It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 Government Emails Revealed In Ashly Madison Leak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And that's just the beginning. Analysts are pouring over the data and released information pertaining to military and government e- mail addresses. It's being reported that some 15,000 accounts are affiliated with .mil and .gov e-mail addresses.

Source

But the single government domain with the most Ashley Madison users was … the Department of Veterans Affairs, with 104. Meanwhile, 22 of D.C.’s city government employees and 22 Montgomery County employees appear to have used work addresses to sign up.

15,000 government emails revealed in Ashley Madison Leak

Another interesting aspect of this ordeal was posted today by the economic policy journal. According to marketwatch, who has been perusing the data; financial institutions have also been caught up in this ordeal, leading the pack is Wells Fargo.

Source

Wells Fargo — @wellsfargo.com: 175
Bank of America — @bankofamerica.com: 76
Deutsche Bank — @db.com: 73
Goldman Sachs — @gs.com: 45
PNC Bank — @pnc.com: 28
U.S. Bancorp — @usbank.com: 15
Bank of New York Mellon — @bnymellon.com: 14
Citigroup — @citi.com: 51
J.P. Morgan Chase — @jpmchase.com: 9
Capital One — @capitalone.com: 4

On a side note, Ashley Madison did not use an e-mail verification system, so it can be taken with a grain of salt that some of the addresses may be a false link. However, credit card information is another thing, as mentioned in the first article above.

The daily mail reported yesterday that the Vatican and UN e-mail accounts are associated with the data dump as well, including members of the British government.

Source

The names, ages, addresses, phone numbers and credit card details of up to 37million users including 1.2million in the UK were revealed in a 9.7 gigabyte file called 'Time's Up!' posted on the dark web.

Bankers, civil servants, UN peacekeepers and even Vatican employees have been outed by hackers from the Impact Team because they are considered 'cheating dirtbags'.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out or if it's brushed under the rug. If anything at all, it could be used to blackmail a lot of people in high up places; that is if it turns out the e-mail addresses are correct, in my opinion, some may be fake, but most are not.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 19-8-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

I feel like people would know better to use a work e-mail address but people do some crazy things.

Also I did read that part that it is not e-mail verified, so I am not taking those as fact that it was employees.

edit on thWed, 19 Aug 2015 18:38:26 -0500America/Chicago820152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Still in the process of downloading the dataset.
Hope to confirm some of this info later.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of it is true

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

And if it is? Last I've heard people like to get it on. Perhaps I'm not sure why any of this is newsworthy, let alone interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone looked for addresses from the Clinton's mail server? Seems like something Bill wouldn't be able to pass up on!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hilary got those taken care of.

edit on thWed, 19 Aug 2015 18:58:51 -0500America/Chicago820155180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now this could get very intresting

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Divorce attorneys are going to be very busy in the near future. I do feel bad for their spouses,there are going to be a lot of broken hearts out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Isn't 15,000 about how many were deleted from Hillary's server?

And how many of those might have come from Lerner?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And if it is? Last I've heard people like to get it on. Perhaps I'm not sure why any of this is newsworthy, let alone interesting.

Because AshleyMadison.com caters to married people looking to cheat on their spouse. It is not simply a Match.com or Tinder type of site where singles go to meet folks.
edit on 8/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
News Flash! Humans are horny little monkeys.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why take the criminals at their word? They were slimy enough to hack into someone elses' server illegally, why would they be above adding in any email addresses they see fit? If I called the cops and claimed I found a murder weapon in a house I was burglerizing, and handed it over, would anyone buy that?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I guess Josh Duggars name came up too, this is fun.
raw story

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals, So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

Sex - it's a very exciting thing - we are geared for it and can go from zero to horny quicker than Hillary can delete emails.

Personally, shining a light on high-profile public figures having A.M accounts is irrelevant - these individuals are most likely going to face serious employment and social consequences simply by using gov email addresses to create accounts on websites - websites which are most likely deemed to breach IT compliance regulations.

Stoopid politicians need lovin too ya know.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I could care less what people do in they're personal lives. That being said, in the political arena it can create havoc, and that drama can translate to affect us, not saying it will, but heck, Bill was up for impeachment for his improprieties.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

I could care less what people do in they're personal lives. That being said, in the political arena it can create havoc, and that drama can translate to affect us, not saying it will, but heck, Bill was up for impeachment for his improprieties.

Well that affair er, blew over very quickly! Anyway, it'll probably turn out that the guys and gals of the NCTC were having a nosy around to see what's what...advantage the secret service, and maybe a few bob, or phone numbers for themselves as well.

edit on 19-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not 100% sure on the legitimacy of the records.

I'm sure they are the dumps from the site, but to me it looks like dummy accounts created with specific email accounts by various entities not being the specific person.

I just cannot see that many people using their work email accounts - not just any people but
governments
hospitals
law firms
schools

our firm blocks that kind of site as do many other places.

majority of people know how to create a Gmail account.

it doesn't add up for me just yet - to many people would be ashamed to have their local IT department giggling about them signing up to Ashley Madison - thus wouldnt do it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Look at stats for all the government email addresses.

I see some local south florida hits in there.

http:///U4QQEaBE

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals, So let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

Sex - it's a very exciting thing - we are geared for it and can go from zero to horny quicker than Hillary can delete emails.

Personally, shining a light on high-profile public figures having A.M accounts is irrelevant - these individuals are most likely going to face serious employment and social consequences simply by using gov email addresses to create accounts on websites - websites which are most likely deemed to breach IT compliance regulations.

Stoopid politicians need lovin too ya know.

To me it puts things in perspective. I'm horny too, but not on Ashley Madison.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
News Flash! Humans are horny little monkeys.

Pics/video or I don't believe you....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join