It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I guess indoctrination is more blanket than just Christian indoctrination. One could argue that all religions are indoctrination when taught to a child. We could even argue that all schooling of a child is indoctrination of one sort or another.

Something has to be put in the minds of children.

Instead of Christian, Muslim or Jewish, morality etc it is the State's version of PC and LGBT+

Happy indoctrinating

Just making a point.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good question, but I highly doubt you are going to find many Christians on ATS who would be willing to put themselves out there publicly saying that they'd disown their children or something along those lines. More than likely, they'd lie to us (and maybe even themselves) and say that they'd love them all the same.

Their bible covers it. It says give them over to the devil for a time, meaning abandon them, rebuke then, disown them, excommunicate them, gulag them, whatever.

After all, they are going to hell anyway, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: chrismarco

Who cares? So tired of this religious crusade to either push the agenda or destroy it...move it along...this stuff ranks up there with deflate gate...

I care.
I care about the children and youths and adults who are being brow-beaten or threatened with abandonment or held captive by their parents' expectations. I care about the condemnation and hate-filled rantings of self-styled "righteous" people.

You might get a kick out of this…

language warning

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't love my parents because of what they became. Works both ways....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ATTENTION!! To assuage the hurt feelings and misunderstandings, I have changed the title.

To parents of ANY religion (in particular those who hold anti-gay views) - WHAT WILL YOU DO if your child turns out to be LBGT? What do you think will happen to their "souls"?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We all know how IS parents react.

What?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

We all know how IS parents react.

What?

They throw them off high buildings apparently.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You should modify the reference to Christians/Conservatives too.

It sounds too prejudicial.

Specifically this: If you are a Conservative Bible-Believing Christian who abhors the "gays" - what will you do if your child announces to you that they are a boy trapped in a girl's body, or that they are simply gay? What if your straight male child falls in love with a wonderful, beautiful girl who turns out to be transgendered? Or tells you their best friend is gay?

edit on Aug-19-2015 by xuenchen because: [77]

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No.
The Christian Right-Wing are the ones in the USA openly hating on gay rights and condemning people who are not "heterosexual". I've already changed the title. That will have to do.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

ATTENTION!! To assuage the hurt feelings and misunderstandings, I have changed the title.

To parents of ANY religion (in particular those who hold anti-gay views) - WHAT WILL YOU DO if your child turns out to be LBGT? What do you think will happen to their "souls"?

What does it matter what a parent thinks will happen to their kids' soul? You're moving the goalpost, as that wasn't the original question. So now it looks like you want to not only judge a person for their actions but also their feelings toward another person.

Why?

If the parent still loves their child and doesn't change how they treat them and doesn't disown them, what does it matter? If they aren't calling their child on a daily basis to tell them they're going to hell, what does it matter? I personally know two gays, one male and one female, who come from religious families. Both sets of parents accept their child is gay. Both families still spend holidays together. Both families still all love each other. The parents can't reconcile their child's lifestyle with their own religious views, but it's had zero impact on their relationship. Isn't that good enough? Or should we shame parents for not giving up their own religion that they aren't forcing anybody else into just because their child does something that conflicts with the religion of the parents?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What does it matter what a parent thinks will happen to their kids' soul?

It matters to the kids.

You're moving the goalpost, as that wasn't the original question.
No, not moving the goalpost.

So now it looks like you want to not only judge a person for their actions but also their feelings toward another person.

Why?

I have already stated several times - I want parents or 'future-parents' to think about these things. I want their offspring to not feel rejected and hated and hell-bound because of who they are.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Apparently all anti-gay parents toss gays off of buildings.

And disown them afterwards.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Can you not be serious for a change?

This is pertinent and a major issue in our society. The psyches of millions of people are involved.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Can you not be serious for a change?

This is pertinent and a major issue in our society. The psyches of millions of people are involved.

Yeah, and I feel like I was sucker-punched. I guess even us old folks still fall for it from time to time.

I won't call you a "televangelist" but I got suckered.

Good job!

I'm usually too cynical to fall for this kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What is the prescribed treatment from officialdom? Say I find little Revolution9 Junior trying on his Mommy's clothes what should I do?

I think I would say hey lil fella, suits you better than Mommy.

Honestly it all makes no difference to me. I have seen and been so many diverse sides of myself that I would not bat a false eyelash.

Fortunately there is no little mini me version of Revolution9 so you can breathe a sigh of relief.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

But this thread is not in a political forum.

Religion is a universally accepted topic, not one sided.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It isn't strictly a "political issue", xuen. Some of you are trying to paint it as such, but it's a SOCIAL ISSUE.
Whether you like it or not - it needs to be addressed. For the sake of the children and the FUTURE of humanity.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Your answer was great when you first posted....

WHY try to demonize me now for asking the question?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Your answer was great when you first posted....

WHY try to demonize me now for asking the question?

Becaause I thought the question was sincere, so I answered sincerely.

But now I see the usual christian-bashers and the focus on christianity and once again, I got suckered.

I'll admit, you got me.

You win.

I'll leave the thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

It isn't strictly a "political issue", xuen. Some of you are trying to paint it as such, but it's a SOCIAL ISSUE.
Whether you like it or not - it needs to be addressed. For the sake of the children and the FUTURE of humanity.

What have all of these so called "Social Issues" that we are lambasted with on a daily basis done?

Are we all getting closer to that Utopian Dream or have we become so divided that companies are making bank on selling survival gear?

I'm not feeling the love are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join