It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers Beat Homless Man With Pipe, Urinate on Him, Claim Trump Inspired Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
From Boston.com:

The 58-year-old homeless man was asleep next to Dorchester’s John F. Kennedy/UMass stop when he woke up to the brothers urinating on him, police said. They then punched him and beat him with a metal pole, police added.

The two brothers, Scott and Steve Leader, were on their way home from the Red Sox game on Wednesday night when they decided to attack the homeless man, according to police.

One of the brothers claimed to be partially inspired Trump, a Republican presidential candidate, allegedly telling police, “Donald Trump was right, all these illegals need to be deported,” the Globe reports.

This happened more than a week ago and yet I haven't seen a thread about this on ATS and I only learned about it from a link in a user's post in another thread. It was a one day media blip from a few mainstream outlets. No mention on Daily Caller, Brietbart, WND, The Blaze, etc. Meanwhile, here on ATS we've got threads for whining about the over reporting of white on black crime, how "divisive" and "racist" BLM is and of course a torrent of threads about the would be attention-whore-in-chief, Donald Trump, many singing his praises.

What's being wholly ignored is that Donald Trump has quickly devolved into using the language of identity politics to connect with the "silent majority" (obviously appealing to the TP crowd) and that his rhetoric about "taking our country back" (more TP trigger words) is resonating with the type of morons who get a few beers in them and decide to put crazy ideas into action. This isn't to say that the two attackers aren't responsible for their actions — they clearly ARE — but what does it also say about the nature of Trump's platform and message?
edit on 2015-8-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's just as wrong as any of the racism taking place throughout the country right now, it's evil. There is no excuse for this,"trump made me do it" screw that dude, and I hope these men face the maximum jail sentence. Look at society right now! What the hell is going on? People are being shot dead in the street, in church for the color of there skin, for wearing a uniform, what the # is going on here?

edit on 29-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So by that thinking we can blame anyone in favor of sanctuary cities for crimes committed by illegal immigrants.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Instead of "the Devil made me do it", we now have "the Donald made me do it".

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It says that his platform and message is over the heads of some people, and they bastardize what they heard him say into an excuse to go out and do stupid, felonious, asinine crap like this and then claim its what Trump wants.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

But at the same time, even bad publicity is still publicity in this new age...
And it's free.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The two brothers, Scott and Steve Leader, were on their way home from the Red Sox game on Wednesday night

What happens the next time they are at the game and someone yells, 'kill the ump'? Maybe it's time to ban baseball and talk of the sport.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Clearly this isn't evidence of a rash of Trump-inspired violence against Latinos or the homeless but I think the fact that one of them made a point of mentioning Trump in his statement to police should give people pause to contemplate what Trump is saying and the baser emotions his message is tailored to appeal to.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They'd have found some other excuse.

Stupid, evil people will always find a reason to do whatever it is they do...

Always.

Trump could have said he's for open borders and those to micro-cephalic dunderheads would have found some other "reason" to do it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Oh I agree trump is a lunatic, and has about as much merit running, as his soon to be competition "deez nuts", and "deez nuts", has 9% in North Carolina, though it's a satire, the kid is actually trying to get in the ballot and probably will.Heh, i'm seriously wondering if the country is about to socially implode,look at all the news story's, and murders, and beatings, and cop injustice.Now people like trump are making head way, what the # is happening here! can you answer that for me?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This pisses me off. Why is the Donald being put in the same light as Sabbath, Zepp, etc. You know? The Satanic sect.

That said I'm still with Zepp and Sabbath.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ban The Donald!

It's the only answer.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It says that his platform and message is over the heads of some people, and they bastardize what they heard him say into an excuse to go out and do stupid, felonious, asinine crap like this and then claim its what Trump wants.

Lets change things around slightly. Lets make the attackers Muslims, the homeless man a Christian and have one of the attackers saying that he was inspired by the words of a cleric? Now the cleric in question didn't say go out and beat Christians and urinate on them, but maybe he said "they rape our women" and "take from us" and don't "deserve to be here."

Would this be a hate crime? An act of terrorism? Would Trump and the right-wing MSM and blogosphere stop at blaming these men or would they use it as evidence of the evil influence of "radical Islam?" Would they be right or wrong? Is it really that much different?

I maintain the position that people are responsible for their actions but that doesn't mean we shouldn't denounce beliefs that inspire these actions be they radical interpretations of Islam or radical interpretations of Conservatism.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

As much as I dislike Trump and his insane theatrics, it strains credulity to blame this in any way on Trump. I have no doubt that who these people were before they ever heard of Trump is no different than who they are now.

This attempt to link Trump to this is just more divisive partisan nonsense in an election cycle.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes I agree 100% led zeppelin in my honest opinion is the best band to have ever lived, and not to derail the thread,but people need to listen to more of this, which is pure poetry maybe it would help calm some of the societal breakdown we are witnessing across the world,and in this thread in America

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: intrepid

Yes I agree 100% led zeppelin in my honest opinion is the best band to have ever lived, and not to derail the thread...

It's not derailing. I think this is a good analogy. Back in my day they said those bands promoted Satan. This is the same. I'm in NO way a Trump fan but I can see BS when I see it.
edit on 29-8-2015 by intrepid because: Syantax.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

See, that's where you're wrong. It WAS reported on the main stream media. I even gave you examples from NYTs and CNN in the other thread. You ran with this one once I posted it thinking that it was evidence of just what you're claiming and it's not. If you had done a search like I did to actually find the information, you would have found all of the main stream links to this very topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Would Trump and right wingers call it terrorism? No idea. I would say there would be some that would, probably. All of them? I don't think so. Would I? No. Then again I prefer to stick with the legal definition of terrorism, and not whatever it's morphed in to on any given day.

These two yahoos didn't suddenly wake up one day and decide to beat up a homeless Hispanic on their way home from a ball game. Trump didn't inspire them to do it. He may be who one or both of them are pointing to as their reason (though to me that's pretty debatable, since all the one brother said is "Trump is right"). A little backstory goes a long way: Scott Leader was convicted of a hate crime after beating up a Moroccan shortly after 9/11. Both brothers have a fairly extensive criminal history. This wasn't just two guys who saw a Trump sound bite and said "by golly he's right!" and then attacked somebody. They've been doing it for a while now.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You won't find any empathy here amongst Trump supporters. He could perform abortions in the White House lawn and his supporters would still vote for him based on what he said about Mexicans and how he'll deport them. Trump has found his base and his base is the angry white man, that is sick of "political correctness" whatever the hell that means.

What's even more sickening is how Donald Trump responded to this sick act of racism and xenophobia -

"I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate," Trump said. "They love this country, they want this country to be great again."

CNN

Trump knows what his base wants to hear, that's why he has recently started to use the term "Silent Majority" again.
edit on 29-8-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Parents must be proud. Good grief. What in the world is wrong with some people's children.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join