It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi gold train 'found in Poland'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DichroChrono
I'll have to stay tuned to find out how they managed to hide a 500' long train for 70 years.

I'd want a hell of a lot more than ten percent, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DichroChrono
a reply to: weirdguy

True! Though you'd think there would be train tracks not too far away.

I agree but they must have ripped up the old tracks at some stage?

A Polish radio station cited local folklore as saying the train entered a tunnel near Ksiaz Castle in the mountainous Lower Silesian region and never emerged. According to that theory, the tunnel was later closed and its location long forgotten.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 3America/Chicago51Wed, 19 Aug 2015 23:51:20 -0500191100000015 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

I wonder how it was hidden, and if anyone ever came back for any of the treasures on the sly?

You can bet the blokes who found it have stashed what they can, just in case........

I was wondering that myself, how does a train stay hidden or get lost ? And for 70 years too.I mean it's a train..it's huge.
If it is true and they did find a "hidden" train, those Nazis were very good at hiding things.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The only "Nazi loot" I ever got my hands on was a Luger pistol, a K98 bayonet, and a small sack of Roman coins, which my old man may his wicked soul rest in peace, smuggled out of Italy with the 10th Mountain Division after WW ll.

edit on 20-8-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
this would be quite an amazing find indeed. probably the most valuable and largest of all time? imagine trying to get all that gold out... it would take a train. in all seriousness that's probably why the founders went to the authorities, no real practical means of moving the loot without alerting suspicion

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I havent re-read the article but I spotted it a couple of days ago. As to how this train was hidden, it does mention miles of tunnels under the mountains that were specifically made (it would seem) for stashing arms and loot.

Also given the number of goat herders, hikers, curious village kids etc its reasonable to assume that any entry wouldnt be completely obvious and that would include overgrown tracks, cuttings through hills, signals, cave mouths etc. Its easy to see that one could start deducing where any entries are likely to be. But there may also be air shafts that were less well obscured and entry could be obtained that way. Id have to say all the major entries would have been dynamited. Also I note that the article mentions hazardous materials - it could be 'heavy water' and other items associated with early nuclear experimentation. Maybe it could be found with a Geiger counter. Which leads me to wonder if the rocks in that region are naturally more radioactive than usual and hence made a good site to hide radioactive materials.

It could also be chem or bio weapons...

I've just had a read of the polish news articles and one of them seems to indicate that yes it could be a WWII train but not always a 'gold' train - "If it is a Gold Wroclaw train may be even approx. 300 tons of gold"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
There are many abandon and hidden train tracks in the US. I dont know that you could hide a train though. But the Nazi's were pretty good at hiding their tracks. Cant wait for Antartica to melt out. Might be some cool stuff there too.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smirkley because: Pun unintended lol

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UltraMind

what if the hazardous material turned out to be the fuel for the Die Glocke weapon?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Normally I would see no issues with a finders fee however in certain circumstances, like this one, there should be no personal profit from war crimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

100 percent agree.

The Nazi's looted and stole from the Jewish community. Their heirs deserve full return if they can be found.

Blood gold.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Interesting, hope more information comes out...

Also it could have been treasures from some of tge very old German families that supported the nazis, and felt hiding it was better than risking the allies confiscating it.

But either way it's pure speculation till the authorities do a deal...

Personally i would rather they give the 10% and get the rest back to the families than leave it underground.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It probably was found in a hidden mountain bunker - the NAZI's most certainly had plenty of those in Poland.

Just think how much the thing weighs!

By the way, they didn't happen to see an object about yay high,shaped like a bell?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I don't like the sound of that - I know I can wait for Antarctica to melt - Considering it's the Arctic that is melting, the Antarctic is where the "Aliens" are hiding.

And to the person who said give it back to the people it was stolen from - even if that would be possible - to find out who owned what.........

They would probably be dead - if it was collected from Jewish prisoners , probably more likely stolen from France during the invasion.

