It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee School District Bans All Flags, Including American Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Bedlam

I already knew this was the case before opening a tab to research. Thanks for saving me the trouble. Much ohmergerd muh freedums from the same source lately. Hopefully they remember how to fact check sometime soon.

The little kid with his General Lee toy is now going to sit beside the little kid who presumed to nibble his Pop-Tart into a shape resembling a gun ...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

As soon as I saw this was in Tenneessee I was thinking wtf?? This has to be wrong. Way up north I could see it. Way out west I could see it. Bible Belt?? Nope.

Thanks for the clarification!

Time will tell for the clothing, vehicles, etc. whether it is truly banned from that or not. My guess would be that nobody is going to raise a stink about it there.

edit on 8/24/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dickson County schools require their students to wear SSA (just like my county does). This has been in place for at least 10 years.

The district also has a dress code policy that prevents students from bearing flags or any other symbol on their shirts.

They are only allowed to wear plain shirts or ones with the school name or logo.

The new ban is on vehicles because:

Weeks said on the first day of school, a student had both a Confederate and American flag displayed on his vehicle.

Because of the recent controversy about the stars and bars flag, the district decided no flags could be displayed on students’ vehicles while on school grounds.

Dickson County School District

Jas

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Why don't they start banning those large penis symbols in places like DC and the Vatican? you know, the phallic architecture of the Washington monument and the same at the Vatican.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I seen that coming. I suspect others will follow (many others). The fall of Rome. It's really sad!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is how atheists remove faith from the public square, and now it's how people have removed the symbol of our country from the public square.

Wouldn't it be more a religious thing to remove flags and make everyone equal?
No false idols, we are all one etc etc?

Not sure what this has to do with atheism to be honest.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

"We did it for the children".....blah,blah,blah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join