It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you ever feel like the world is an illusion/pointless, just remember that Love/God is everywhere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I've watched that video even before. While it's obvious there is no "I" we still cannot disregard free will. We still need to pretend to make decisions all the while knowing it's just a tool. Anyway, it seems your saying that once you awaken, you see that the only way for the world to change is through changing it's roots. And that can only be done when people are aware enough to questions their core beliefs. Ok, makes sense. But does this imply, that even IF donations did go to the right place, they still wouldn't help, because they would not help the root but rather the surface? So would donations even help even if they were send to the right places? If you for example, had a lot of money like OSHO, would you choose to help poor people? If yes then why? Wouldn't that only help the surface issues? Do the surface issues really matter? Should we completely forget about changing the surface?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Is a reason why the world feels like an illusion to the human soul, while is a perfect setting for the human body it is not for the soul, this is not the souls home just the human body's home.

That is why sometimes feels like is not real.

We as souls endure the human experience for enlightening and learning, while helping the humanity become better, but we have to deal with the shortcomings of the human mind that is hell bound into believing that the only purpose of being human is to attain redemption and forgiveness from a human mind created God for our lasting immortality, because we know since very early that our human body is going to died, but forget from birth that the soul is perfect and immortal

For the soul earth and humanity is just a school of learning, humans have one of the most complex brains as a species because is bond with emotions and a very strong ego, very undeveloped to control those emotions so the soul control over the human brain is very limited.

know yourself, find your soul, and the light will come

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I considered the conditioning I was exposed to from an early age when I got old enough and of mind enough to think for myself.

I came to the conclusion that if there is a God, the only thing that entity had to do was grant one a life to live and to enjoy the things that come with life.

Why do people have to complicate things so?, like insurance complicates health care and driving and everything else, these silly beliefs that enrich the church and these silly beliefs in an omnipotent and all powerful creator complicate life unnecessarily.

There is only one rule needed to enjoy this life and if followed by everyone would make the world a much better, safer and enjoyable place to live.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Consideration must be granted to those who may not like the same things as us as there are some mighty peculiar people walking around this world....

Just more conditioning....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Um but what if you're a masochist?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Hombre

Really ??

You think God is not capable of erasing itself and ending its miserable unending self ??

You are wrong, it did long ago, and all the parts are still trying to put themselves back together, but they get farther from that goal every single day.

what i think is not that much important, what matters is that God, the Holy one gives Life to His Son, Still.

It was communicated to me that he created his Son because he didnt wanted to be alone.

And God didnt splitted himself. The Son started dreaming and in this nightmare he was Splitted into trillions of pieces, well who knows.

It is judgement to say if the parts are going further or nearer away, the time of illusions lasted only a millisecond (the time from the beginning of this illusionary world, to its end) for God's Son, and he is still safe in His fathers Love where he will always be.

I do not want to be right,

but i can choose not to go through pain to the end of This.
So i choose Love.

what about you ? (Im asking everyone who reads this, not only the person to which i replied)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Um but what if you're a masochist?

think more what God is: Joy,Pleasure, Abundance,Peace,Safety

then look on this dualistic world and the opposites of God.

The pain treshold of an individual may be high, but at the end everyone will return to love.

And the RIGHT sentence is "What you do unto Others, YOU are doing unto YOURSELF"

there are no others,you will see it, if you read the anove post, about the split.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Couldn't be said better.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

While it's obvious there is no "I" we still cannot disregard free will. We still need to pretend to make decisions all the while knowing it's just a tool.

If there is no separate 'I', how can there be individual free will?
Who is it, that could pretend, to make decisions?
There is no one doing or choosing anything.

I have a feeling you have seen this clip as well - you might want to listen to it again.

Anyway, it seems your saying that once you awaken, you see that the only way for the world to change is through changing it's roots. And that can only be done when people are aware enough to questions their core beliefs. Ok, makes sense. But does this imply, that even IF donations did go to the right place, they still wouldn't help, because they would not help the root but rather the surface? So would donations even help even if they were send to the right places? If you for example, had a lot of money like OSHO, would you choose to help poor people? If yes then why? Wouldn't that only help the surface issues? Do the surface issues really matter? Should we completely forget about changing the surface?

It said by Robert Anthony in his book, "The Advanced Formula For Total Success" that:
"Your ability to accept is determined by your consciousness. We all know people who have more money than they know what to do with, and we all know many people who never have enough. Why the difference? If a person who has virtually nothing is given a large sum of money, within a very short time that person will have nothing again. If we divided all the money in the world equally, in a short time the rich would be rich again, and the poor would be poor."