Germany and France have a little history when it comes to trains and war!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Wonder if this is the real deal, how can something as big as a train go missing all these years? And, if real, of course the two guys should get their 10 percent - even after filling their pockets with loot. If I found a train full of gold I'd be kicking back and watching the sun shine over my South Sea Island while sipping on the finest available.

Important to remember that the Nazi's built numerous secret facilities all over Europe, many of which still have not been uncovered. They built bases in South America too, something many don't realize. They even had a Nazi group in a compound in the US.

With the amount of slave labor they had, and the amount of time they had, combined with the extreme paranoia of the Third Reich, it would not surprise me at all if this train was found in a previously unknown underground bunker facility where a senior officer stashed it.

This is only one of a number of locations said to hold Nazi secrets. There was an ongoing effort to search one of the incredibly deep lakes in Austria (I believe) where it was reported that trucks were arriving at the end of the war and crates of gold were being dumped there. They did find things there too eventually.

Although I think they're right to treat this with skepticism until evidence is found, I don't think it's unlikely at all that a remote location under Nazi control at the time would hold such a secret for this long. There were a lot of senior officers looking out for themselves by the end of WW2, they had little loyalty to their glorious leader or his collapsing Reich when the allies were marching on Berlin.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

By the way, they didn't happen to see an object about yay high,shaped like a bell?

Nah, that would have gone to Russia or the US - or more likely, both.

I fully believe that these secrets were divided up between the US and Russia after the war, most likely with pieces of each project being found by either side in the weeks and months after the end of WW2.

You never keep all your eggs in one basket, so it's likely that the Nazi's had each project divided up across the country. When the allied forces took control each would have had access to a certain aspect of each project.

This is why I also believe that many UFO's are more likely to be as a result of that. Both the US and Russia have this technology, they just each have variations on what the Nazi's started.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Many UFO's, but not all of them.......

I also think the Bell or at least the knowledge went west, the Roswell crash could be something to do with it - but it doesn't explain the bodies!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Has anyone actually seen the Train, or it it just a hunch they have found what might be a tunnel and there could be a Train inside it...Pics anyone?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Normally I would see no issues with a finders fee however in certain circumstances, like this one, there should be no personal profit from war crimes.

I kind of understand the sentiment, but they are not responsible for the crimes committed. All they've done is discover something incredible, something which will inevitably enrich our history and our understanding of the time.

And if they've found this in a previously unexplored location, chances are good that there might be a lot more there waiting to be uncovered too.

If they indeed have discovered this, they have given the world an incredible piece of the story, they have added to our history, and they have provided a massive boost to the Polish economy in the process.

They deserve at least 10% in my opinion. And that doesn't need to come from the material itself, it can come from the massive number of opportunities these men will now have to tell their story, and share the experience with the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

Many UFO's, but not all of them.......

I also think the Bell or at least the knowledge went west, the Roswell crash could be something to do with it - but it doesn't explain the bodies!!

I agree that much of the timing of experiences seems to fit entirely with the notion that the US was testing technology claimed after WW2. They had the scientists, they occupied vast areas of Germany, there was seemingly an evolution in the technology people were seeing, there were even reports from neighboring countries around Germany in the 50's of mysterious rockets crashing and leaving no evidence.

All of this tells me that in the years after the war both Russia and the US were playing with Nazi technology.

As for the bodies, there's only very limited information on that, and from what I have seen they could just as easily have been primates. Lets not forget that the US was already sending primates into space to test the effects. Why would we think they wouldn't do the same when testing a new aircraft capable of flying at extreme speeds?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Two people in Poland say they may have found a Nazi train rumoured to be full of gold, gems and guns that disappeared in World War Two, Polish media say.

You can bet they took some of it, as some have said, just in case. And no precious gems, like rubies and diamonds, are not too hard to smuggle without being noticed. You only need small amount to get rich

The 10% is just a formality. Personal belongings should be returned to original owners, if they can provide authentic claims for it, the rest should get processed I think.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join