It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprints on Leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Initially I posted pics of this on the grey forum.. 'cause I just don't know what they are. While I believe in UFO visitation, I think most pictures and claims are mundane. My belief in alien abduction has been quite low.. I felt there have been a few legitimate cases, but most are bunk I felt. But then I woke up with these marks one Sunday morning. Setting my alarm for 7, going to bed at midnight.. I woke up at 9 am, missing all my alarms (as well as my wife). I felt as if I had maybe gotten 2 hours of sleep, I was utterly exhausted. I found fairly deep impressions on my calf. About 1/4" deep I'd guess. They lasted until noon. So 3 hours at least.

My wife and I have done some basic tests.. we cannot replicate this. I firmly don't believe a blanket or sheet caused this, nor is it a scratch. These were a bit wider and about 1 and 1/2 inches longer than my own fingers. I am exploring more options, since I only have gotten brush-off answers thus far. Sheets.. blankets.. grabbed myself.. my foot.. scratches. None of which make any sense. I can't create a lasting mark if I try.. and I challenge anyone to create a mark on themselves that lasts 3 + hours.

I asked my doctor about them on my last visit. He didn't seem to want to talk about it much. He thought perhaps I scratched myself, until I explained they were indentations, not scratches.. that lasted several hours. I asked if it could be muscle issues, or nerve issues. He said no, could not be either. Marks were in the wrong direction for muscle issues, and they also extended past my calf onto the thinner part of my leg. Also not nerves.

So.. I am out of ideas. Grey forums provided nothing aside from the expected (and sad) jokes about abduction. It's a pity on a site like this, you post something legitimate, and it is joked about instead of folks providing input that is useful or at least supportive. Only one person offered anything worthwhile.

Checking here as well.. can any paranormal activity cause this sort of thing? If so, which? It's disturbing.. weighing on my mind.. I'd like to figure out what this is. Might get a second medical opinion. If it's just a medical issue.. I'd like to know, as it's not remotely normal. If it's something else.. would also like to know. Thanks for any input! Posting all the pics I took that morning. These were taken 30 minutes after the fact.. I was out of it, and exhausted. Inverting them made them more interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Is it possible that instead of indentations, the apparently indented skin is normal but that they are punctuated by three raised "streaks" creating the illusion of indentations between them? If that were the case, sheets or blanket creases could be thin enough to have caused them after all, as you're not looking for something wide pressing into your skin, but something narrow.

In that case, it could be contact dermatitis. I've had that happen to me before from a new detergent or even just a completely new allergy to a fabric. Or even just inflammation from compression that then rebounds after getting out of bed.

I'm not saying that's what it is. Just trying to help you find one more potentially mundane explanation. Good luck.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Strange. This is only on one calf? Have you ever had strange things happen in the middle of the night or upon waking before this? I've had skin reactions to Tide laundry detergent in the past which made me itch but never gave me red welts. I guess if you were highly sensitive to it, you could get welts, but not on just one bodily area.

I had strange deep red scratches on my back about 35 years ago when my wife and I first got married. They happened a couple of times and my wife is the one that brought it to my attention. I would have never known they were there. I immediately thought it was from her possibly scratching my back in the middle of the night, but she insisted it wasn't her. We tried connecting the dots of possible ways I could have gotten the scratches, but never really had a "that's it" moment. We both thought it was rather strange and never gave much thought about it later.

I never had any strange things happening to me in the middle of the night, so I never really thought of an abduction encounter or something paranormal in nature. Even though, I've done a lot of research in that area since my college days.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Two things come to mind . pitting edema and thyroid. This happened to my step mom when she was having thyroid issues. No idea why ...

It really looks pitting edema to me though.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Maybe your wife did it .
Hire a food tester 😟

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

it possible that instead of indentations, the apparently indented skin is normal but that they are punctuated by three raised "streaks" creating the illusion of indentations between them? If that were the case, sheets or blanket creases could be thin enough to have caused them after all, as you're not looking for something wide pressing into your skin, but something narrow.

They were definitely indentations. After the next 3 hours, they slowly returned to normal. They were gone by noon. They were not raised.. (nor the area around them). I could lay my finger inside them. They were about 1/4" deep or a bit more. I didn't take pictures until about 30 minutes after I got up, so they were even deeper than you see. The skin around them did not change. If you invert the pictures, you can see them even more clearly. Maybe I'll do so and post it.

Two things come to mind . pitting edema and thyroid. This happened to my step mom when she was having thyroid issues. No idea why ...

It really looks pitting edema to me though.

My wife and I tested that immediately. All around the indentations, pressing hard even for 30 seconds left no mark.. it immediately sprang back, and my skin was taught. So it was not that.. it crossed my mind that morning as well.

The middle mark was a bit sore - once it was gone, it was still sore in that spot for about a day. They were also most certainly not scratches. They would have been gouges, which was not the case. Once they returned to normal, you could not even see where they had been. No redness, nothing. There was also a small divot behind my knee.. a fifth pointed mark like a thumb print. Can't see it as well in the pic, but that's why I turned my leg to take another shot, to try and catch that fifth mark.

We also discounted feet causing it, and my wife grabbing me in her sleep, since the marks are longer than my own fingers, and her hands are quite a bit smaller than mine.
edit on 31-8-2015 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Look like burns from a wall radiator to me

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Your wife is probably drugging you.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I assure you my wife is not drugging me. : p

We don't have a radiator, but yea.. I know what you mean, looks like it. Wasn't a burn at all. The other bits of the experience that seem related are being exhausted.. I felt like I got maybe 2 hours of sleep, I was utterly exhausted when I got up, although I got 9 hours of sleep. Also, I have an alarm with 3 alarms. Was set for 7, and I heard none of them, nor did my wife. I checked.. they were still set / on the next day. I have missed them once before when I was up far too late, but it's a rare occurrence. I use them to get up every day for work.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This feels like a very rational explanation.

Would explain the extreme tiredness also.

a reply to: Kapusta

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

There could be someone living in your attack and attacking you when you sleep.There have been documented cases of this happening.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise
This feels like a very rational explanation.

Would explain the extreme tiredness also.

a reply to: Kapusta

Except it's not.. as the indentations stayed for 3 hours, and I have never had that condition, and I was unable to make any lasting impression in my skin that morning. I also did not have / have never had the accompanying symptoms for that medical condition. I can guarantee that was not the cause. My doctor did not think so either.

There could be someone living in your attack and attacking you when you sleep.There have been documented cases of this happening.

Not sure what you are saying.. but if you are suggesting someone might be living in our place without our knowing, it's not large enough / has hiding places that we would now know. So.. thankfully (cause that is kind of creepy), that is not the case.

top topics

join