Anyway, it seems your saying that once you awaken, you see that the only way for the world to change is through changing it's roots. And that can only be done when people are aware enough to questions their core beliefs.

Yes - it is not the world that has to change - it is the thought process which needs to be examined - needs to be understood for what it is - it is conflict and corrupt and this manifests as the world.
The sage who finds peace within - finds harmony without. (or words to that effect)

edit on 24-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yes, I agree there is no I to make decisions no matter what. Life is just happening. However we cannot deny the appearance of free will in our experience and usefulness of it. I think you know what I mean here.

Yeah, I've seen that video about 2 weeks ago. Did you create an account called "firesheep" in philosophy forums? I think you may know me from there.

"Your ability to accept is determined by your consciousness. We all know people who have more money than they know what to do with, and we all know many people who never have enough. Why the difference? If a person who has virtually nothing is given a large sum of money, within a very short time that person will have nothing again. If we divided all the money in the world equally, in a short time the rich would be rich again, and the poor would be poor."

Yes, that does make sense. I have thought about this before. Helping those that have no money is like prolonging their pain for a short amount of time isn't it? So it's all about the root causes it seems. So how can a person be of greatest service to the world AFTER he has awakened and helped himself? This is the thing. Must one spread the truth? This is confusing because some awake people say "spread the truth, it's the only way to help yourselves and the only way to create a utopia on earth"
And they do it relentlessly, spreading "truthcontest.com" all over the internet. Don't know if you heard of it.
Others seem to be saying completely different things. They say "No, just relax, one musn't spread the truth. Can you shed some light on this? Do you have the urge to spread the truth for the benefit of mankind and yourself?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I can't seem to edit my post. I just wanted to add that even if there is an appearence of free will and the usefulness of it there is still no one exploiting them. They are always just arising no matter what. This is obvious because we can't know what our next thought will be. 0 control here. This is pretty simple, but again, we cannot deny the usefulness of labels and feeling of free will as they are valuable tools, but ultimately controlled by no separate entity. Simple. I obviously agree with the videos you've posted. Did you think I was disagreeing?
edit on 24-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: Just adding a little more detail.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So we can blame god! yes...

he gave us free will?
then sabotages us with Satan!
and if we Dont do exactly as he whants
we go to hell.
yes sounds like some one to spend forever with.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
So we can blame god! yes...

he gave us free will?
then sabotages us with Satan!
and if we Dont do exactly as he whants
we go to hell.
yes sounds like some one to spend forever with.

lol, nice joke. why would God, sabotage himself with anything ?
God knows, whats the best for his Son.
he made his Son so that God can Depend on him.

Evil is only an Illusion, but this, since you have learned 'evil', is a bit harder to take away from you.
Because you have created it, and you believe in it.
(this is a reference to the Garden Eden, and the Apple from the Tree of Knowledge)

God's Realm is Knowledge. So what God knows, is! What God doesnt know, has never existed.

If you can follow this then : tell me what you know

edit on 27/8/2015 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/8/2015 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144

Yes, I agree there is no I to make decisions no matter what. Life is just happening. However we cannot deny the appearance of free will in our experience and usefulness of it. I think you know what I mean here.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - can you elaborate please?

Did you create an account called "firesheep" in philosophy forums?
Yes I did.

Yes, that does make sense. I have thought about this before. Helping those that have no money is like prolonging their pain for a short amount of time isn't it? So it's all about the root causes it seems. So how can a person be of greatest service to the world AFTER he has awakened and helped himself? This is the thing. Must one spread the truth? This is confusing because some awake people say "spread the truth, it's the only way to help yourselves and the only way to create a utopia on earth"
And they do it relentlessly, spreading "truthcontest.com" all over the internet. Don't know if you heard of it.
Others seem to be saying completely different things. They say "No, just relax, one musn't spread the truth. Can you shed some light on this? Do you have the urge to spread the truth for the benefit of mankind and yourself?

Spreading this message will either happen or it won't. But there is no 'you should' or 'you shouldn't' - all that goes - life is just happening and there is no one who thinks they should be doing this or should be doing that - is this right? is this wrong?

