It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I weak-minded?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I recently had a dream of my grandfather.

Let me explain, my grandfather passed away almost 35 years ago. In the past I have never ever dreamed about anyone on that had passed away, it was either those that I never meet or those that I know, but never of the dead.

In my dream I was in a home (not my grandparents) we were doing some work on a old 1920 door and lock, I had the lock out in my hand and all of a sudden I hear his voice saying "w need to fix the lock "and I turned to see my grandfather coming out in his slippers, pajamas and his robe on, the first thing I do is tell him, "grandpa its been a long time since I have seen you" and I go over and give him a hug, then we start working on the lock together and that's when I wake up.

After thinking about the dream I realized that I had acknowledge the passage of time to my grandfather.

So this got me thinking even more, I have always believed that those that communicated with the dead are weak-minded and have the ability to see those around us that have passed, same goes for those that are put under hypnosis, yes I had tried hypnosis but it never worked I was told that my mind is to disciplined to allow my self to be hypnotized.

So what does this mean? am I getting old and my mind is getting weak or is it that my grandpa visited me in my dream, what does it mean?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Let's say that the human brain is equipped with a biological wifi (wireless network). The information have to go thru the unconscious and be allowed by the conscious mind to surface. And if you have a conscious mind who wants peace of thinking it might push down the unconscious to feel in control. Other souls choose to open up to the unconscious to a greater degree and will both be swamped with bad and good information. In this case a middle path is probably to prefer.

The really strong awareness can remain calm whatever comes thru no matter what it is. The outer cannot effect the inner awareness since it so self aware what it is.
edit on 23-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well, why do you believe that people who claim to see the dead or communicate with them are "weak-minded"? Or what exactly do you mean by that? Weak minded how?

a reply to: 19KTankCommander

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14
A strong willed mind in my opinion is disciplined to the point were they can close off all the extra sensor impute, example I can cut my finger and not even think about it but look at it and move on, or I can tune into dozen of conversations and hear what's going on around me or I can shut the noise out completely.

those that are weak minded again in my opinion are like children were there minds are open and can see and hear everything around them, the can feel every little scratch on their bodies. there minds are not tainted to the point were they can close off the extra sensor input.

I guess I am old school when it comes to the term "Weak Minded" is there a better term for this, but I can recall being in school and sister Mary would always comment on those with weak mines are more accessible to have the demons and devil enter your body, she would always tie this in with the phrase "God Bless You" every time you sneezed since this was a moment when your body was vulnerable.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is interesting, you should embrace the dream of seen your grandfather in such a personal and familiar way, perhaps deep inside your has been a bit concern about something lately, we tend with age, to see mortality with more concern as we get older.

I used to use the word weak minded a lot, as derogatory when it came to those easily influence to do wrong things by those that abuse their influences on them, and is also people that are more susceptible to outside mental influences than weak minded, that makes the person actually more special, no necessarily weak, it depends in which terms is use, sensitive is another way to use to describe people that can communicate with the death, just because one person can not feel or see doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

edit on 23-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

we tend with age, to see mortality with more concern as we get older.

Thanks, and yes we all are getting older, nice of you to point that out, now I am really going to have some good dreams, But I guess the thing that really bothers me is that I Acknowledge the passage of time and I never dreamt of any dead family members. For me this is odd since this is a first dream I had with a family member that has passed

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Believe it or not, when we are in spiritual stress, that's when we are reassured by those familiar to us that has passed away that is more to death, that even when the body dies it doesn't mean is the end.

Is always a time our lives that we look back to what we have done and wonder if that is all about life that ever will be, or if you are stuck you wonder if that is going to be like that for the rest of your life, if you have doubts this is also the time to pursue what you always wanted to do but never had the time to do it.

Take a good look at the message of the dream,

I had the lock out in my hand and all of a sudden I hear his voice saying "w need to fix the lock "and I turned to see my grandfather coming out in his slippers, pajamas and his robe on, the first thing I do is tell him, "grandpa its been a long time since I have seen you" and I go over and give him a hug, then we start working on the lock together and that's when I wake up.

Locks and doors in dreams means choices, when one door closes another will open, right now you hold the lock to a new side of your life that needs to be pursue, your grandfather is just helping you fix that part of you life that needs to be fix, by fixing the lock and close the door for ever, another door will open with better opportunities.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

or is it that my grandpa visited me in my dream, what does it mean?

It happens. Particularly vivid too, so you remember the details of it. He's letting you know that a, life continues, b he's around, and (if I may) c, he'll be there to help you work things out.

I wouldn't worry, you have ancestors backing you up.

Be glad you can't be hypnotized, it means you aren't suggestible. You don't give over to everyone or notion that comes along.

Thats not weakness, thats in-dependence, a strength.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Thanks, never really looked at the lock on the door meaning anything, now I guess I need to figure out what other door may open, like everyone else I too have a 100 and 1 things going on in my life, just need to figure out what the lock means.

By any chance is my grandpa appearing in my dream significant, should I be thinking about the things that we had in common or the conversations and time I spent with him?

edit on 23-8-2015 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

like everyone else I too have a 100 and 1 things going on in my life, just need to figure out what the lock means.

I agree, we all do, but you need to prioritize, write a list of the most important things in your life and put them in order, obviously that is a big issue with you right now.

The presence of your grandfather is a helping one, he will help you in dreams to find what to do next, be open minded and I am sure more dreams will come and things in your path will sort out in time, this is a loving help remember.

edit on 23-8-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I'm very skeptical of universal symbolism in dreams. If these things have meaning I think it would be a personal meaning to you. Seeing someone in a dream you haven't seen in a while and saying it's been a while doesn't necessarily mean it's a paranormal phenomenon. If death wasn't acknowledged maybe it didn't factor in the dream. Could you have been thinking of something you missed from your grandfather?

You say the lock was also old. Just my personal impression: You see something from an earlier time that needs maintenance. You're working on it. Someone from an older time comes. You're glad to see him and work with him.

Have you been caring for something from the past that would connect you to it? Passing on forgotten values, teachings, heirlooms or jokes? Have you been doing anything lately your grandfather would appreciate if he were still with you?

top topics

join