It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Gold Train found in Poland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Another site, Wiadomosci Walbrzyskie, said (in Polish) the train was 150m long and may have up to 300 tonnes of gold on board.

it'd be cool if it's true, i wonder what treasures they'll find on it.. maybe the amber room? that'd be seriously amazing wouldn't it!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

this tail came up in my newsfeed this aft - and reading it - my reaction was WTF ???

something seriously ` lost in translation `

or just WTF ?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

300 tonnes...The two people who found it want 10%
It is 48 million a tonne.
Wow! why can't I find a train full of nazi gold?.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If true the value of your gold just dropped.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I can't imagine the feeling you would have upon opening the door and realizing you are staring at enough money to buy several medium sized countries.

10% sounds fair, but then 2% would probably be quite hard to spend.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
how is it possible that the train was not found before now?
thats crazy man
i dont know what a fair percentage is for the people who found it. i would think a couple mill would be a nice little finders fee.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The gold would be worth approx. $10,936,011,600.00
LOL.

Source....onlygold.com...

edit on 19-8-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Seems like they need to dig it up since the word excavated is used. If that's the case they must have run lines into a dirty great pit, and buried the whole caboodle.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Of course the government of Poland will lay claim to it.

Reports also seem to be strangely missing in Polish media.

Two people in Poland claim to have found a long-lost train carrying a cargo of gold, gems and weapons.
The train, which was said to be laden with hundreds of tons of gold, allegedly disappeared near to the city of Wroclaw in Poland in 1945 just as the Soviets were advancing on the country.

For more than 60 years the final whereabouts of the locomotive remained something of a mystery but now two men in Poland have come forward claiming that they know exactly where it is and will reveal its location to local authorities in exchange for a percentage of its cargo's value.

Early indications suggest that the train could be 150m long with more than 300 tonnes of gold on board however at this point it isn't clear if it really has been found or if the whole thing is a hoax.

City officials in Walbrzych have since formed an emergency committee to investigate the claims.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Two news websites in Walbrzych said the train that was found had guns on turrets along its side. One website, walbrzych24.com, said (in Polish) that one of the men was Polish and the other German.

They were liaising with officials in the city, who have since formed an emergency committee led by the mayor to investigate the claims, the website says.

www.darkgovernment.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay this may be a dumb question, but, how does one lose a train? Follow the tracks right? There is something I'm not understanding here...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus
Okay this may be a dumb question, but, how does one lose a train? Follow the tracks right? There is something I'm not understanding here...

From the BBC link,

"The claim was made to a law office in Walbrzych, 3km (2 miles) from Ksiaz castle.
"Lawyers, the army, the police and the fire brigade are dealing with this," Marika Tokarska, an official at the Walbrzych district council, told Reuters."
"The area has never been excavated before and we don't know what we might find."

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The one thing that makes no sense about this is WHY would the two guys who discovered it make it public.

Guessing that the location is hard to access without drawing attention.

I suppose that might also explain why the Nazi's never went back for it.

One article says it was rumored to be near this place: Książ Castle.

Ksiaz Castle, the Pearl of Lower Silesia, erected in the 13th century, is one of the greatest visitor attractions in the region. Throughout the course of history, this splendid castle had many owners. Between 1509 and 1941, the castle was under the dominion of the mighty House of Hochbergs. The Hochbergs expanded the castle and significantly contributed to its splendor. In 1941 the castle was confiscated by the Nazis. Under their reign numerous historic chambers were destroyed. The Nazis created a system of tunnels underneath the castle, which the function still remains a mystery.

After the castle had been liberated, the demolition work initiated by the Nazis was continued by the Red Army. In 1952 the renovation work was undertaken to restore the Ksiaz Castle to its previous grandeur. Nowadays, visitors can admire the majesty of numerous chambers, terraces and surrounding gardens. The underground tunnel is also available to the public. Those visitors wishing to spend a night, Ksiaz Hotel is conveniently located nearby the castle.

www.poland.travel...

Project Riese

Riese [ˈʁiːzə] (German for "giant") is the code name for the construction project of Nazi Germany in 1943–45. It consists of seven underground structures located in the Owl Mountains and Książ Castle in Lower Silesia, previously Germany, now territory of Poland. None of them were finished, all are in different states of completion with only a small percentage of tunnels reinforced by concrete.

The purpose of the project remains uncertain because of lack of documentation. Some sources suggest that all the structures were part of Hitler's headquarters, according to others, it was a combination of HQ and arms industry but comparison to similar facilities can indicate that only the castle was adapted as an HQ or other official residence and the tunnels in the Owl Mountains were planned as a network of underground factories.

The construction work was done by forced labourers, POWs and prisoners of concentration camps and many lost their lives mostly as a result of disease and malnutrition.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lost treasures from museums, banks or archives. Stories about “hidden treasures” are also immensely popular. Among these “treasures” are the still missing depots of several museums and banks, such as the gold from Breslau, the riches of the Silesian noble family von Schaffgotsch or the works of art stolen by the Nazis in all European nations they had occupied. There are also rumours about the legendary Amber Room being hidden somewhere in Castle Bolkow or Castle Fürstenstein.

A secret armoured train play an important role in these myths. This train supposedly disappeared under unexplained circumstances somewhere between Freiburg and Waldenburg during the last few weeks of the war. Another mystery is a tale repeated in several accounts: A number of lorries under heavy guard by the SS is said to have vanished into thin air somewhere in the mountains around Wüstewaltersdorf. Other reports claim that files from the archives of the Abwehr (a German intelligence organisation) were stored at Castle Czocha; these files allegedly contained documents from French counterintelligence agencies.

www.riese.krzyzowa.org.pl...

edit on 19-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
it's exciting isn't it... just to imagine what a TRAIN would hold in lost treasures and works of art.. i wonder if some effort shouldn't be made to reunite stolen items with their original owners, or their descendants... but cool as anything, wish i could explore it!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
how is it possible that the train was not found before now?
thats crazy man
i dont know what a fair percentage is for the people who found it. i would think a couple mill would be a nice little finders fee.

"how is it possible that the train was not found before now?"

Yeah, I could see them getting close and then finding an old note written in Russians saying, "Beat you to it! Kindest Regards, Nikita."

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Says it maybe confirmed as a train find in this UK News paper.

goo.gl...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

also apparently confirmed by ground penetrating radar.. a 300 foot long train.. wish i could be there when it's explored!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Sorry for being 'that guy' but this was posted over a week ago here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It isn't breaking general news, and it is already being discussed.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

it's ok, you're not "that guy"... the thread you linked to was posted on "posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:31 ".... mine was first at "posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 17:49 "

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hahaha! I didn't notice that, hadn't seen your thread before just now!
...always good to shame oneself every now and again! That was brilliant, you done me, I publicly acknowledge that, apologise...and I'll just get my coat!

*Edit*
Star and flag, it is a very interesting story and I wonder if it will affect gold prices with so much entering the market if it is true.
edit on 28.8.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

lol... no need for apologies...i'm just not a flag/star whore so i didn't bother pointing it out as by the time i saw the thread you linked to, it had lots more replies on it... and i'm just adding info to mine in case anybody else is following it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join