It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's headline: we have everything to fear, and fear itself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In the news today, there is actually data. Actual stories. Real things. But they are buried by the strongest headline getter- fear.
Everywhere I look today, I see it. It's crossing all the news topics, world, local, and even in the future. The is a battle in our world, and that seems to be about controlling the fear.

And let me not start in the darkest corner of our collective paranoia about the message. (Primer. go and read ten minutes worth of your life to find out about Marshall McLuhan) I won't start by pointing fingers at anyone, because there is 360 degrees in a circle and I only have 20 little digits,- I'll even point my toes at you all.

I'm going to start with the media. And that includes us, here, as well. Stop. Stop being afraid. That's how you are controlled. The groups that want to control you, are use the media to create gossip (this includes financials) in order to move masses. The media is not any one group. Don't blame the media. It's not really a thing. It's what you believe it to be. The media is the internet. And really, not any one group controls it, even though everyone is trying to. You control you internet. (cough, cough) At least you should try and control you space by understanding it.

Today's headlines in mine own country are base on fear. My Prime Minister is trying to make me afraid. I won't bore you with political rhetoric, go and research for yourself if you want. I am CANADIAN. yeah, eh. That's there's the word. The word that can destroy fear. It can do anything because it can add it up. The word is research. If you research, you can do the math. Because everything can be put into numbers.

Today's other headline deals with numbers. And again, I won't bore you. But it's artificial. And I won't explain it more than that. There is no mystery to today's financial headlines because the numbers have been pointing to a correction for a long time. In fact, it took so long that I had to find a reason for the delay. I did. "nough said.

I won't even talk about "terror" "isms" .... Because that is scary. Oh my gosh, I crack me up. I can laugh in the face of most dangers. Except sharks. SHarks are scary. I love sharks. But they are scary. Don't eat sharks. And maybe the sharks won't eat us.

Now. How to end this mess?

The news is that they want you afraid. People who are afraid buy more products. It's just true. I know I sound crazy when I say it. But it's true and you can find lots and lots of studies. And I'm not hyping studies. There are good and bad studies. The trick is that you have to work and figure that out as well. It's hard work not being afraid. You have to balance everything. And who wants to do that? right? really? yes

... because I would love nothing better to feel better than to sit on the couch and eat all my favourite comfort foods. mmmmmm

I'm trying to lose weight. I am slimmer. That's because I'm doing the hard work and telling my body the truth. The media sells a billions and billions of diet books.

I'm going to write one. Here goes. EAT LESS. EXERCISE MORE.

I gave my son the entire idea for the book. But no one listens to me . oh hum. Where was I? I was not being afraid. Say it with me. I will not be afraid. Only real things and sharks can hurt me. Nature is beautiful and is real and is real dangerous if you're not careful. There you go. Be careful. Enjoy the savages of society but remember a mother bear will rip you apart if she thinks you are a threat to her young. If she doesn't think that, then you walk the other way and you're good. And you'll never forget the experience.

Don't be stupid. It's not okay. It is okay to love stupid humour. It is not okay to be stupid. Stupid people are afraid of stupid things. Education is not bad. There are many bad teachers and the system is completely broken but don't give up and surrender and think knowledge is the bad thing. NO. no no. It's giving up that let fear win.

I really have nothing more to say. I had some stupid writing to do later and I thought I'd warm up by writing here and fighting some of my demons. I like reading. And I like the news, and it's application to history. But man, it's so damn frustrating when everything is telling me to be so fearful that I soil my - you know.

I guess since I brought up the whole idea of data, I'd better give you the math. Math is about problems and solutions. So, what is the problem? First you need to ask a question. Okay, what is the problem? Fear.

Hmmm.. Fear eh? What is the scary thing? Humans. Oh my. That means I need to look in the mirror. Oh boy. You mean if I am the problem, then that means I am also the solution, oh my. Lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my. I am the solution. So, the only that that can shelter me against the storm is me, then so be it. I am being the media right now. I am trying to be part of the solution, right now.

If we stop making ourselves open to the fear, then "they" will stop. You are "they.

WE are me? And I am you? Stop me. Because this is my point. You must be the first one to stop.

