It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fixed Dimensional Rifts, Portals or Thinning Dimensional Walls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was under the impression that there are several accounts of fixed places around the world where potential dimensional rifts or portals may exist. I'm speaking of repeated strange encounters as well as instances of people disappearing a reappearing with lost or gained time. However, after reading a bit about Skinwalker Ranch, I did a search for these supposed places where time seems to slip, people disappear, or strange encounters seem to happen that once could hypothesize as a transdimensional encounter. I couldn't find a single place in my search. Besides Skinwalker Ranch, I can think of the Bermudas Triangle off the top of my head. I misunderstood that Hanging Rock in Australia was an actual time portal/dimensional rift but it turns out that was just a fictional story. Someone also mentioned that Irish folklore talks at length about thinning walls between dimensions but I found nothing to support this. Can anyone think of places, no matter how flimsy the accounts, that may fit such a description (besides the Bermuda Triangle and Skinwalker Ranch obviously)? I know it's sort of a broad criteria so to bring some focus: any fixed place or general area that events or accounts could indicate as a dimensional portal or rift. Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoria

...any fixed place or general area that events or accounts could indicate as a dimensional portal or rift.

How would we be able to do that with no baseline? You know, a known model of a "dimensional portal or rift" that would provide a basis for comparison?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I am not sure if this counts BUT I think it is worth bringing up:

Dome of Rock in Jerusalum.

A lot of interesting historical events and then more recently that incredible UFO

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PreHerStoriawww.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is in the area of what your looking for.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yeah, it's really difficult for me to communicate what I'm asking because it's a really broad and vague topic. I guess there are certain conspiracy theory hot spots and I was wondering what places (geographically speaking) are popularly regarded amongst conspiracy theorists as dimensional disturbances. For example, Skinwalker Ranch may be tall tales, rumors, and lies, it could be the site of an underground alien base, it could be haunted by the cursed spirits of Native Americans...there are a ton of theories, but one of the popular theories is that Skinwalker Ranch is the site of a dimensional portal. Likewise, the Bermuda Triangle could be superstition, alien abductions, or a dimensional rift - all theories that have supporters. I was just curious as to other places where events that have supposedly taken place have incited the "dimensional rift" theory. I don't know if that makes any more sense than my first post.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

YES! This is exactly the type of information I was looking for. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I love that video! I'm not familiar with the dome itself so I'll have to read up on it to see what sort of events took place there. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I was just curious as to other places where events that have supposedly taken place have incited the "dimensional rift" theory.

Gee, seems harmless enough, I suppose.

How about Hessdalen Norway?

P.S. Also, I understand from reliable sources that technicians using dimensional-wall-thinning gauges have been picking up readings that indicate thinness in Gisel, Iran.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Info on Dome of Rock:

Muslim shrine that was built on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in AD 691.

Built over the highest part (the dome) of Mount Moriah which is where Jews and Christians believe Abraham was prepared to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice to God (Genesis 22:1–14).

Considered to be the location of the threshing floor of Araunah, the Jebusite, where David built an altar to the Lord (2 Samuel 24:18).

It is also on or very near the site that Herod’s Temple stood before it was destroyed in AD 70 by the Roman army.

Some believe the Dome of the Rock was built because, according to Muslim legend, the Prophet Muhammad was taken to Mount Moriah by the angel Gabriel, and from there Muhammad ascended into heaven and met all the prophets that had preceded him, as well as seeing God sitting on His throne surrounded by angels.

link

Then we've got one of our era's most incredible UFO sightings (and footage to back it up), taking place right over the Dome of Rock. All of the major news stations covered it and loads of people in Jerusalem captured it on film. Quite amazing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Cool - I'll look into those. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Then we've got one of our era's most incredible UFO sightings (and footage to back it up), taking place right over the Dome of Rock.

Which is a famous hoax.

How did you miss the memo on that?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can tell you that the pyramid in Chitzen Itza, Mexico had a very "electric" vibe to it. The whole place felt like it was buzzing with energy.

Now, the Colosseum in Rome? It felt dead, lifeless...just an old ruin of stone. The same with all the other European sites I visited...all dead and cold feeling.

I had never experienced anything like that Mayan site -- there was something in the air you could feel, it had me on edge the entire time.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Devil's Gate in Pasadena might also be a place you might want to research about..

People have disappeared from there in strange ways that "might" be related to to someone opening a "portal"...

you will have to decide......................

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Cool - I'll look into those. Thanks!

Okay, good. Be sure not to forget Brocéliande while you're at it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I once spent a few day's knocking around the Skinwalker Ranch area, just out of Ballard Utah, it a scary and desolate place but I didn't see any Bigfoot. I do carry a .45 auto so maybe that is my talisman for protection. All of that scary stuff doesn't have much of an affect on me. I am a practical man and I remember the ethos as I was taught in the Merchant Marines, Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother in the valley.
I have actively searched out the thin, vail as it were and come up empty. I even tried the local pharmacology stuff at Chaco Canyon, and once looked into eyes of the Jade Jaguar at ChiChen Itza, I may have heard a few sounds but I am still here. I don't think a confident person has much to fear. I did have an anxiety attack while strolling at through the forum in Rome. Perhaps I was killed there in a past life, or perhaps it was just jet lag. Either way when I feel fear, I shake my head and go back the the ethos.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2015 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yes, such places exist.

Yes, the walls between worlds do change in relation to each other.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Is Point Pleasant relevant?! The Mothman Prophesies was a good read regarding similar, however fleeting, occurrences.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
BOLD street in London.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks so much, everyone. A lot to read through - I really appreciate all of the suggestions!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Local lore puts one that was marked by a native American stone arch just South of Tucson, AZ in a remote canyon.

Tales of out of place travelers, daylight streaming from it at night, disappearing folks, etc. ... mainly sourced from a Tucson Weekly piece and scuttlebutt from a decade ago.

Another is in Sedona...also Arizona... and now a new age tourist trap. So, in other words, Arizona is a strange place with strange people, heh.

I'm not sure these tales are true, but there just might be something to them... I saw a lit up gigantic "Ferris wheel" looking thing one night in Tucson where I knew there was an empty lot... when I drove closer to check it out, there was only the empty lot... so UFO or UCR ... unidentified carnival ride, dunno.

Oh, and Westchester County New York has some weird time and dimensional tales attached to it as well... if you find anything not mentioned in this thread, do tell... as who doesn't want to read about dimensional portals?
edit on 8/27/2015 by Baddogma because: add - fix

top topics

<<   2 >>

join