It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ashamed to be a conspiracist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So I have posted a few threads about this girl I met earlier this month. I brought up the fact in a thread that on the second date with her she told me she had herpes. There is something so liberating about someone telling you something like that, I instantly felt okay to totally be myself and tell her every embarrassing thing about me, everything, and I have had some stuff happen that I just couldn't even tell a professional therapist, yeah that bad.

Except one thing, I can't seem to admit to her that I am a conspiracist and that I frequent ATS on a daily basis. I am actually more embarrassed about that then anything else about myself. I am not sure exactly why but I just cant bring myself to tell her my true beliefs about reality.

ATS makes me feel like a junkie, always returning for my next fix of conspiracy or fringe straight to the vein or in freebase form when I am feeling froggy.

Do any of you feel the same way? Do you hide your ATS addiction from your dates or even your friends?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No. My husband, daughter, mother, EVERYONE knows I'm a little off in the head.

Celebrate it is what I say!!

But seriously... It's only because the news and stuff always paints this community as nut cases and that can give one a complex if we allow it. DON'T allow it.

Just tell her.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

She had unrestricted sex... you have unrestricted thinking.

You both see things differently now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Nope, don't hide it at all, don't care. ATS is a great starting point to research both conspiracy theories and conspiracy facts.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/27.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It depends on the person and/or setting.

Feel her out and probe only subjects she doesn't feel uncomfortable with, when you have to withdraw.
If you like her enough to risk getting sick then at some point you have to let her see the real you. I find most people consider this stuff mainstream now anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You should be proud to be a critical thinker, everyone who knows me knows they will get a good conversation on any topic as long as facts, truth and evidence is part of the discussion.

Sometimes, you have to break others out of the matrix.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I tell people what I've seen here. Some of it, anyway. Am I ashamed of being a free thinker and questioning things? Nope. Not one damn bit.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I only post my conspiracies on the Ashley Madison websi- . . . . . wait, what?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with conspiracy...

My ex knew I was conspiracist from day one.
Also knew I was staunchly anti-Zionist.

Honestly if someone can't accept that, I wouldn't wanna be with them.

You shouldn't either, whatever your preference.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
On a serious note though, I don't hide it at all. it makes some people cock any eye to me at first.. converted some just talking, but they all went full retard in under 60 seconds grasping every thing anywhere, and came to me inundating me with all these "Did you know..." questions that made me feign being late to avoid them and sneak away at lunch - during study in 2008.. lmao.. hope none are still here now reading this
if there is: I didn't die of liver failure - yet - guys, yay !!

lol

right, serious note.. Oo

I don't hide much of anything... what I have to hide is an old skins memory - some old things catch me off guard occasionally. but I deal with it.. now hehe.. mostly.

here's a sign I tell people that think I odd for till they google it.. 11:11.. last night I was cleaning (a man cleaning? haha rite) and upside down I looked at the pc, which was on ATS, to see if I had any new alerts/notifications. I sat down and saw it was 11:11

Aaaaand as usual I take note of it. for me it denotes bad tings..
haha as I type this, the rain starts

as I looked down mid typing this pondering it, ... 11:11 - a portal from now to last night, same position, same website.. lol ok maybe not.. but the rain is nice and heavy on my creaky old tin roof that plays a mad set of cymbal solos in the wind when it gets like this. The neighbours copped a souvenir last time - the used instrument, a large chunk of tin in their back yard. They loved it. They must have, it disappeared and they didn't ever say a thing. They moved out shortly after, so that was nice of them.

11:11 - one conspiracy to incite a conversation into conspiracy stuffs if not a segway to see if you pique their interest.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Am i ashamed to be a conspiracy theorist?

HELL NO!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't really see myself as a conspiracy theorist, to be honest. I'm more of a... person who enjoys a huge variety of subjects and is open-minded to reading different ideas, even if I don't agree with/believe in them.

Everybody who knows me knows that I'm "weird". I like talking about whatever is going on, I like writing stories, I enjoy listening to what people have to say and I'm interested in their beliefs. So most people feel comfortable telling me things they would normally be ashamed of, or things they wouldn't normally share cause others wouldn't care.

I have extremely low self-esteem, but this is actually a trait of mine that I like. I honestly wish more people would be all "well, while I honestly can never see this being true, please tell me more, I find it interesting and would like to know more about your opinions and why you think this".

