It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix, From Joe Rogan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
edit : Ok I got here in time hopefully, thanks to those who replied.

This video is Joe Rogan talking about how computing tech has advanced so quickly, that it could be possible that we're already living in a matrix. I don't take any stance on this, I just thought it was a good video, and to be honest, "explaining" it, ruins the vid, so I'm done. This is just here so that mods don't delete the thread because of a lack of explanation, or whatever.

So maybe, if you feel that it's best to do so, disregard everything I've already said here, every word you've just read, and just enjoy the short vid if you can.

edit on 27-8-2015 by robhines because: edited

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: robhines

But didn't big daddy overlord just run a thread a couple of days ago saying that videos with no real commentary by the OP would be scratched? You may have said all you need to say to post a vid but to keep it here from the viscious mods will take a bit more.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

in my opinion, "virtual reality" experience is all that we perceive as matter and everything that included in it (feeling senses dreams separation etc... pure energy is the "real world"
pure energy is god and we are part of this infinite force.

its not quite the same as a computer game.
edit on 27-8-2015 by vArchon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by vArchon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: robhines
I said all I needed to in the title basically. Commentary is within the vid :

No, actually you did not.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed the video to be honest. It's strange because when he talks about reality you start to think. Well at least I did.

Got my brain juices flowing...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Thanks people, I used to post here in the past and didn't know it'd changed like this. Text added to first post, hopefully we're cool now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Thanks people, I used to post here in the past and didn't know it'd changed like this. Text added to first post, hopefully we're cool now.

Like Winter in New England

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

What are you talking about?
It's never been okay to post a video with no explanation.

And this thread has been done dozens of times now.
It's an interesting idea but there is really no way to currently verify it. But it's definitely not a new idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

What are you talking about?
It's never been okay to post a video with no explanation.

And this thread has been done dozens of times now.
It's an interesting idea but there is really no way to currently verify it. But it's definitely not a new idea.

Of course it's not a new idea. I've been into this stuff for a decade and a half. I saw the film at a cinema when it came out in '99. Some things are just good to bring back now and then, incase we get stuffed up with crap and forget some of the older ideas that might make more sense in a weird way.

It's an idea, a theory. I don't think I'm breaking new ground, I'm not that stupid. I was modding a matrix site over a decade ago, I've seen and read all types of theories connected to the matrix. It's just a short vid I liked, and I like the way Joe Rogan explains it.

Sometimes it's not so much about the content, as it is the way in that it's delivered. Joe is cool, the matrix theory is interesting to many of us (including some top philosophers and scientists), so I posted it.
edit on 27-8-2015 by robhines because: edited

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's a new thread with a simple, short vid, in the hope that some people like it and maybe think a little.

There's no need at all to over think it and get all serious about why the thread should or shouldn't be relevant. Of course people have posted about the matrix before, I mean seriously, that's so obvious. And they will carry on doing so. It's an interesting theory for some of us. If you dislike it, you can simply leave the thread and move on to something else.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I agree. This level sucks. I want the next level or pop in another game for christsakes!
edit on 27-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You know, it would certainly explain the "agh! I'm in a new timeline thread".

Think about it, human error in programming the movies where in the simulation some movies or books are misspelled or misquoted. I smell a conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

People that wonder if they are controlled or not…. are. Yes, this is a construct, a Matrix, you are really asleep to the truth…

Just that you are really real, not asleep in a bathtub and the juice (money) you produce is the battery. The life we live nowadays is almost the only one we are given to choose from.

The whole trick is to be in it but not of it, in the world but not of it, not a product of this world. Can you keep from becoming the perfect citizen, the good Roman, not striving to provide for the providers?

Lots of luck, minions.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yes, this is a construct, a Matrix, you are really asleep to the truth...

If I am, then fair enough. I was sharing a 2min clip from youtube, not making a thread about my own level of awareness.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yes, this is a construct, a Matrix, you are really asleep to the truth...

If I am, then fair enough. I was sharing a 2min clip from youtube, not making a thread about my own level of awareness.

And the minions quip wasn't directed at you, sorry. I forget to reply to thread sometimes and click in the OP. We are all minions of the state on some level.

The effort is placed on trying to do that as little as possible, to support independence or interdependence, not dependence on the state.

If everyone would just do that, the controllers would evaporate for lack of funds… zzzt.

ETA: By they way, that videos perspective reminds me of Koyaanisqatsi, time lapse studies of human bits become art. A taste…

edit on 27-8-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: vArchon

Agreed.
We are in a matrix so to speak, because everything we see, taste, touch, smell and hear is all part of the illusion. At the very core everything is made up of energy.
But do I think our "real" bodies are in some machine that allows our minds to experience this reality? No, I don't think so, personally.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No doubt that we are in some sort of Matrix. Like the poster above states though, the question is whether or not we are a computer program? I mean to some extent you have to think we are. I mean someone created us, someone gave us a code (DNA). Today we have programs like SimCity or The Sims. Like Rogan said, advance that 1000 years. Each of us will have that ability to control a game. Create what we want in that game. The AI will not know a difference of reality because it does not know another way. Quite honestly it's complex to even think about and we would never truly know the answer. I dont really want to know anyways.

Essentially we will be living the Matrix, within the Matrix, within the Matrix...and it keeps going and going.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NaughtyLibrarian

You explained what i meant perfectly.

But do I think our "real" bodies are in some machine that allows our minds to experience this reality? No, I don't think so, personally.

i may be wrong, but in my opinion, this pure energy is in it self aware and conscious.
so mattermass take part in this virtual reality because it sort of separate itself from the endless energetic world. only by changing state of form.
my meaning of pure energy is- nothing we can measure , unlike mass or an electric charge
it goes much deeper than we think (CERN, quantum mechanic , etc) , in my humble opinion...

Tanks for your comment

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So far, it's a power issue, we just don't have the POWAH to even have remotely close to A.I. and to simulate a whole world present with all 7+ billion souls, the power needed to handle all that would be insane.

Not to mention the glitches, we're human, we error, A.I.'s would need to of written this and then we wrote the A.I. so who is to say all works as it should?

Then you have cheats and backdoors, if it's digital, it's basically everything and anything all rolled into nothing, meaning, if you know what you're doing, you have no limits, you could corrupt the whole simulation.

We'll have a second earth, in a new Augmented Reality within the next 10 years I say, we'll have the Internet 2.0, a virtual representation of the earth online and we'll all be searching cat videos and playing the new game via our own bodies.

Websites? nope, Web Properties...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And the minions quip wasn't directed at you, sorry. I forget to reply to thread sometimes and click in the OP. We are all minions of the state on some level.

No probs, apologies from me too, to you and anyone else that's been bugged(!) by the thread, have been a bit combative from the first post really (once edited.) I just thought I was going to run into issues and it was winding me up, as it's simply a 2 min clip that I thought was inspiring for various reasons and wanted to share it. I haven't posted a thread in a while either, so forgot the need for the whole explanation part in the first post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join