It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss The Subject Matter In Thread!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good people of ATS,

I have recently been contacted by a member of this site, who found it necessary to respond to my thoughts in a thread on immigration and other related issues, by way of a U2U.

Now, those who know me, know that I have no problem with folk contacting me on a variety of topics, for assistance, for companionship, or just to shoot the breeze as it were, but I object to people deciding that rather than commenting in thread, they will take the discussion out of the thread, and use that opportunity to discuss how my my avatar annoys them, or some other such flim flam.

So let's all get something straight shall we? If you have a comment to make in response to a post of mine, hit reply. Say what you have to say to me, in front of everyone who cares to read the comment. The chances are, that if one is in a mood to be objectionable, that if it is REALLY worth saying, you will say it anyway, despite the risks associated there with. Have the bottle to do it where people other than me will read it... Essentially, if you have something to say to me, relating to something you read in one of my posts, then say it where it can be read in context...

My inbox is open to anyone who wants to talk about the issues, and anyone who just wants to chat some junk and hang out, but it is not an extension of whatever thread you saw my activity in, and it sure as hell is not the place to come to get a shot in below the radar.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Here, Here! and you get a star
everyone needs to get on here and star the $#*t out this.
You go TrueBrit!!!!
And your avatar is awesome

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have liked all of your posts, as far as I know. The avatar..cool.

You are right. People should answer in the thread. The only time I have U2U anyone over a thread is to warn them that they should edit something to avoid a warning. Not you, though.

Edit: I have had some sort of mean U2Us out of thread-now that I look through. I usually answer with 'what are you talking about?"

edit on 24-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I comment on your avatar being unique and wonder how happy is your bladder?
You are well written, intelligent, and bloody hilarious at times.

Was I supposed to U2U this to avoid thread drift?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Edit: I have had some sort of mean U2Us out of thread-now that I look through. I usually answer with 'what are you talking about?"

I have been insulted and threatened via U2U...what kind of moron would even think that would be effective?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Another reply, so another star.
You didn't go off topic here.
That's the point.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes, sir! This is me clicking my heels together and snapping you a smart salute. It's not the one or two finger variety. Damn near gave myself a concussion with that one. Happy?
All kidding aside, I agree. I don't see the need to discuss a thread topic outside of a thread (U2U) unless it would derail the thread by going off on a tangent.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Thanks a lot, Obama!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I can U2U for companionship? Done.

No one U2U's me. I'm one of the lucky ones.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

reldra,

You are simply doing it right, and there is nothing wrong with that what so ever! Sometimes you have to get in and let someone know that there may be a T&C issue, or a link to a prohibited site in their OP or post, and that's just doing right by your fellow members, but there are right ways, and wrong ways to use the U2U, and I wanted to get the word out, where everyone can see it, so that we all know where we stand on it. It is good to know I do not stand alone on this issue

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: reldra

reldra,

You are simply doing it right, and there is nothing wrong with that what so ever! Sometimes you have to get in and let someone know that there may be a T&C issue, or a link to a prohibited site in their OP or post, and that's just doing right by your fellow members, but there are right ways, and wrong ways to use the U2U, and I wanted to get the word out, where everyone can see it, so that we all know where we stand on it. It is good to know I do not stand alone on this issue

You don't. But, swills will now be contacting you for companionship.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sounds familiar.

And you think YOU have irritating u2u "problems" ?

p.s. your avatar is excellent.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have had abuse sent to me though u2u, most of the time I delete it sometimes I alert the mods. I see it as a badge of honor, had a guy once set up a whole new account just to send me abuse, never even done them the courtesy of a response just hit delete. Honesty think that the delete button is the best way around nuisance u2us

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have had abuse sent to me though u2u, most of the time I delete it sometimes I alert the mods. I see it as a badge of honor, had a guy once set up a whole new account just to send me abuse, never even done them the courtesy of a response just hit delete. Honesty think that the delete button is the best way around nuisance u2us

That SUCKS!

Do people really have nothing better to do? The quality of aggravating bastards has really dropped this decade!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If someone is using the U2U system to abuse you, then they are also abusing the system and deserve to have the Mods alerted.

Once I had someone who was either playing around in a creepy way or simply mentally ill contact me a few times. I finally got firm with them and mentioned that I would alert the Mods if they continued. It made the behavior towards myself stop immediately.

I hope a Mod will weigh in on the thread here and throw in their two cents about what to do in your situation, True. This is a community and intimidation and mean-ness is not only wrong, its actionable. It's not "tattling" to go to the Mods if someone is abusing T&C, its helping everyone weed out the bad apples, and preventing that person from going after someone else.

Personally, I would hope they get spanked. And not in a fun way.

- AB

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

A gentleman never tells, and that would be discussing another member, and I am pretty certain there are rules against that sort of thing around here, and for good reason.

I just wanted to get it off my chest and get people thinking about this stuff a little bit is all

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds familiar.

And you think YOU have irritating u2u "problems" ?

p.s. your avatar is excellent.

I only reported the death threats.

Everything else?

I ignore or reply with my usual snark.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was once U2U'd that I was literally the most hated member on ATS recently.

That was worth a good laugh.

Was gonna put it in my signature, but thought I'd wait for a good avatar idea instead.
Still working on that.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know, xuenchen, you and I are not on the same side of pretty much anything, but I would never in a million years U2U a nasty message of any kind. (I keep it, Aboveboard, as it were.
)

You don't deserve behind the scenes rudeness for expressing your opinions and such regardless of what I think about what you post, and neither does anyone else. I'm happy to counter you publicly with my own information/facts/opinions if I think I need to but really, meh. Attempting to hurt someone isn't my thing.

If someone is being truly objectionable on the boards to where I get upset, I either need to take a break, or its something I should alert a Mod about.

Peace

AB

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join