It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawker Hunter crashes at airshow; multiple dead reported

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It appears that the plane was flying well and under power at the bottom of the loop. That doesn't mean the controls weren't frozen or sluggish for some reason. The only thing I noticed was that the bottom of the loop seemed to face the sun, or at least in that general direction. I suppose its possible he got a bit disoriented for a second or two. At that speed and elevation it only takes a couple of seconds for disaster to strike. He still had instruments to rely on but a few seconds isn't much time to work with.

My condolences to the families and friends of the deceased. What a sad and tragic way to end their lives.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

True ,hotdogging can bite you sometimes but pros don't endanger civilians ,like that.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Near here there is the site of a Spitfire crash. Looping the loop while his cousin waved a sheet out the window. The exact site is left unmowed part of the year lest we forget. No harm done to others apart from the shock and heartbreak.

A little farther away is the site of another crash. Dinner jacket, cockpit open, harness flapping free. Told his fiancee to be on a certain bridge at a certain time. Barrel roll and into the cliff. She didn't marry him.

No ground dwellers physically harmed. Still tragic history.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

0.06 around this point in the video it looks like a part is falling off on the tail did someone say it had been repaired a long time ago ?

edit on 8/22/2015 by astra001uk because: you changed to someone

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Can you take a screen shot of what your seeing please, I couldn't see it in the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

I will try but not very good on here with that how i spotted it was play the video and keep stopping it its at the beggining of the video i will try now though

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
yes, a hanging elevator trim....
I saw it...right where he couldn't get any pitch authority...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
is that on the rear wing underside right hand while looking at the video around six seconds in i dont know a great deal about this type of aircraft but i saw something that looked like it was ripping off poor man poor people

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just heard on BBC news24 that they are getting reports the pilot is actually alive but in serious condition, I did not see a ejection but hoping He pulls through to shed light on what happened. Hope it wasnt something simple like not setting the QFE before take off similar to the F16 thunderbird incident..

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just watched the msn clip full screen, keep an eye on the right wing at 10-11 seconds. to me it looks like its starting to bend downward at the tip. Main spar broken possibly? Im going with too low at the start of the set and structural failure at the bottom of the loop causing it to land belly first. Look at the heat haze from the engine, he was gunning it hard at the end trying to correct.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

How do you feel about his choice of where to end his loop. Given that he had the choice of open farmland or busy road? Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No as I was not in the cockpit observing or feeling what the pilot was so would be unable to give any thoughts on where the plane ended up.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How could one think that was possibly deliberate? Please, I would really like to know how one could reach that conclusion given the situation.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And you already know this with 100% certainty without having access to any investigative tools except a YouTube video. Hell, cancel the AAIB investigation, it's already solved.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Ended up? So it was a random slide with no real control?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

How do you know he didn't have a control malfunction? Or a physical problem? Or any of a dozen other things that you can't see on a YouTube video? You're already playing judge, jury, and executioner before the fire is even cold based on one freaking video.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So he was out of control? Think about it. He knew where he started the loop so he knew where he would finish it. Or he was a random risker with no real control? Not likely given his position as a performance pilot.

This was a deliberate attempt to impress road users which ended up taking the roof of a Daimler hired out for weddings. Or he was a complete amateur? We know he wasn't.

OK I'll admit it. I've been subjected to deliberate low flying by RAF jokers as have others. Ask the old Green Lane travellers. We know. It's a big joke. Anyone remember the hand axe incident in Green Lane, Shaftesbury? After repeated low flying harassment a traveller threw an axe at an RAF jet. And hit it. You don't believe it. But your belief doesn't control reality.

edit on 22 8 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

edit on 22 8 2015 by Kester because: sentences

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

He was in control when he started the loop, he knew where he would be when it ended. Except his antique aircraft fell apart.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

He started the manoeuvre deliberately and in control. He knew where he would be at the end of the loop. Surrounded by open farmland all in sight of the paying audience. He knew exactly where the road was.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So what if he started in control. You're claiming planes can't break in a second? The entire Thunderbirds Diamond died after the lead started a loop in control. He was still in control when his plane wouldn't pull out at the bottom and they all flew into the ground.

Jesus they've barely put the fire out and you've got this guy convicted. There are any number of reasons he ended up there. He could have had the loop set up to end over open field like he should have, but something broke as he went over the top so he couldn't pull the nose down as tight as he planned. He'd still be in control the entire way AND end up over the road through no fault of his own.

How about waiting for some facts to come in before you crucify him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join