It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Danny Becomes the First Major Hurricane of the 2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hurricane Danny strengthens to Category 3

Rain, Wind Threat to Leeward Islands, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico.
Should reach leeward islands by Monday

Just putting this out here

www.weather.com...
edit on 21-8-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

NOAA
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Let me look at the GFS model and see where this storm is heading.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Anyways something to keep an eye on. No pun intended!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's not currently a threat to Florida since its over 2,500 miles away. Hopefully it weakens or tracks further away

Only one model shows it entering Gulf of Mexico, at this time. For the most part it should track north as it nears the U.S Coastline

It's still too early to tell if it will be a threat to Florida, or where if anywhere it will make landfall

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We certainly need to watch this one here in Florida.
He should weaken in the next couple of days, but there is a chance he could regain strength later and even a chance of dissipation before making it to the CONUS.

These small storms historically have been difficult to forecast.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Yes you better keep updated on it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Goin to St. John tomorrow, I like cat 1 hurricanes should be a fun one

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
We certainly need to watch this one here in Florida.
He should weaken in the next couple of days, but there is a chance he could regain strength later and even a chance of dissipation before making it to the CONUS.

These small storms historically have been difficult to forecast.

With the ever increasing number and strength of hurricanes in the Atlantic over the last few years due to Global Warming as was predicted, it's tough to keep track of all of them. Good luck jrod!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

Where is St. John? Is it in the Atlantic or Caribbean?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

With the ever increasing number and strength of hurricanes in the Atlantic over the last few years due to Global Warming as was predicted, it's tough to keep track of all of them.

I question your statement as we just broke the record for longest period of time without a major hurricane making landfall on the U.S. The last one was Wilma in '05.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex

originally posted by: Danke

With the ever increasing number and strength of hurricanes in the Atlantic over the last few years due to Global Warming as was predicted, it's tough to keep track of all of them.

I question your statement as we just broke the record for longest period of time without a major hurricane making landfall on the U.S. The last one was Wilma in '05.

Sorry I thought the sarcasm was oozing out of my post, but it is the internet so sometimes tough to tell.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Sorry, my mistake. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I always do. Storm2k has some good discussion with pro meteorologists about active storms, the forecasts and models, ect..

Many here in Florida feel we are overdue for a big hit, only time will tell. Andrew in 1992 hit during an El Nino and a 'quiet' season.

For the time being Wunderground offers a good analysis plus the 'spaghetti models'.

Also forgot to add, Danny has been downgraded to a category 2. More weakening is expected.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...
edit on 22-8-2015 by jrod because: add

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Looks like tropical storm soon to be hurricane Erika may be hitting Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Leeward Islands, Florida,...:
Source

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with why it was so whhindy here today.possibly?

It was crazy, our box van was all over the place.

We get these extreme windy days every single year, but if I am not mistaken todays seemed a bit early and oddly intense, abnormally strong....

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'll take the silence as, "why yes, that question was extremely stupid, so stupid in fact it has been unamimously deemed unworthy of a response"

Which I'm ok with. Never once have I claimed to be the sharpest tack In the junk door. Gods blessed me where he saw fit and that works for me

I'm just curious where exactly is this wind coming from? Also if anyone else thinks storms and strange weather are becoming more frequent and powerful, and maybe a bit unpredictable?

I mean have we agreed something is happening yet? Whether it be natural cyclical climate changes, man caused (global warming), geoengineering has gone to far, we're entering a "mini-ice age"
.....what is it? To me it's obvious something different is occurring, it's not just weather as per the usual.

It's funny, I think Obama is actually here right now, or will be very soon. I heard one of his objectives is to observe the effects of climate change.

Well he should see it! We're getting Cali status temps (meaning nice and hot), the consistent high temperatures we've been witnessing lately are not common I do not believe.

last winter was virtually non existent and comfortably warm most the time. Word on the street around here is this winter will be no better, worse in fact........

many many winter recreation enthusiasts around here. If this trend continues, Alaska will continue to morph into a completely different place when compared to what it has been for so long.....not sure what that means for me, snowboarding is a very deep passion imbedded in my soul......fortunately I have other passions.
edit on 28-8-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The models are all over the place on Erika. I live in Fort Myers, Fl. and this is quite concerning. Governor Scot issued a State of Emergency for all of Florida today in preparation for Erika. The models are so confusing. I'm thinking of just observing the behavior of my cat to see what he does!!

new topics

top topics

join