It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Thinks We Haven't Given the NSA Enough Power to Spy on Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think this shows how out of touch a lot of politicians are with the country. It seems like almost everyone is concerned that the government is spying on citizens too much- but not Jeb Bush. He wants to double down on NSA spying. I don't know who we thinks will be attracted to this, other than the most hard-core Republican hawks, but I think it's a bad strategy, or just being naive.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is as if these politicians (Bush, Clinton, etc) are saying "We are going to do what we want. It doesn't matter what you think about us. You idiots will elect us anyway."

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

“There’s a place to find common ground between personal civil liberties and NSA doing its job,”

Nope.

By collecting everyone's data, you assume everyone is a criminal.

Jebedediah is using the term "civil liberties" ha, lol, lmao.

Just the same as Hillary claiming she doesn't know how a computer works.
edit on 21-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Just going to leave this here. Video is from 2 years ago, covers what was known of NSA spying back then. Their capabilities are horrifying.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So what this about Republicans and small government ?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This man has zero charisma. I still say Hillary is the anointed one. Perhaps her coronation will truly show the proles that their vote really doesn't count and the whole thing is just a facade. Servers? She will skate as she always does. The Clintons are superb politicians, world class in every respect. Politicians and thats it. As far as being useful servants of the people...now way, they only serve themselves. Regarding the NSA, I say good morning to them and bid them all a wonderful day. I just assume they can read everything if they so desire. Why the hell they would want to read my stuff, would be beyond me? If they did so, they must be incredibly bored.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

gizmodo.com...

I don't think we, the American people who are the government, have given the NSA enough power to spy on Jeb Bush, and the rest of our political leaders.

As for our government spying on private citizens by pushing through legislation that the people and the supreme court have not agreed to I believe it needs to stop. I don't appreciate the 4th amendment being brushed aside.

I also believe that Edward Snowden should receive a partial pardon and slap on the wrist for divulging a little more than necessary. I think his time in Russia should count as time served, with no additional prison time.

I believe Edward Snowden will go down in history as a true American Constitutionalist Patriot. A patriot that our founding fathers would stand and applaud for his courage in the face of extreme adversity.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So what this about Republicans and small government ?

Yes, Republicans support small government**

**Some restrictions apply - see Immigration, Marriage, Religion, Foreign Policy, War, NSA, DOJ & Law Enforcement, Welfare, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Bush Family out of touch? They are Enemies of the Country and Humanity.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't think we, the American people who are the government, have given the NSA enough power to spy on Jeb Bush, and the rest of our political leaders.
a reply to: Isurrender73

That's for sure. We need to have a watchdog group watching our politicians. There's enough criminals and traitors in their ranks.

As for our government spying on private citizens by pushing through legislation that the people and the supreme court have not agreed to I believe it needs to stop. I don't appreciate the 4th amendment being brushed aside.

I agree. I think any legislation which will affect a citizen's constitutional rights should always be placed on a ballot for the American public to vote on. We shouldn't be relying on our self serving representatives who are easily influenced by special interest groups. We certainly can't rely on them to uphold their oath to "to protect the constitution of the United States." They clearly haven't upheld their oath of office.

I also believe that Edward Snowden should receive a partial pardon and slap on the wrist for divulging a little more than necessary. I think his time in Russia should count as time served, with no additional prison time.

The Snowden's are the real patriots of this country. Obama ran on a platform of Transparency in government, yet has done nothing of the sort and has condemned Snowden just like his puppet masters.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Makes me wonder how much dirt the NSA already has on politicians. Maybe that's why so many politicians, Republicans and Democrats alike are so eager to roll over and give them even more power to spy on whoever they want.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
your bro would say the same that's why we don't want you, you cant fix it sorry
Well its official Jeb Bush is trying to make another stride at trying to make America forget that he is the worst candidate for the job ( well at least biologically speaking) . and I will give you five facts to prove it .

urbanpolitix.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It doesn't matter who we vote for I'm afraid. The 2000 election when Jebby was governor of Florida is strong evidence(in my humble opinion) that voting does not matter. They manipulate the polling data, they parade on the main stream media who they want to win, and if all else fails I do believe they will simply rig the election.

The US has been practicing this for decades and decades in South and Central America, don't be so naive to believe they won't do it in the 'homeland'.

With Bush saying this now, if he is elected he can claim increased domestic spying is the will of the electorate.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thats the awesomeness of GOP endorsed Republicans.

They talk small gov't but vote and support Big gov't every chance they get.

top topics

join