It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ashamed to be a conspiracist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I do know what you mean though, don't get me wrong! Lol! some things are possible, but not probable. I only meant to make a point yah know?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Being honest saves time. It's better to tell her now and deal with the potential consequences of it than to let it sit until you're too far in for it to hurt if it ruins stuff.

I don't have a lot of people in my life because I'm excessively honest and rude. The people who are around accept me for who I am. People who do not accept me for who I am end up being a huge pain in my ass.
I feel this can apply to everyone. If they accept you, then you need to be the you that you are so there isn't any confusion on their end as to who the you is that they're accepting.
If you're not you with them, then they're hanging out with someone else and you(the you that you are) end up being a third wheel...and we all know that three is the loneliest number.

In closing, be you. It's all that you can do. Oh, and please use the term "Conspiracy Theorist" in future when describing yourself.
A "conspiracist" is someone who supports a conspiracy theory, where as a person concerned with the theoretical aspects of the subject of a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful is a "conspiracy theorist"...We can believe one way or the other, but to seek the truth requires impartiality; as the truth doesn't care who's write or wrong. Deal with the whys and the hows. Support fact over fiction. Make sure it all sees the light of day, has it's time in the sun.
edit on 2882015 by TheRedRook because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am always referring to ATS as "the conspiracy sight I frequent". Those who know me well enough to have heard this phrase get a kick out of it. Some of the stuff from here comes out in all sorts of situations! (I can't tell how often I have referenced ATS in the youth Sunday school class I sometimes teach!)

But I also understand not wanting to seem off your rocker.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter
Only if it used in a derogatory manor which is the norm.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist, just a critical thinker who's open to wherever the evidence takes me. I wouldn't be with someone who doesn't get it nor would I be ashamed of it.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Funcaldunkal because: Left something out.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ashamed? No. But, I do realize that the average person has several misconceptions about us. So, I'd rather "confess" to it after a person has had a chance to get to know me, versus fighting against these misconceptions and snap judgements. I typically like to use the cases of actual, real conspiracies (i.e. proven conspiracies) to show that indeed, there is REASON to suspect we aren't always being told the truth.

The GOOD thing about today, is that more and more, folks KNOW we can't trust that the government or media are telling us the whole truth, so conspiracy theorists are more than ever, at least understood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join