is because she likes him.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have many nicknames. One of them, is the Human Trash Compactor.

Essentially, if a buddy invites me over to dinner, or if I happen to be around when they are eating, and they do not finish their food, they pass me the plate, and it gets cleaned. Half a Pizza here, quarter of a battered cod fillet there, sausage or two every now and again, naan breads, spare chips or fries, all sorts. Can't finish your booze? Throw it this way.

This does two things. First of all it means the food did not go to waste, because I ate it. Second of all, it means it did not end up in the trash, meaning that come garbage day, their rubbish sacks have a smaller percentage of rotting edibles in them than might otherwise be the case. Its a win for all parties concerned!

I also do this when we eat out as a group, which saves the pot washers at the places we frequent having to do anything but wash the dishes, as opposed to first having to take them over to the food waste bin, scrape em, and then wash them.

The only thing I noticed there was I thought, that in the UK that chips ARE fries. Now I am confused.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Yes, it could be that, or not that, impossible to tell. My inclination would be to say she likes him, but it's just the more likely option, not a given.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069
Not a date, just a friendly lunch thing sitting together during work break as she just started in my company.

I am glad you qualified this because I was going to ask the context. For example, if she finished off your sandwich while lying in bed postcoitus, that'd be different from doing so at some posh black tie do with the Queen.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join