It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping...errr whatever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh wow. Yeah I am extremely careful about the batteries and everything. I have a separate charger and two married sets of batteries. I haven't had that happen but thank you for the warning.

I did have something similar happen with my 50w eleaf where it would randomly fire and I read reports of it exploding and such so I no longer use it but the IPV4 is excellent. I'm loving the temp control and can't wait until the dna200 comes out and I can afford it haha.

a reply to: Domo1

Vape on Friends

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, has anyone built coils with nichrome or titanium? I hear the flavor is amazing so im curious but don't quite wanna pull the trigger yet. I hear a nichrome and kanthal clapton coil is one of the best for flavor and vapor so I wanna try that as well as titanium for the temp control.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I also quit smoking by vaping. I have my sense of smell and my sense of taste back! I also love the fact that vaping does not stink and doesn't leave that nasty smell in my clothes.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have the Kbox mini. I really like the digital battery indicator. Agreed,good line of products.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I switched to vaping, i was put off when a "good kit" started to fail, the mix would come out but i found a cheaper semi-disposable version that im happy with, still not as cheap as it can be but compared to the real thing is VERY cheap AND much more healthy.

I havnt smoked a real cig in months and im sure theres a better version vape unit than what i have now but my aim is to quit all togther so im trying not to think about 'upgrading' to a cheaper self mix version and simply smoking only in the evenings and chosing weaker and weaker nicotine carts, then hopefully to a non-nicotine cart and then hopefully (hopefully) nothing! o/

Grats OP! Several packs a day is a serious habbit, vaping must have had a huge impact on your life and those around you.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
been vaping for about 5 years now, since my first child was in womb. Started off with NJoy crap, then graduated to 510 cigalikes (mods werent made or even thought of yet lol) then finally a couple years ago, the mods started getting bigger and better, so I bought into em and havent looked back. Currently working with an ipv3 i bought at christmas, a couple of 25r samsung batteries, and a doge v4 with copper posts. Love the RDA, but wish i had a plastic mouthipece for it since the metal gets so freaking hot at 100w continuous. I make my own juice and coils.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
-So many flavors with new ones all the time
-They smell much better, Home, hair, clothes, car
-Obviously less damaging for health
-End up cheaper most of the time
-Less pollution, Batteries might be bad for the environement but the bottles are mostly recyclable so are the coils.
-Different level of nicotine, which in the long run gives lesser cravings
-New products all the time, the technology is booming at the moment and probably will for a couple more years

The future is here, now! :p

I never smoked tobacco or vaped but I can see how much better it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
-So many flavors with new ones all the time
-They smell much better, Home, hair, clothes, car
-Obviously less damaging for health
-End up cheaper most of the time
-Less pollution, Batteries might be bad for the environement but the bottles are mostly recyclable so are the coils.
-Different level of nicotine, which in the long run gives lesser cravings
-New products all the time, the technology is booming at the moment and probably will for a couple more years

The future is here, now! :p

I never smoked tobacco or vaped but I can see how much better it is.

To people who havnt vaped or smoked, its a bit like a shisha pipe - but i suspect those same people wouldnt have tryed that either.

EDIT: i mean like how it tastes, how it effects you, charming flavors - not the actual way smoking/vaping is done. Obviously vaping doesnt involve water or flames.
edit on b3333458 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KingKelson

I did have something similar happen with my 50w eleaf

Ugh, me too. I bough two mods in a row that turned out dangerous and had issues. Luckily I returned them both within 30 days. From now on I'm going to try to wait a few months to see if a mod has problems. I failed doing that with the VaporShark DNA200

I'm loving the temp control and can't wait until the dna200 comes out and I can afford it haha.

My VaporShark should ship on Monday, I'm excited! There are a number of them out right now, but affording them is a different story. I think the cheapest I've seen is $150ish, all the rest are $200+.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Fortunately I was only smoking about a pack or less a day (when I said "3/4" earlier I meant three quarters, not 3 to 4).

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Biigs

Fortunately I was only smoking about a pack or less a day (when I said "3/4" earlier I meant three quarters, not 3 to 4).

Ah okay, phew. 3-4 would be A LOT but there are people who do.

Did you notice that strangers no longer make that scrunched up "i smell an ashtray face" when you meet them now?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just stumbled upon this video and remembered reading your thread earlier. I think it fits. In the video are five facts about e-cigarettes and vaping. I thought somebody would be interested.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Wow...more mis-information, "friendly" propaganda and scare tactics by big tobacco!

Sounds kinda like fracking by big oil, huh?

edit on 8/21/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: syntax

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Congratulations everyone! I am so thankful to vaping and believe it is the best source to quitting smoking. If it wasn't for vaping i really don't know how I would have quit smoking, I did a pack a day of kool filter kings for 10 years, I was literally sick of cigarettes but couldn't stop it. The day after I started vaping is the day I quit cigarettes. Good luck to everyone on their journey.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I work big steel, I love it..., not an ironworker,...: i don't bolt the steel up. I'm the Engineer who swings the line and elevation. I'm a layout engineer.

I don't want to do that anymore. I've worked 1,500 feet off the ground; setting up instruments in the 'sky'.

Perhaps I'm done now

I'm just an an old man now. I've seen the sights, I've got the pictures.

I used to be the "Rescue" guy, who would come up and get you on the steel. That was my job.

I was a Paramedic 1 then, but I had a "high angle" rescue Cert

It took 1,000 feet of rope, 4 bights of 300 meter rope.

First order of business was taking care of the injured in the sky, up on the steel...

Down two floors, stabilize (in mid air)), Immobilize...begin transport.

I thought I was good then..but I wasn't. The building was off-hand, we were exposed. The cranes couldn't get to where we were. We couldn't take the patient off. (it's odd, I understand, but it's hard to describe).

My wife was so afraid, I'd called her and told of the situation. I could go to the ground easily, but a man's life held in the balance...and we never give up.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
And so I smoked a little bit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join