It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Explosion at Chemical Warehouse in China's Shandong province

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Another one? Not good.

Seems like a coincidence but is it?

www.rt.com...

An explosion occurred at a chemical warehouse in Shandong province in eastern China on Saturday evening, the People's Daily China reported. The site is only one kilometer from a residential area. Firefighters were dealing with the aftermath of the blast in Zibo County, Chinese media reported.

www.bbc.com...

Large flames can be seen from the site of the blast in Zibo County. There are so far no reports of any casualties. The People's Daily said a warehouse at the plant exploded and firefighters are at the scene. There is a residential area about 1km from the plant. Earlier this month blasts in the northern city of Tianjin killed at least 116 people, with hundreds hurt.

This is another BIG one.

I don't think we're going to be fortunate enough to see no loss of life here. Tremors are felt over a mile away:

www.reuters.com...
"Windows shattered in the village where the blast occurred, state media said, and tremors reverberated within 2 kilometers (1 mile) of the site of the explosion. "

The explosion occurred at a factory of Shandong's Runxing Chemical company, according to the official People's Daily.

www.sdrunxing.cn...

Shandong Haiming Chemical Co., Ltd. has been awarded "AAA Grade Credit Enterprise", " Integrity demonstration enterprise of Shandong Province", "Outstanding self-innovation enterprise of Binzhou City", "Environment Friendly Enterprise of Binzhou City", "Growth company of Binzhou City" and other honors; we certificated to ISO9001: 2000 quality system, ISO14001: 2004 Environmental Management System and OHSAS1800: 2007

Occupational Health and Safety Management System in 2006, was listed as a circular economy pilot enterprise of Shandong Province in 2007; we passed cleaner production audit of Shandong Province Environmental Protection Bureau in 2010, and was listed into the key scheduling company directory of first batch of strategic emerging industries of Shandong province in 2011. Shandong Runxing Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. independently developed non-phosgene HDI and Adiponitrile industry with intellectual property rights, which will changes the industry and product structure of Polyurethane Industry of China fundamentally, and then has become very imperative for Polyurethane Industry of China. Chinese government issued a series of policies to encourage the development of polyurethane and its raw materials: "National New Material 12th-five-year development plan" proposed to develop the HDI and Adiponitrile in 2012, and then put it into "New Material key development catalog in 12th-five-year development plan".

Now, the project of 100,000 t/a of HDI and 300,000 t/a of Adiponitrile of Shandong Runxing Chemical Technology Co., Ltd. has been listed as the first batch of province-level strategic emerging industrial project of Shandong Province.

Out of all that I get Polyurethane as the most likely.

Another source with different possibilities:

www.27053.tradebig.com...
With powerful technology force, advanced process technique and equipment, our company is specialized in researching and developing fine chemicals mainly including pharmaceutical, pesticide and liquid crystal intermediates. The main products are: azobisisobutyronitrile,azobisisoamylonitrile,azobisisoheptonitrile,blowing agent AC, three-hydroxyl-four-nitrobenzoic acid, etc.

Jude

edit on 22-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I hope they don't go in and just dump water in it or we're going to see another bang like in Tianjin. Here's hoping all the firefighters stay safe along with the residents in the area.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not surprised.

Did we think we were getting all these cheap goods from country that took worker safety into consideration?

When are the Chinese going to grow a spine and start sticking up for themselves? And when are we going to start showing a little tact and help them?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I hope they don't go in and just dump water in it or we're going to see another bang like in Tianjin. Here's hoping all the firefighters stay safe along with the residents in the area.

At least they might know where the first mistakes were made in fighting a chemical fire of this size from the last one.

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Or is it lack of insight?

China has a woeful record when it comes to infrastructure, in a country that is subjected to regular floods and earthquakes, their dams shouldn't burst and their buildings shouldn't collapse.

But then again corruption is a big issue in China. maybe that is the smoking gun, and then there is the issue of cutting corners and you can't do that with volatile substances, that is a big no no.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Things that make you go hmmm

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I just read on a Youtube link, I can't access it at work, that it's a petrochemical plant. Looking for a source to confirm that.