Don't be afraid.

edit on 24-8-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/24/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Fear is popular, people lap it up like an addictive drug it sets the amygdala off in the brain. Look at 24 hour news pumping out a steady stream of fear. Ebola, Isis, natural disaster. If it bleeds it leads mentality. It's why people enjoy horror movies and roller coasters, so you can't blame the news, but the viewers who want it 24 7

There is actually very little to fear these days.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

If you look at the news and fear it, you are the problem. If you look at the news and don't take it in simply for the purpose of identifying something you may need to be prepared to react to, you are also part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
What you fearing dude share it? See if we can help

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Don't think you read my post or comprehended it

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Depends on where you live

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human
What's the worse that can happen? We all gonna die one day

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Observe what the American media tells you. Make a little list. Research the inverse (good/bad narrative) of each item on that list. You will find the real story if you can penetrate G$$gle's veil of evil.

By the way, the threats are real, fear isn't.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And fear is also used as a tool and weapon.

What is the most primal of all motivators? Fear. Loss of life or safety will motivate people like nothing else on Earth. Scaring people is the most effective way of motivating them to do what you want them to do.

Parents use fear to motivate their children to change their behavior, and in much the same way the government and media use fear to manipulate the public.

The sky is always falling according to the news. For some reason though, the sun keeps coming up and the Earth keeps turning. I swear the "end time" have been upon us now for decades. Weird.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think you read the whole thing. I said I was taking a break and then finishing my writing. (technical)

And you are so right and wrong. Yes, I am the problem, and yes I am the solution. I think that was my point.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ericblair4891

I don't think you read the whole thing. I said I was taking a break and then finishing my writing. (technical)

And you are so right and wrong. Yes, I am the problem, and yes I am the solution. I think that was my point.

??? I was responding to woodwardjnr who asked me what I was fearing. Have no clue what your response was for.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: ericblair4891

??? I was responding to woodwardjnr who asked me what I was fearing. Have no clue what your response was for.

And I was responding to you when you wrote, "

If you look at the news and fear it, you are the problem. If you look at the news and don't take it in simply for the purpose of identifying something you may need to be prepared to react to, you are also part of the problem."

you said I am also part of the problem...
we agree.

ahhhh

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That wasn't directed at anyone. A general opinion statement.my personal outlook. Don't fear but be aware
edit on 24-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Whatever you fear, if it happens it happens, deal with it then. I live with a time bomb in my head have done for 12 years, if it goes off like has a few times. I deal with whatever I have too. I don't sit around all day worrying it might go off, I wouldn't be able to live like that, whatever happens happens, you can't escape the flow of life you go with it . Go with the flow

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I dunno... I look at the news and I'm not afraid. Bad things happen everywhere, everyday (good things too). I like to be informed, I like to know what good and bad things are happening in the world. I like to know so that I can react, do the things I feel are best to do in light of whatever.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

"And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust. " (Eliot - The Wasteland")

"Don't fear those who can only kill the body
Instead fear Him who can destroy body and soul in Gehenna" (Jesus Christ)

I really like the gist of your thread. I am going through this process right now. I am letting go of all my fears. It is working big time. Seems the same for you, too.

You have got it just right. Of course we have to be conscious of threats, but we can meet them with true courage and not be cowering in a corner scared of everything in life.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I dunno... I look at the news and I'm not afraid. Bad things happen everywhere, everyday (good things too). I like to be informed, I like to know what good and bad things are happening in the world. I like to know so that I can react, do the things I feel are best to do in light of whatever.

Me, too, I like to keep informed and it is a particular interest to me to do so. However, I know my limits of what power I have to change anything and that is practically decimal. So it is pointless to worry about things I can not change.

Also, the threats that the authorities make I can only face with bravado and deal with them, realising that I have faced worse in the past and am still here smiling. We must just adapt because that is the secret to success. Evolution knows this full well. If there is less then we must make do with less and if there is more, well yippy yi yo.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Spot on!, they are really pushing the fear these days, only a one world government can save you from the boogeyman and yourselves, it's crazy how the people get so wound up by the mass media also, to have us at each others throats but at the same time these same people are unwilling to question the actions of the ones that lead us, I am guilty of this also, I guess it's easier to attack thy neighbor than call out the real issue, and that is simply put, corrupt politicians, it's nothing more sinister than that, they just answer to money and not the people, but who cares when we have fear to contend with? LOL, all messed up

drinks on me!!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I very much enjoyed reading your post. I like your sense of humor

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Cultivation theory

Cultivation theory is a social theory which examines the long-term effects of television. "The primary proposition of cultivation theory states that the more time people spend 'living' in the television world, the more likely they are to believe social reality portrayed on television."[1] Cultivation leaves people with a misperception of what is true in our world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join