It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

getting older...do you think about it? how do you deal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Im 42..

I have had major knee reconstruction thanks to a hockey injury. That can slow me down a bit but that's on me for not doing what I have needed to do over the past 2 years to get it back to 100%

My 20 year career is in a great spot allowing me the financial freedom of saving for the future and not needing to live check to check. On top of that I have prospects to upgrade my current financial output to a higher level if I want to..possibilities are always good but those possibilities have come at the expense of a few things to get to the point I am now. So its a give and take..

On the relationship front things are meh but that's the way things go and it will work out..

I wouldn't want to be any other age then what I am now because like everyone else I have experience highs and lows..good and bad and what I have learned is that no one lives any more dramatic, horrible, wonderful or annoying a life then anyone else..Everyone suffers and enjoys just in different ways...

Best of luck

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Seems to be the sentiment of many of those on this thread.....sorry!
edit on 31-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm 57, disabled and have forgotten what it's like not to have pain.
a reply to: Night Star
I am in the exact same boat, have been for 19-20 years now. Can you acquire medical marijuana? I have been on 20 different meds and none helped, just MJ.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

I'm 57, disabled and have forgotten what it's like not to have pain.
I am in the exact same boat, have been for 19-20 years now. Can you acquire medical marijuana? I have been on 20 different meds and none helped, just MJ.

I don't know. I never asked. Maybe I should.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Please do, it could change your life for the better.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

It is a miracle that I am still alive and will turn 65. It is a miracle that I can see and walk and think. It is wonderful that I am no longer afraid of what is NEXT. I will miss my family but I will be glad to shed this failing body that holds me back.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You know you're getting older when all your friends, family and

aquaintences, who die are younger than you ... and so your social

circle shrinking fast.

When actors, sports people singers celebrities etc. who were part

of your young life when you were growing up are dying and they

were ALL younger than you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm 47, and I am very aware of the aging process. I can see it, I can feel it.... I'm getting aches in joints, and many of my favorite past times are starting to feel too tiring and difficult physically. I have grandchildren now, and after two days taking care of the four year old (or one night with the three month old) I am exhausted (even though they have been perfectly well behaved! ).

But I am accepting it pretty well. I think part of that is because I never expected much from life. It started out hard and painful and future looked bleak; I always thought death sounded like the big reward I will only get one day when I have patiently and courageously faced the struggles of life.

But it evolved to much more joy, happiness and abundance of various sorts, that I didn't expect! So at this point, I feel like I went way beyond anything I hoped to experience, so now, it's all "extras". This is why I often wonder if hope or expectation isn't the real source of unhappiness. It is what you have and what you've done in relation to what you expected and desired that determines how happy you'll be with it.

I feel like "my cup runneth over" at this point. I have lived for me, I have everything I need, and now I can just give without feeling in need myself, as a result. I really like that. Younger, trying to give and do for others always resulted in a sense of lack for myself. I had to deal with the threat of draining myself, and trying to balance self preservation with love for others.

Sometimes I observe that some people seem to get their easy and pleasurable period of life early on, some get it later.
I don't have any advice for anyone who is struggling with aging in a different way. We all different stories.
I can only express love and best wishes to you, that it evolves into a better experience for you!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
While the circumstances of my life are not quite the same as yours, I feel like I can really relate to the sentiments expressed in the opening post.
edit on 3/9/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Gonna be 56 in a few days, and I have to say the past couple of years, I have really started to feel my age. But I still am 25 in my head. The key to getting old: try to always give yourself something to look forward to. Keep your friends close, it gets harder and harder to make new ones as you age. Start eating healthy NOW, as your body will completely fall apart if you dont. Keep your interests and keep busy. Getting old is not as bad as the anxiety about getting old. Also a BIG word of advice, start saving money for retirement, most companies DON'T want you after about 50, and you don't want them by 55 lol. .

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

i want to travel. i want to try things.

I want me myself and I. Me me myself me me me I.

People like you make it obvious that only a God could have
done what Christ did on Calvery. No whining man would've
went thru with it. Funny part is, if it wasn't for him, I'd probably
be the same way. Instead I smile at everyday because it's filled
with hope. Might be just what you need.

Flame on!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So not devoting yourself to God (whose existence still has not been proven) 24/7, and seeking a comfortable and enjoyable life for you and your loved ones (whose existences HAVE been proven) makes one an egomaniac?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Not this Gods existence hasn't been proven crap again?
No it hasn't been proven according to the special parameters men
put forth, so they could have something to point to and proclaim
they're the ultimate intelligence in existence. As they bomb kids
in iraq and tanks run over their parents, because of the oil beneath
their feet. But the really smart ones can see that's just a hokey little
set up and realise their isn't any need to prove God exists because of
what I said? Jesus did exist and he did go to the cross so he sure
as all get out wasn't some puny human. Back on topic my
point was simply that a large number of people whine when they're
actually living the life of a king. How you missed it, IDK but
stay on topic.
edit on Ram90515v56201500000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

And the key point people with your mindset tend to miss is that it doesn't matter how many possessions you have, your social status or level of freedom and comfort in your life, if you are not happy within then it counts for little.

edit on 5/9/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

And the key point people with your mindset tend to miss is that it doesn't matter how many possessions you have, your social status or level of freedom and comfort in your life, if you are not happy within then it counts for little.

You're right, surprized I never seen it before. Thanks,

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm about to be 33, but don't look or feel it. I have minor physical annoyances but no major pains. From a health and fitness perspective I'm at my peak or yet to reach it, but that's due to a late start at strength and cardio training.

I came to terms with a lot of life problems throughout my 20s, and not much gets under my skin for longer than a few moments if that. I'm okay with how I've aged so far, but am doing my best to take advantage of whatever can extend my health span and increase my quality of life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join