It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Official Under Fire For Islamophobic Facebook Post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm thinking this has already been posted but the Search isn't even loading for me so if it's here someplace already, go at it Mods.

www.worldbulletin.net...

A Texas official Sid Miller refuses to apologize for a shared post on Facebook, which suggested that an atomic bomb should be dropped on "the Muslim world." The Texas Department of Agriculture claimed Miller did not personally share the post, but simply reposted it. The Facebook post by Texas Agriculture Commissioner depicts a mushroom cloud, saying Japan has "been at peace" with the United States since the U.S. dropped two atomic bombs on Japan in August 1945.

The post's caption goes on to state, "It's time we made peace with the Muslim world." The post appeared on Miller's page during the weekend, but was removed on Monday, Associated Press reported.

So with that out of the way...Notice the title? Why all of a sudden is the term "Phobia" a negative one. It was always about fear but now it's used to express hatred.

Homophobia in the right sense should be a fear of homosexuals.

Islamophobia should mean a fear of Islam.

But now we are being conditioned to see hate when we see phobia it seems.

Arachnophobia is not a hatred of spiders and claustrophobia is not a hatred of small places. These are fears but when we use the term to label people we are subconsciously saying that we hate anything that will henceforth be labelled a phobia.

Waiting for: Whiteaphobia and Blackaphobia.

Right after Obamaphobia? Wait, that might already exist.

Jude

edit on 19-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

"Islamaphobia" is a specific thing. Cavalier mass murder of innocents is another thing entirely.

The opinion of this mental midget falls well within the scope of American exceptionalism. Who's next?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I dont find it near as offensive as the videos ISIS and others post cutting off the heads of people who are gay, Christian, not muslim enough or not muslim at all, or setting them on fire, or shooting them and kicking them into mass graves, or selling women into sex slavery in the market.

YOu know the REAL stuff
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I find it funnier that people are outraged by a meme, because the media told them to be

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

"Islamaphobia" is a specific thing. Cavalier mass murder of innocents is another thing entirely.

The opinion of this mental midget falls well within the scope of American exceptionalism. Who's next?

OP Edited same time as your post.

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Free speech!

Sometimes, it's a bitch!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's just a picture...

On Facebook, non the less...

If you don't like it, keep scrolling.

If you don't want to see it, there is an arrow in the upper right corner you can click...

Select "I don't want to see this"

Carry on.

Dumbasses

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
It's just a picture...

On Facebook, non the less...

If you don't like it, keep scrolling.

If you don't want to see it, there is an arrow in the upper right corner you can click...

Select "I don't want to see this"

Carry on.

Dumbasses

Yup,

The Dumbassiest Dumbasses always get attention tho.

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Free speech!

Sometimes, it's a bitch!

I'm reminded of the words written by the great Kevin Malroney:

Free speech, free speech for the dumb

Free speech, free speech for the dumb

Free effing speech (repeat for 2.5 minutes or so)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Should they be mad about this since we JUST signed a deal with Iran

Thats Israel btw and the dome of the rock , and thats Iranian military and militants staged there to destroy Israel

Just saying

Or are we only outraged by memes and the shallowest crap we can find because thats what people are TOLD to do by the media

Wheres the outrage over that video?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

You won't get any outrage.

They're just destroying Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You won't get any outrage.

They're just destroying Israel.

Oh right yes sorry, what was i thinking

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Social Conditioning and Political Correctness is an out of control train heading for the worlds largest nuclear arsenal!

I'm predicting the collision in less than a year!

Be it the Banks that initiate the explosion or the antics of the PC police and Social Justice Warriors, "Hell's a comin!".....

Wasn't someone in the EU recently arrested for being a "Racist" toward Muslims when Muslims are not a race?

I guess ANY word or definition will do as long as it advances an agenda and destroys free expression and thought?

Just enjoying the end of my ride.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yellowstone will make peace with north America.

Good-day!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

I dont find it near as offensive as the videos ISIS and others post cutting off the heads of people who are gay, Christian, not muslim enough or not muslim at all, or setting them on fire, or shooting them and kicking them into mass graves, or selling women into sex slavery in the market.

YOu know the REAL stuff

Please leave the forum, as we don't have room for bigots. Anywhere

Thanks!

For real though my man, you're probably not a bigot. You just don't understand that muslims are getting killed.... by far more so than any of the others you mentioned.
You're just misinformed, so hopefully now that your informed you will understand you're wrong.

Have a good day sir.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i cant wait for alien visitation, then people may realise that many things do not exist, then maybe people may not be persecuted for something that may not exist.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Please leave the forum, as we don't have room for bigots. Anywhere

Thanks!

You dont get to tell me where to go and where not to, you also dont get to judge on if im a bigot or not.

In fact I find it more bigoted to slam someone for a stupid MEME on facebook , and turn a blind eye to REAL videos of REAL bigots beheading people, setting them on fire, raping their children, selling their women into slavery and burying people in mass graves

I find it MORE bigotted that an entire nation will call for the Death to America, and Death to Isreal, and then make a damn video about it and post it for the WHOLE COUNTRY, and no one bats an eye

Yet YOU try to come on here and call ME a bigot for saying people are stupid about getting mad about a MEME ?

HAHAHHAHHAH (sigh) ignorance must be bliss for you

So no im not wrong, its drummed up outrage by the media and telling people what they should be outraged about, when REAL atrocities are actually happening and no ones saying a damn thing, you want to call me a bigot for that? fine , im the biggest bigot on ATS
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
2 wrongs never make a right but if Islamic extremists stopped making videos showing such deep hatred towards the west and it's values, then people like this would not harbor such ill sentiment back at Islam.

I'm not going to hey dragged down into the who started it debate either. Neither side is blameless .

It's kind of a self feeding loop really.
edit on 19-8-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Texas official is merely demonstrating his ignorance on a massive scale. First off... 1.6 billion ( I think, off of the top of my head ) Muslims in the world, many living in nations that are not inherently Islamic. So, yeah, nukes will surely fix that.

Secondly, if he had an original or intelligent thought, somebody might try to get him to understand the concept of nuance. Seeking to lump every single Muslim into a single category is no more rational than saying that Jehova's Witnesses and Luciferians are exactly alike cuz theology. It's asinine to the extreme.

Third, honestly... if a person starts ranting to me about Islam and then can't tell me which are Shia and which are Sunni? I stop listening right then anyway - as it's obvious to me that the person talking probably would get along great with the ass in the cowboy hat we're discussing here.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And that has nothing to do with anything, other then trying to say that since some people in that area do horrible things, that saying we should just bomb all off it is ok...

I find it very sad that people opposed to just nuking an area get people up in arms about being PC.

Other then that just being the logical thing to be opposed to.

You know since you would kill countless people that had nothing to do with it.

But ya lets rabble rabble about PC!

Meanwhile if I oppose military action I am an american hating commie.
But that isn't the PC police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join