It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Right, I’ll be honest, this could go either way; This idea is either gonna come across as genius or outright ridiculous... My money is on the latter, lol.

Time standards: EST, GMT, TT, TCG, TAI, UT0, UT1, Epoch Time, and the rest. They are so bloody confusing and due to ATS members being scattered across the globe, unfortunately we get to see many of them. Even then, that’s only when you have forward thinking members (fortunately most of us) who remember to use them.

So, why not have our own single time standard... ATS time? We could have a small clock on the website that shows the current ATS time which would make it a damn site easier when using a time reference.

Heck, even the TS in ATS is the perfect acronym for Time Standard.

My unimaginative suggestion... Above Time Standards

I did warn you... Either genius or outright ridiculous, lol
edit on 24/8/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, all time stamps are lined up with whatever current time zone you select. They do not vary depending on who posted what with which time zone selected, it's the same all across the board depending on what time zone YOU selected. A time stamp for one person may be different for someone else in a different time zone.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Does that actually work, i don’t think mine does? However, i was more referring to when time is used as a reference within a post, like: "press conf will be at x time", etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

Oh I see, not sure about that one but the time stamps for posts seems to work fine for me.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually, I checked mine after reading your post and its only 1 hour out but im guessing that’s just down to our daylight saving time bending skulduggery that we do over here in the UK, lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is already a standard time of "GMT - 6hours" which operates over some parts of the site.
Your posts are given that time on your profile.
The same applies, or used to apply, to the times of U2U messages that you receive.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I agree. I find it hard to trace the relative timing of replies in a thread.

Ats time may not be a bad idea.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would think Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) would be a good standard to go by. We used that when I was active duty Navy. Shortwave radio stations use that standard too.

new topics

top topics

join