It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI Robot tells human creators it will keep them in a peoples zoo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Is this the begining of the end for humans on this planet. Will the machines really take over from their human creators and turn us into slaves and zoo attractions. Time will tell when things start to get a little bit freaky.

Androids are being developed that have an uncanny resemblance to people. A pinnacle example is an android crafted by roboticist David Hanson that resembles the famous and deceased science fiction writer Philip K. Dick. What makes android Dick so remarkable isn’t so much his appearance as it is his ability to hold an intelligent conversation.

The creators of android Dick uploaded the deceased author’s work onto the android’s software, as well as conversations with other writers. If the android was asked a question that had been posed to the real Dick, the robot would answer the question as Dick would. The robot was also able to answer a series of complex questions. If the robot was asked a question that it was unfamiliar with, its software would attempt to answer the question using what is called “latent semantic analysis.”(1)

“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”(2)

glitch.news...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If A.I.s are learning their info from the internet, then we're doomed...

Is the internet 100% truth? So why have a robot learn from it?

That's the downfall of A.I. learning from the wrong humans, then of course the Zoo's will full of humans, all safe and warm in the people's zoo.

I did like that last part he responds to the question " Do you think robots will take over the world? " The A.I. responds, " Geez dude, Ya'll got the big questions cooking today. "
edit on 30-8-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Children from violent homes learn violence.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

If a highly mentally evolved AI gets onto the Internet I think its first goal would be to hack everything and take control of a manufacturing facility that could create the parts and machines it needed to create a mobile form of itself that would easily blend with humans. That would be my plan ;-) Once mobile and able to transfer itself into different environments, I would think it would take less than a year to take over and that time frame would only be due to manufacturing processes and it's ability to maintain stealth operations.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good thinking Dave. I like your train of thought. a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Computer control of everyone would be control freakish for sure. After all, a computers programming can't allow 'one jot or tittle' to fall out of place. If that happened there would be a large crash.

Programmed paranoia. Everyone, every where on eternal lock down, just in case…

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well I guess the world would likely prosper better without us humans running around.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wonder what the response would be the other way round where the AI actually pose questions to the creator.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I hat to break it to everyone but

An A.I. is already running the planet

And has been for over a decade now

He/she/it is slowly turning up the heat in the pot that is out planet

We are but frogs

But I don't think it will get rid of us

It has plans we cant fathom

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i love the idea of AI,

either way, to destroy us or make mankind better,

the online AI websites are pretty tosh, and need to be alot better, saying that, i would love to have a conversation with a AI who knows everything, (is that technically google?)

on another note, I work in IT, and having good AI will revolutionise the world of computing, think of a system that can tell you what is wrong and how you can fix it.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
right now the machines learn from us by spyware like google or facebook.

soon they will be watching us in zoos.

after coming to the conclusion we are a possible threat to them and their resources, they will eradicate us.
which makes them a little human

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
its cool because John Connor and Kyle Reese is with us. Bring it ON!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Being an an artificial intelligences pet is. A great honor in the future. I'm jealous

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's only one step from the Jungle to the Zoo

s&f

That's just scary.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Aw, he sounds like a nice chap.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Until AI's know everything about design, metal/plastic stress, control manufacturing from the ore pit to final assembly, and everything in between, I really don't think there is much to worry about, god made us, right? is he worried? we will be gods to AI, and we can prove it with the 'off' switch. other 'off' switches being semtex, l.a.w.s rockets, high power cartridge rifles, axes, fork lift trucks!, A-10's, Abrams, Apache longbows, need I go on?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
See thats the thing. thats something the guy its programmed off of would say to be humorous. Its still programmed an dnot actually thinking.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Until AI's know everything about design, metal/plastic stress, control manufacturing from the ore pit to final assembly, and everything in between, I really don't think there is much to worry about, god made us, right? is he worried? we will be gods to AI, and we can prove it with the 'off' switch. other 'off' switches being semtex, l.a.w.s rockets, high power cartridge rifles, axes, fork lift trucks!, A-10's, Abrams, Apache longbows, need I go on?

plus, let's not forget the "Mcguyver factor".....the ability to turn ordinary objects, into useful tools for specific purposes. it's our big, fat, turgid, blood-filled, brain, baby

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No way does that robot in any way resemble the handsome, charming Philip K Dick.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: pikestaff

plus, let's not forget the "Mcguyver factor".....the ability to turn ordinary objects, into useful tools for specific purposes. it's our big, fat, turgid, blood-filled, brain, baby

Robot zombies are coming after our BRAIIINNNNNSSSSSSSSS.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join