It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Water Finder: www.findaspring.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, here's a little gem I just found: www.findaspring.com...

Point, click and find a fresh water spring near you! Don't forget to add one that you might know of. Or keep it a secret for the time when you-know-what hits the thingy.

Complete with google maps and coordinates.

Cruising through it I had a moment of WTF? Are we really at this stage? With all of our waterways getting polluted, sold, stolen...I guess we just might be.

Anyhoo...A nice way to kill a little time and maybe learn something to store away for future reference. I can see that it has a long way to go just by looking at Canada and the few sites listed. For instance, Manitoba has over 100,000 lakes alone. And fresh water up North? Abundant.

Sample info for one spot in NS:

4972 Route 1
Weymouth, NS B0W 3T0
Get Directions →

Description

A dual pipe spring well known to the locals. It sits in front of the former Jones Bottling Company. I was told it’s unused run-off from the bottling company, provided by the generous owner. The water is cold, crystal clear, and refreshing.

Nearest Address

4972 Route 1 ( known as the 8 mile loop) Weymouth, NS

Directions from Nearest Address

From Digby, heading South on Route 101, take Route 1 towards Weymouth. This is known as the 8 mile loop. The spring will be on the left side of the road. It can’t be missed. You can actually fill a container from your car window.

Vital Information

Fee: No Fee
Access: Public
Flow: Continuous

TDS: 46 PPM
Temp: 53 F
pH: 6.57

Jude

edit on 24-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thanks heaps. Checking it out now to see if a few springs I know of are on there... some are pretty well hidden with our water table here.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
Thanks heaps. Checking it out now to see if a few springs I know of are on there... some are pretty well hidden with our water table here.

If you add a few make sure to keep one or 2 for yourself.

Jude

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Very cool. Only one in Cincinnati listed, and it's on the opposite side of town... Maybe I can find some closer to the east side and post 'em!

Thanks for showing us this!

-Alee

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I know of a few in Oklahoma that aren't listed on that site. Guess those are the ones I'll be keeping to myself.

top topics

join