It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What needs to be done for faster than light travel?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As I have pondered for far too long on how to travel faster than light with a very slim trail to follow, I wonder what we could find out among the stars. I ask myself every night before I go to bed "Who's looking back", as I try to tell myself someone else must be out there asking the same thing. This one question is one shared by many, all who are eager to know the answer. So I decided to create this thread hoping I could get a more accurate trail to follow.

I have looked into many different methods for traveling at velocities exceeding that of light. Some of them being:

Wormhole - Probably the most common one of them all. The idea that warping space in such a way can allow you to arrive at a destination faster than that of a light beam in non-warped part of space. This would be attributed to teleporting.

Warp Drive - Somewhat similar to a wormhole with the idea that it warps space to allow for faster than light travel. The general idea is to have a negative energy, behind the ship, accelerate the ship forward. In the front of the ship would be the opposite, a very large positive energy to shorten the length in front of the ship, making a reduced distance one must traverse.

Unfortunately, under Einstein's theories, we are limited to warping space as our most probable method to achieve our goal of FTL travel. Now I would like to throw a few 'unique' ideas out there, those of which, have very little to evidence supporting them. The first being, yes, Mr.Lazar.
Lazar is most often referred to as a crank. Is it possible that he knows something we don't, yes it is. But I want to offer my opinion on this matter to see what my fellow soon to be space-travelers think.

I have looked extensively into the Lazar case, many things point to him being a fraud, though there a few slivers of evidence supporting him. Most importantly we need to look at his "science". He says element 115 is used in ET craft to warp space-time. This is done by basically amplifying the gravity wave that is exerted from the element. Which today, is recognized as the strong force (holds the particles within the nucleus together). The strong force is used to create an extremely strong warping of space, very much like the warp drive. A video describing how this is done (40 minutes long): www.youtube.com...

The other lesser known, most likely 'crank', is Mark McCandlish. Mark made very accurate artistic renditions of classified craft that the government paid him to make. A friend of his apparently saw a UFO of sorts, at an Air Force base. His friend also was enlightened with how the craft worked. A quick description would be using capacitors around the craft, building up an immense amount of voltage. Making it hover just like the Biefield-Brown effect. Discovered by Thomas Townsend Brown, in the middle of the 20th century. A video on Mark describing how it works (an hour and a half long, thought very interesting!): www.youtube.com...

Whether you believe these men are both cranks, is entirely up to you. But ask yourself, if these men really had information allowing for faster than light travel, should we ignore them?

Interestingly enough, there are a few papers with scientists working on experiments with slight mass reduction. A paper on one of them: www.usafa.edu...-%20Seigenthaler&Lawrence.pdf (If the link doesn't work go to google and type: "Null findings of Yama#a - Yama_s_h_i_t_a. It doesn't like the last part of his name.)

Another possible case of this is Eugene Podkletnov. Podkletnov worked with superconductors. As they would rotate at extremely high RPMs, it would reduce the mass of the apparatus. A video on him describing his findings (an hour and ten minutes long): www.youtube.com...

So now, I ask you, what needs to be done in order to fulfill the dream many of us lose sleep on?
edit on 23-8-2015 by IAmTheRumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Rubber bands

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

You are actually traveling faster than light.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
FTL is pseudo science.

If I said I was working on warping space between my fridge and bed so I could grab a cold one in 0.3secs you'd call me a nutcase and throw away the key...

If I wear a lab coat and say I'm working on warping space and time between galaxies some government douchebag would fund my endeavour...

I'd still be a nutcase.
edit on 23-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

I know, i'm actually in hyperspace right now. I'm stuck and I can't escape!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Interesting isn't it? I suggest you wear a lab coat next time you want to warp space for a cold one. Maybe that will help!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I'd still be a nutcase.

Thinking his straight jacket was actually his lab coat.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmTheRumble

Interesting isn't it? I suggest you wear a lab coat next time you want to warp space for a cold one. Maybe that will help!

Admittedly it was a simplified example...

But the question still remains.

What happens to the space that's been warped...

Is it compressed and then stretched back?

How does it stay in tact?

What stops it from tearing space all together and creating a black hole, & there's another pseudo science.

I don't buy it to be honest.

I'm not trying to troll or knock your speculative efforts...

Just expressing my worthless opinion on the matter (teehee matter).

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
screen inertia out. (mach drive variants.)

convert to massless particles.

create disjunction drive.

create a drive using balanced negative mass and positive mass. so that the reversed reaction of negative mass means both accelerate in the same direction forever. if you can't find natural sources of negative mass/energy -fake it with artificial substitutes.

alter several constants such as space permitivity a la Dr White.

consider time reversed particles.

create extensions of physics that involve holographic cosmological models and coordinate manipulation.
edit on 23-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

I'd still be a nutcase.

Thinking his straight jacket was actually his lab coat.

Too true but the mathematical formulae scribed across the padded wall is actually an answer to what is outside of the universe.

That being said why are we still only speculating faster than light, take off the training wheels science nerds...
We want to travel faster than the universal expansion...
That'd answer some questions.
edit on 23-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

All opinions and or thoughts are welcomed! Though I do find Einstein's situation slowly approaching that of Newton. IE, time for a change.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I actually read a book about Mach'a principle and how it can allow for faster than wormholes and such. Though, it was a very difficult read, I did what I could. www.amazon.com... ar-Transport/dp/1461456223

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
start here for various concepts in speculative advanced propulsion:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

All opinions and or thoughts are welcomed! Though I do find Einstein's situation slowly approaching that of Newton. IE, time for a change.

Yeah I'd agree.

People get wrapped up in what Einstein said just because he was Einstein...
I'd say his speculation was worthy of the time frame...
Not so much now, imo.

If he was around now I'm sure his focus would be on something outstanding & fresh.
Not a century old.

Respectfully speaking.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I actually read a book about Mach'a principle and how it can allow for faster than wormholes and such. Though, it was a very difficult read, I did what I could. www.amazon.com... ar-Transport/dp/1461456223
Woodward and one of his peers is going to publish an updated version with more research data results.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I might have to consider reading another book!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The inmates have outgrown the wheelchairs in the assylum?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
WRT the speculative diametric drive thing it was recently proven to be more real than not. I made a thread on it here somewhere...

EDIT: Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I'll have to look in the morning, I need some sleep in order to make my ship

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
The inmates have outgrown the wheelchairs in the assylum?

it's all fun and games until i trade you to aliens for a star cruiser.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join