It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's round up all the illegal immigrants!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Let's do it! Round them up and give them citizenship! Way it won't be illegal anymore. And the ones that commit crimes will be arrested and I guess the right can put them in prison.

I also think that if we get them all in one place we could acknowledge their existence as human beings, instead of just statistics or ideas. You know, abstract titles like "anchor baby" and "border hopper" are not things that actually exist. You are literally referring to nothing when you say it.

All this hold up is meaningless. We could be improving the lives of people, instead they abandon towns in the darkness of night to run from us. And they still prefer that over their other country.

Where is the empathy?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

wow dude... I was just gona reply some nasty sheet cause I thought u were gona say something bad about them lol... awesome post man S&F, I wish there was more people like u! it be a much better world

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What about the hundreds, thousands, and more of people who have immigrated to the United States legally? The people who have given blood, sweat, tears, and years of their lives to become American citizens the legal way? Are you really that apt to just spit in their faces?

Let's round them up, sure. But send them back.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

I'm sure the right wing members here will agree that this the compassionate thing to do! After all, they are the moral ones.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's great for them! They're Americans too! Go team!

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is empathy, and there is being a pushover.

If someone breaks into your house, do you give them your spare keys and let them move in?

We have laws for a reason. Crack down on the companies that are hiring illegals. Stop giving out birth certificates. No more anchor babies. No more in-state tuition for illegal aliens.

Make English the official language of business and government. Make the prospect of breaking our laws and exploiting our charitable nature too onerous to stick around.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When I am outside of my home I make every effort to be one with nature. I don't harm insects or animals because I believe that is their 'home'. If I get stung or eaten by a bear it is my fault for being in their territory. When I see a bug or critter inside I either kill it or call an exterminator. This is because it is MY home they are invading and I have a natural right to defend my home and resources.

ETA: I consider deportation to be the same as taking the bug and putting it back outside. It is the humane way to deal with our illegal immigrant infestation.
edit on 2015/8/22 by Metallicus because: ETA

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's great for them! They're Americans too! Go team!

Just amateur rhetoric, no real response to cmd's question..?

You're shake-n-bake at best...stop now, that way the Left won't have to label one of their own as a Tool.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Oh posh posh wish wash. That's no fun and to be honest it is kinda evil sounding. When you put like that it it doesn't make me want to agree with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

What is a real response? I could have sworn I said something in the open that addressed his concern.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It is a paradox for me. Progressives want to give the country away because they love everybody....

But then they think nothing of killing the unborn for a reason of convenience.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They are not invading your home. You sound like a madman. They just want a better life.

edit on 22-8-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Oh no abortion train! All on on board for the fallacious argument express!

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

They are in our collective (American) territory attempting to illegally obtain a better life that Americans have built here in this country. They are invaders and an insult to all of the legal immigrants in this country who have worked hard to do the right thing and be here without breaking our laws. They need to be returned to where they came from.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Sorry you feel that way. That is a completely subjective viewpoint and has no bearing on a logical argument on why they should or should not be here.

Also, you should be aware that your basing your entire opinion on made up concepts that are easily twisted to suits specific views. You fool yourself and that is sad. I'd pray for you, but I don't pray.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Sorry you feel that way. That is a completely subjective viewpoint and has no bearing on a logical argument on why they should or should not be here.

Also, you should be aware that your basing your entire opinion on made up concepts that are easily twisted to suits specific views. You fool yourself and that is sad. I'd pray for you, but I don't pray.

Try to violate the 'made up' concept of some other border and see how it works for you. If you don't want to deal with reality I feel sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Alright, we will agree that I am correct and you are a stuffy individual who clings to outdated ideologies.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not really much of an answer, no.

How would that make those people (legal immigrants) feel? Like they wasted a good amount of their time, most likely. Like I said, it'd be the same as spitting in their faces. And don't you think it would only encourage the behavior to immigrate to the United States illegally? Make them legal once, the precedent is set for it to happen again and again.

I'm all for immigration to the United States, just legal immigration.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What's stopping the current government from doing just that?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
What about the hundreds, thousands, and more of people who have immigrated to the United States legally? The people who have given blood, sweat, tears, and years of their lives to become American citizens the legal way? Are you really that apt to just spit in their faces?

Let's round them up, sure. But send them back.

How would we be spitting on anyone's faces?

Whats wrong with making them go to the back of the line, making them pay a fine, biometrics and background check fees, and application fees?

You say the people that did it the legal way gave "sweat, blood, and tears" for their chance at the American Dream and good for them. The people that are here illegally sacrificed their life to have a chance to give their families a better life. They crossed deserts stuffed in the back of 18 wheelers and risked death to come here. I say anyone that is willing to risk their life to get here deserves a chance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join