I just wanted to add that even if there is an appearance of free will and the usefulness of it there is still no one exploiting them.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'the appearance of freewill and the usefulness of it' please? I have tried many times to answer your post but am really stuck - I think it is because I don't get what you mean. Thanks.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What I mean is, there is no self to make descisions. So spreading the truth either happens or not. But my topic doesn't really lean towards this topic, but rather about global suffering, and what awakened individuals can do about it, if anything. So see if can stick to that topic. About the other topic (better to talk about them separately) all I am saying is that life is happening. There is no control over what the next thought will be, yet there is a feeling of control arising. This illusion is necessary for the mind body unit to function, but ultimately it isn't true there is control. No self, only the illusion of a self.
"Spreading this message will either happen or it won't. But there is no 'you should' or 'you shouldn't' - all that goes - life is just happening and there is no one who thinks they should be doing this or should be doing that - is this right? is this wrong? "

I agree completely. Life is ultimately meaningless, there is no right or wrong, but nonetheless we can't ignore their relative validity. We still use labels like "right" or "wrong" all the while knowing they are ultimately untrue.
So about the other topic. What is the most beneficial thing for an awakened individual to do, to help this world? Must one spread the truth in order for it to reach as many people as possible? If yes, or no then why? The people who are suffering, is there anyway to help them?
Even if we help them, does it ultimately matter? Are they ultimately ok? Some say duality is balanced, Everyone gets their fair share of good and bad. Do you agree?
And I wrote more deeply about this topic in my previous replies. But please let's discuss these two issues of no free will and global suffering separately.
By the way, these questions about global suffering go to everyone who reads this, not only you.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: Everyone can answer.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: Adding clarity.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So ultimately there is no "you should do" only, what's the best decision to make. So the question is not what someone 'must' do. But rather, what is the best course of action to take.
Also, it is true right and wrong are only labels, they are useful labels to function as long as they aren't believed to be true. So if you hear that your friend is sick and they need help, you can think 'wow that's bad, what is best course of action I can take to help this person?" It's ultimately not real that your friend is "bad" but the friend is experiencing pain and one can help reduce it. So just because 'bad' is a label and is not real doesn't mean we don't do anything, we take action. (this either happens or doesn't, there is no should or shouldn't) but the question here is, what is the best course of action one can take to help the friend (in this case the question about the world and global suffering)
1.Helping the world by spreading the truth relentlessly (is that the best course of action to take?) and
2. Helping the poor with donations. Those were the two main points. Again, two separate topics about these two and the no free will one.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
But there is no world really - there is just this that is happening. Troubling yourself with the world is duality.
Thoughts say there is a future and there is a world and that there is a you that can do something but this is just story - there is only ever what is happening and maybe a story appearing about what is not happening.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If everybody would think that there would be no progress and i seriously hope you'll one day see how anti-live you approach to reality is. Everything has at least three layers, even you do, no matter how much you try to convince yourself two of them don't matter.
It is much more complicated than this "just now" crap. But you just don't think, or let me rephrase that, thinking is currently not happening in your illusion.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I totally agree with the context you are presenting. Yes the story isn't real, I have been putting emphasis on this. The point is although there really is no world (it's ultimately a story) we can't use this to deny the fact that there are people suffering. I mean, we don't need to feel truly bad or bothered by it (since they are stories) but the labels can be used effectively in order to help people. So as I said, if my friend is hurt, and it was clear you could be of help, you would do something. You used the label of "I wan't this to be better (all the while truly accepting this moment) and take action to help your friend. The story about the event was necessary to help the friend was it not? Yes, it's only a story but it's useful (unless you believe the stories to be real). So while it's true there is ultimately no world, you can't use that as an excuse to not help anyone can you? It's not likely you would see your mom hurt on the ground, and there would be no thoughts about the event. Thoughts are necessary to take action.
It's true duality is ultimately untrue, but denying it to have any validity is was is know by as "the non dual trap". I'm sure you still think about things like what the best choice is for you to make out of the list of options. That's duality my friend, and we both live it. Stories and thoughts about it happen. This mind body unit needs it to function. If we all denied duality (thoughts and stories) we would do nothing all day. The urge and thoughts to do something are all dualistic and we cannot deny them.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Andy1144 because: Clarity.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thoughts are necessary to take action.

Everything is happening - thought happens but it is not necessary. When knocking a cup off the table, instant movement of hand/arm/body to catch cup happens - if there is a waiting for thought to say ok cup falling need to move now - it would be too late.
I don't think any story or wording is needed for helping a friend to happen - wording may arise but there is no need for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
I'm sure you still think about things like what the best choice is for you to make out of the list of options.
Thoughts arise but you seem to be saying that there is a me that does that thinking - there isn't. It is all just scenery - all is just appearing here - all of the show.

This mind body unit needs it to function. If we all denied duality (thoughts and stories) we would do nothing all day. The urge and thoughts to do something are all dualistic and we cannot deny them.

It is not true that 'everyone would d nothing all day' - it is impossible for the body not to move - it is impossible for the thoughts not to arise - everything is just happening. All that is moving just moves.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join