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
No. I don't consider myself a conspiracist or conspiracy theorist.

I'm just someone perusing the internet at various locations trying to sift the signal from the noise and add to my knowledge, while being skeptically agnostic about it all. Some things pass mustard and get added to my knowledge base. Some things seem improbable but are kept in the back of my mind for future reference. Other things get largely discarded.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I can relate.
The fact of the matter is that these fringe topics are what interest me and there is NOONE in my life that even come close to having the type of ideas about reality that I do.
I'm not saying that my friends and family are idiots, incapable of abstract thought. However, ignorance is bliss and they are sheep. Not that they mean to be, but the majority of society are just that, sheep. They go to work, come home, turn on the devil box, and are fed what it is to be normal.
Even the love of my life sort of looks at me like I'm nuts when I talk about the things that interest me. He says that he doesn't think I'm crazy, but I can tell that he doesn't usually comprehend the things that I'm talking about and therefore dismisses them.
My family would rather believe that I'm a bi-polar and that I should take a pill that numbs my emotions so I can conform to society and live a " normal" life. It's easier to write me off as crazy then to consider that I may be an Indigo adult, who coincidentally are often labled as ADHD, bi-polar, and on the fringes of society. Even though my characteristics fit into that category perfectly.
So I feel your pain, its embarrassing. They would rather us be embarrassed and ashamed of our beliefs than admit that there may be something amiss with the way they are living, because that's what the majority have been taught to conform to since birth.
If she can't at least accept that you have these interests then she's not the one. She doesn't have to believe what you do, but if she respects you than she won't belittle you for believing what you do. And if she does, you should kick her butt to the curb, because mutual respect is the main ingredient in every successful relationship.
We should be proud of the fact that our eyes aren't closed like most people's are.
Personally, if it weren't for sites like this, I would have very little mental stimulation and that used to really suck. I'm so glad I found a bunch of weirdos, just like me, to share my ideas with and who have open minds.
Ty- hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, the study and interest goes beyond this site of course. While not considering myself a label, but am interested in it. Most friends, family, and ones I'd had join for the most part know-minus professional interest or "sensitive" family and friends.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Except one thing, I can't seem to admit to her that I am a conspiracist.

I understand. Couldn't be with someone who doesn't want to chat about bigfoot and aliens.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Bananashooter...

I am known in the circles I mix in, as the "old one" the "wise one" and "the wizard", amongst other monikers that I have acquired over the years. The reason for this, is that I am always coming out with unexpected stuff, that sometimes confuses, and sometimes amazes, and often times shoots right out over the head of my immediate social circle.

Everyone I consider a close personal friend knows that I spend my spare seconds in discussion of topics above my academic qualification level, in terms of complexity and that I do it here. I recommend this site to as many people as possible, and a few of my friends have dipped in and lurked on occasion, just for laughs largely speaking. But they all know where in am to be found late at night, or early in the morning, where I let loose the bound thoughts within my head.

Most of them appreciate the fact that the site exists, if only so that I do not constantly rant about politics in their earshot. Many of them understand that without this vital online resource, I would probably be an absolute boredom peddler, in that they find the topics in which I am interested either boring, or too complicated to have fun with. That's all very well for them, but most of them would readily admit that they have no idea how my brain works, or why it seems that I can discuss mundane things with them and still be contemplating the shape and weight of the universe, or the perfidy and under handedness of bankers and politicians in a detailed manner, silently, within my head.

I feel no shame regarding my membership here. I feel honoured to be here, and to be able to take part in discussion here, and relieved as well, since without this outlet, this resource, my mind would be numb with banalities and everyday irrelevances, and I can think of nothing worse than such a lack of stimulation. No, I am proud to be a member here, and proud to have a mind which does not operate in a purely linear fashion. Each to their own of course, but I would no more deny my membership here, than I would deny my own name.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Non conspiracy theorist just need educating. We are not conspiracy theorists but more of a pioneer in free thought.
We are freedom fighters for thought.

IF ONLY EVERYONE KNEW WHAT WE THINK WE KNOW. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just be yourself.

If ATS and conspiracies are part of who you are and how you look at things and the world around you she'd might like to know if she's serious.

Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box and being objective.

Who knows, that just might be the thing that solidifies you two as a couple.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I'm ashamed of being ashamed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join