It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Ad-issues? Its really just you and your habits.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I have no problems with ATS and live by a simple philosophy. You have to be smarter than the technology you are using, to get the best results from said technology.

Does it apply? Don't know. But I do know there isn't a problem with ATS

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

i know it's not a problem to hijack a secure connection, but the man in the middle can't sign it with the certificate he doesn't have - so as long as the certificate confirms that the content comes from ATS, everybody knows it hasn't been tampered with.

the thing is, will any ISP try to hijack a secure connection, when any such action is blatantly obvious, just to insert some ads. personally, i don't think so.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was under the mad impression that we use a mouse click to indicate we want more information about something on the web but now it seems you just need.to roll your mouse over an area.

Hrmm this I will actively resolve on my end. That's just not on....

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
For those who see things few others do...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Same for me. I only see ads when I'm not logged in.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I use ATS on multiple devices, iPad, iPhone and PC, I get spammed on all 3 platforms, it's been gradually getting worse.
Btw this is the only website that spams my devices, I've been frapping the PC and screen shorting the iPad and iPhone for proof. The adds are from Ats.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've noticed some kinda connection between what comes into my email account linked to the mobile device I access ATS on and adverts on ATS.

Earlier today I was on here and had no adverts.

Email from Sky came into my inbox telling me my bill was ready. I closed my browser and opened my Gmail app. to read the email.

Came back on ATS this afternoon and now I have a banner ad at the top for NOW TV and an annoying pop up banner ad at the bottom for Sky that scrolls up the page as I scroll down leading to accidental 'clicking' on said banner.

In general I"ve got to admit I don't have a problem with ads on the mobile site so I don't think its ATS hitting members with high volumes of ads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join