It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawker Hunter crashes at airshow; multiple dead reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Neither does yours. You know NOTHING of his intentions or what happened to the aircraft and you've already decided you know everything that happened. Aircraft aren't IF/OR. It's not either he did it deliberately or he was am idiot. He could have had it planed perfectly so he didn't go anywhere near the road and something broke. How the hell do you know what happened?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Because of where he started the loop.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

He knew where he started the loop so he knew where he would finish it. Or he was a random risker with no real control? Not likely given his position as a performance pilot.

This was a deliberate attempt to impress road users which ended up taking the roof of a Daimler hired out for weddings. Or he was a complete amateur? We know he wasn't.

Your giving 2 options, one option is your opinion, the other is something we all know wouldn't be true. we know the pilot won't be a amateur. That rules out the option you and we know isn't true, which leaves the other option (your opinion) as fact in your eyes.

Excuse me as I'm not very good at explaining things, I hope you can see what I'm saying.
edit on 22-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Study the video evidence. He could have started the loop much earlier if he wanted to stay away from innocent wedding parties.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Andy Hill was a very experienced pilot and a good guy. Please remember he's a real human being with real relatives and friends. He was a good friend of someone very close to me. Let's wait for the results of the investigation before condemning him please. My sincere condolences to the families and friends to everyone affected by this terrible accident.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I've seen enough of clever fly boys to know the risks they'll take with others lives. This one will rebound for years. Like the instructors over Wales who killed two teenage girls while 'impressing' them with illegal stunts. Or did you miss that one?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Again, so what. So now unless they start the loop in the middle of the airfield they're hot dogging?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So because of a few bad apples all pilots are idiots who will do stupid things.

Damn your world must suck considering drivers of cars do worse every day. So do people in every field.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Maya00a

I'm more inclined to give sympathy to the families of those he killed today. Sorry for being human.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And the result is?....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And you know every parameter of the aircraft, how fast he was going, how many Gs he pulled, etc from watching that video huh.

Again, call the AAIB. This is solved without them having to lift a finger.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

ONE crash out of thousands of airshows a year. You've already crucified this guy without knowing if his airplane broke or anything. Must be nice to live in a black and white world.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You're losing it. Calm down. The entirely predictable happened. Don't try to defend stupidity. And greed. Remember this would never had happened without ticket sales. Risking random public lives for fiat currency.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm going on ATS observations regarding structural failure.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm not losing anything. I'm refusing to crucify an innocent person because you have decided that you know everything that happened based on a freaking YouTube video with no evidence.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That you can't see from one video. They haven't even looked at the wreckage yet and you've nailed it down.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

I've seen enough of clever fly boys to know the risks they'll take with others lives. This one will rebound for years. Like the instructors over Wales who killed two teenage girls while 'impressing' them with illegal stunts. Or did you miss that one?

I did miss that one. Is it really relevant here?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I know he was flying level over unoccupied farmland before he started his stunt, which as an experienced pilot he would know was going to result in a low pass over a busy road.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Unless the loop didn't go as he planned because something happened. If he was going to tighten the loop at the top to stay over the open land, but couldn't because of some reason we don't know for example.

You don't know anymore than anyone else but the pilot does but you've already decided that because of a few pilots in the past that you know exactly what happened.
edit on 8/22/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's ghastly and has unhealthy overtones. One was looping the loop while another circled. They collided. The stunts were not legitimate which carries the unspoken message that the fourteen/fifteen year old girls were told not to say anything. Except no one made it back alive. Though one instructor was thought to have bailed out leaving his teenage passenger in there. Relevant because it illustrates reckless piloting by 'respected' ATS instructors eager to impress. I've seen other reckless piloting which terrified little traveller children who were never the same again. I'm speaking up for them against the fools who think collateral damage on the ground is acceptable. It isn't. Innocent people were killed by a foolish, money making stunt.

Drop the pilot responsibility and you have what? Air show stunts are just wild throwing about of the aircraft which might 'end up' anywhere in the locality?

edit on 22 8 2015 by Kester because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join