It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexual Rights Now Infringing On Christian Rights ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting reactions, you can sure see which way the the wind is blowing in this current culture.

The "suck it up buttercup" attitude is disturbing. It seems the concept of a conscience alludes some posters.

For the record I have worked in the service industry for over 25 years serving homosexuals, lesbians and even a few Transgenders which are embedded within the general public without issue. I treat them like any other customer.

At what point will Christians stand up for their basic rights or are they slowly boiling like the frog in the hot water, not willing to jump out and make waves. What will it take, banning the bible as hate literature ?

Has tolerance become a one way street ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What basic rights are Christians lacking in?

For the record, as a service worker, would you support one of your Christian co-workers refusing to serve a gay couple a celebratory meal or cake on their wedding anniversary?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

For the record I have worked in the service industry for over 25 years serving homosexuals, lesbians and even a few Transgenders which are embedded within the general public without issue. I treat them like any other customer.

At what point will Christians stand up for their basic rights or are they slowly boiling like the frog in the hot water, not willing to jump out and make waves. What will it take, banning the bible as hate literature ?

Has tolerance become a one way street ?

So you haven't broken any non-discrimination laws. Great!

Non-discrimination laws apply to everyone - not just to those who agree with them.

If a person refuses to sell the same product or service to one group that he is willing to sell to everyone else, that is discrimination. Certain groups are legally protected from discrimination in public accommodations. Christians are one of those groups. In many states, gays are another one of those groups. A gay person can't refuse to sell the same product or service to a Christian that he sells to everyone else, because that would go against the non-discrimination laws. See how it works both ways?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What basic rights are Christians lacking in?

For the record, as a service worker, would you support one of your Christian co-workers refusing to serve a gay couple a celebratory meal or cake on their wedding anniversary?

That is a really difficult question to answer, but it gets down to a matter of conscience, if my co-worker thought they were violating there own conscience, I am not master of anybody faith but my own.
I support people not violating their own personal conscious. There are some grey area's within the Christian faith.

If gay people came to Jesus and asked him to make a table for them, I think he would, but if they said hey come to our wedding, I don't think he would be going to that.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If gay people came to Jesus and asked him to make a table for them, I think he would, but if they said hey come to our wedding, I don't think he would be going to that.

Nonsense! There are gay Christians, and if gay Christians asked Jesus to their wedding, then.....

19"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh, nonsense you say, what do you think Jesus would say if asked if he
supported his Fathers choice to fire bomb Sodom ?

edit on 29-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You are sorely mistaken if you believe that Sodom was "fire bombed", as you say, because of homosexuality.

Ezekiel 16:49
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Sodom was "punished" according to the Bible, for inhospitably.

This is what Jesus, supposedly, had to say about inhospitable people like that.

Matthew 10:14
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That is a really difficult question to answer,

Well, it shouldn't be because you're saying the "Rights" of Christians are being trampled on by the "Rights" of Homosexuals. Well, what "Rights" would those be then???

If it's really difficult to answer what "Rights" those are it's probably because they don't exist in the first place and what you're talking about aren't "Rights" at all.

As I said earlier, I've never heard of any list or "Rights" that were considered "Christian Rights" or "Gay Rights" specifically. As far as I know, they don't exist. The only "Rights" that exist are those called "Equal Rights" or "Civil Rights" and they apply to all of us. If there is a special list of "Rights" somewhere that only apply to "Christians" or "Homosexuals" I'd like to see them.
edit on 29-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Not sure why everyone is blathering on about "reassigning" this guy to another bus route, he hasn't even been assigned to the rainbow bus.

All he's done is stood up on his soapbax and bitched to the nearest media outlet that was willing to give him an ear and his 3 minutes of fame.

You know what I say to rookie employees (this guy's only been a bus driver for a year) who don't want to do their job as per contract agreement when they signed on ?

"There's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out. I've got ten other people waiting in line for your job."

Bitching and whining... seems to be the new fad for the 21st century.

Is it any wonder employers are bringing in workers from other countries that would give their left nut to have our "problems" ??

Pfft.

Entitlement mentality indeed.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: grandmakdw
Instead of going through your ridiculous examples one by one, if a business person ALREADY provides a service to the public (such as cooking pork or serving alcohol, making wedding cakes, catering events) they should do it for everyone.

On the other hand, if they DO NOT provide a service (such as cooking meat, providing KKK or dead baby decorations) they should not be forced to do it for anyone.

So, if the bus driver drives a city bus, he should drive ANY city bus, regardless of the color.

It's really simple. People shouldn't be permitted to refuse service to someone simply because they don't approve of them.

You don't get it do you?

It has nothing to do with the color of the bus, it has to do with what it stands for and what it supports.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Nonsense! There are gay Christians, and if gay Christians asked Jesus to their wedding, then.....

19"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

This is silly...... there are no gay Christians.......there are those who are gay and say they are Christians but they are not. Anti-gay teachings are in both OT and NT.

