It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of warships.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have been playing world of warships the past week or so.

Must admit I'm hooked.
I have gone for the Japanese fleet and have stumped up cash for the Atago (awesome cruiser).
Anyhow it is free to play so download it, it is very strategical and tense.
My best game was in a Japanese destroyer (torpedoes are awesome) and I went around the edge of the map and found the other teams two aircraft carriers torped those and came around the back of three battleships and sunk two before I attempted a ram on the last...failed

Anyhow here is some gameplay.

Glowingmonkey is my Captains name.

Oh and If anyone knows any decent ww2 navy movies tell me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

J. E. Macdonnell is probably the best and most descriptive author of naval battles in the era you are playing. Perhaps you may look him up. Some great strategic battles particularly against the Japanese in WWII. Enjoy your gaming.

Kind Regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Looks good.

Is it available for the xb one?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Don't think so it is just in beta at the moment.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
totaly agree, highly addictive, great fun, worth the download!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Is there a single player sandbox mode or campaign? I don't do MMOs or purely online competitive modes. Also, how much if at all does it penalize you in terms of time sinks or grinding or what have you if you never engage in any microtransactions?

Peace.
edit on 8/26/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

The grind is as bad as world of tanks, it is in beta so you can team up v AI or against other people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thanks. Playing World of tanks on the xb for the last couple of weeks. Pretty good also.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I've been playing it on and off for a while. Interesting game and game play. I'm currently learning the ins and outs of torpedo destroyers at this time. It's a fun game when played with squaddies that you trust (and voice commo.) Without voice commo, it's much harder to coordinate.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Looks like a cool game. I'm going to pass it along to a buddy who's a gamer. He'll like this. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Played a few days when the beta came out, its a cool game but i got tired of the grind from world of tanks, so im going to pass.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've put probably 12 or so hours into it in the past couple weeks. Unlocked a destroyer, the st. louis, 2 more japanese cruisers, and the south carolina. It keeps my attention for an hour or 2 at a time and is pretty fun. Not too many other games like this out there currently (atleast this type of naval combat and also pretty good graphics). It's also free to play.

Paying money really does unlock better ships really really quick, but there's a good amount of content there to overshadow that IMO. If there was less content then I would say this would be a pay to win type of game. After unlocking your first few ships, the game does turn into a pretty big grind since the higher tier ships get extremely expensive with level up points, but it's not too bad if you're having fun and time starts flying by pretty fast.

Also, when it comes to free to play games, the player base has some problems. Every single games there's at least a person or 2 that just sits there and complains, yells at others for no reason, offers no help, etc.... Kind of like COD kids but no voice chat thankfully. (I swear, in other f2p games like LoL, the player base is absolutely horrendous. Worse than COD by far). Still, there are a few other players that try to help new people and try to work as a team.

Anyways, it's still a fun game, graphics are great, a good amount of content/progression, and it's free.
edit on 27-8-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join