Edit: I just noticed that back in July there was an explosion at a petrochemical plant in Shandong. I'm now wondering if this is the same plant that was ablaze in July of this year.

edit on 8/22/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

China has a woeful record when it comes to infrastructure, in a country that is subjected to regular floods and earthquakes, their dams shouldn't burst and their buildings shouldn't collapse.

But then again corruption is a big issue in China. maybe that is the smoking gun.

China has bldgs fall all the time. This is well known.

I'm just questioning the close time period of 2 huge chemical plants going BOOM. Could be coincidence, could be greed, could be...

But I know one thing. If a 3rd one happens, I'm calling it.

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I just read on a Youtube link, I can't access it at work, that it's a petrochemical plant. Looking for a source to confirm that.

I'm looking as well but so far no list of what chemicals. Just a chemical plant.

EDIT: To the OP I added Polyurethane as a probable.

Or: www.27053.tradebig.com...

Jude

edit on 22-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I'm just questioning the close time period of 2 huge chemical plants going BOOM. Could be coincidence, could be greed, could be...

But who was pulling the strings? it's a delicate situation.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's always the question and the answer is always "Follow the money"

In China, not an easy task.

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

But then again corruption is a big issue in China. maybe that is the smoking gun.

China has bldgs fall all the time. This is well known.

Jude

Very true, building quality in China has some history of shoddiness though, I assume it has gotten better.

Also, we have plants blow up all the time here in the states.

That third charm though, I too will be waiting for it suspiciously.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I understand why people might be instantly suspicious of this, but there are a lot of things to consider before anyone starts claiming this is "too coincidental".

1. How often does this happen in China? I recall there have now been three such explosions this year alone.
2. Could this have been caused by new demands made by the government, following the previous explosion? For instance, perhaps the Chinese government has required them to move a lot of things very quickly, and that's led to an incident.
3. Are there other connections between these companies? Perhaps they both bought a new piece of equipment from the same source and this has caused a fault leading to an explosion.
4. Are they related in the stock and items they store? Perhaps it could be as simple as a shipment with the same damaged canisters being distributed to different locations.

As I said, there are a lot of things to consider before people start claiming this is all far too coincidental. My money is on this being either a complete coincidence and entirely unrelated, or a connection with a faulty container or piece of equipment from the same source.

Investigators should be focusing on what these two locations have in common, and whether anything at these two sites could have come from the same source. Then, any source they have in common needs to be investigated to see where other similar items have been transported.

I personally have a feeling this is all related to one source, and that it's likely down to faulty containment, probably nothing more than some underpaid lackey in one plant somewhere putting a highly dangerous chemical compound into an entirely unsuitable container before shipping them off around the country.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My guess is that we will see another one or two of these "accidents". Then they will blame terrorism. China has been hit hard recently economically. It could be a coincidence, China is huge and in the spotlight lately. This is ATS so... maybe TPTB want to drag China into a war, why fight if you can make someone else do all the work.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The Pendulum pulls the string and swings the swing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Very good link

I did not know that this is number 3!
some thing odd is going on.
any bets we will see more before the end of the year?
and maybe some in US!

is this the new war fair?
industrial and financial sabotage.
makes me wounder if Chinas economy brake down
is being done by some world power.
because they got to big.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have to wonder if the Chinese escalator manufacturers are also running some chemical plants & warehouses on the side.
Coming from the country who runs operations like this...

I don't see anything that could go wrong here, do you?

It's no surprise when they have horrific industrial accidents.
Safety is an afterthought in China.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

all I can say is..... oh oh..... this isn't good!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not saying it's so, but with today's technology, you have to wonder if these chemical explosions could be triggered by satellites or possible atmospheric wave weaponry. Attacking another country by using their own chemical or weapon factories against them. It would definitely create public anger against the government.

I better stop before I get too much into this conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Not saying it's so, but with today's technology, you have to wonder if these chemical explosions could be triggered by satellites or possible atmospheric wave weaponry. Attacking another country by using their own chemical or weapon factories against them. It would definitely create public anger against the government.

I better stop before I get too much into this conspiracy.

Concentrated direct heat weapon?

I'm sure there are a few in orbit somewhere.

Jude

top topics

<<   2 >>

join