As I have said time and time again......it is so easy to twist scripture to make your point. Just like you have done above.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

That's a good one, an entire district obliterated because they wouldn't provide food and lodging to strangers.

No, it was so bad, that they wanted to rape the visiting angels, I guess wanting to rape visitors could be considered inhospitable as well

Genesis 19: 4&5

Before they could lie down to sleep, the men of the city—the men of Sod′om from boy to old man, all of them—surrounded the house in one mob. 5 And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: “Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may have sex with them.”

So I guess your right visitors were treated very poorly.
And Sodomy is word with legitimate origins.
edit on 30-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

There are gay Christians....
You on the other hand may call yourself a Christian but do not display Christian like behavior on ATS.
More like anti christian.
"Kill em all let God sort em out".

www.gaychristian.net...
edit on 30-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The bus "stands for" public transportation and equality. Does the name "Rosa Parks" ring a bell?

The bus driver has no say in the advertising that goes on the bus he drives. The bus is still public transportation and anyone and everyone can ride it, not just LGBTQ or straights or people who always agree with judgmental Christians.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Nonsense! There are gay Christians,

Oh really. Well good luck convincing all the "Gay Christians" that they don't exist. I'm sure they'll disagree with you.

One more example of how Religion brings people together for the glory of God!!

Some people are so predictable. BTW, Wake Up!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
If everyone agrees that a caterer who is Muslim
MUST cook and serve pork if requested by a non-Muslim,

Christians shouldn't be eating pork either - it says so in the bible.

However there is nothing in the bible says don't drive buses for gay people.

edit on 30-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: quote tag

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with the color of the bus, it has to do with what it stands for and what it supports.

What DOES it stand for? What's wrong with what the flag stands for?

Red = Life
Orange = Healing
Yellow = Sun
Green = Nature
Royal Blue = Harmony (Serenity)
Violet = Spirit

Some say it stands for Freedom, Peace, Equality, Diversity... Yeah, I thought these would be Christian values and ideals. If this driver doesn't believe in those ideals, he should get another job.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh gawd when oh when will christians catch a break?.....

Is there a passage or mention in the bible about being/not being a lifetime victim?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

This is silly...... there are no gay Christians.......there are those who are gay and say they are Christians but they are not. Anti-gay teachings are in both OT and NT.

As I have said time and time again......it is so easy to twist scripture to make your point. Just like you have done above.

How dare you tell people that they can't be Christians if they're gay and live a gay lifestyle, yet you have no judgement or condemnation for, and readily accept Christian adultery, everyday without a second thought! You are the worse kind of hypocrite that there is!
edit on 30-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That's a good one, an entire district obliterated because they wouldn't provide food and lodging to strangers.

No, it was so bad, that they wanted to rape the visiting angels, I guess wanting to rape visitors could be considered inhospitable as well

Genesis 19: 4&5

Before they could lie down to sleep, the men of the city—the men of Sod′om from boy to old man, all of them—surrounded the house in one mob. 5 And they kept calling out to Lot and saying to him: “Where are the men who came in to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may have sex with them.”

So I guess your right visitors were treated very poorly.
And Sodomy is word with legitimate origins.

The word "sex" is a mistranslated. The word is "to know". All visitors of Sodom were required to "register" with a local jusge and get permission to stay in the city. The "angels" were fine staying in the square, but Lot, knowing what would happen to them in the square, bid them to stay at his house.

And the cities of Sodom had four judges to four cities, and these were their names, Serak in the city of Sodom, Sharkad in Gomorrah, Zabnac in Admah, and Menon in Zeboyim.

3 And by desire of their four judges the people of Sodom and Gomorrah had beds erected in the streets of the cities, and if a man came to these places they laid hold of him and brought him to one of their beds, and by force made him to lie in them.

4 And as he lay down, three men would stand at his head and three at his feet, and measure him by the length of the bed, and if the man was less than the bed these six men would stretch him at each end, and when he cried out to them they would not answer him.

5 And if he was longer than the bed they would draw together the two sides of the bed at each end, until the man had reached the gates of death.

6 And if he continued to cry out to them, they would answer him, saying, Thus shall it be done to a man that cometh into our land.

7 And when men heard all these things that the people of the cities of Sodom did, they refrained from coming there.

And when a poor man came to their land they would give him silver and gold, and cause a proclamation in the whole city not to give him a morsel of bread to eat, and if the stranger should remain there some days, and die from hunger, not having been able to obtain a morsel of bread, then at his death all the people of the city would come and take their silver and gold which they had given to him.

9 And those that could recognize the silver or gold which they had given him took it back, and at his death they also stripped him of his garments, and they would fight about them, and he that prevailed over his neighbor took them.

10 They would after that carry him and bury him under some of the shrubs in the deserts; so they did all the days to any one that came to them and died in their land.

Book of Jasher, Chapter 19

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join